Weird Woman dies after Wii competition

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A mother of three died from water intoxication after a radio station drinking competition, a California coroner said on Saturday. Jennifer Strange, 28, competed in Sacramento station KDND 107.9's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest to try to win Nintendo's console for her children.

Contestants were handed half-pint bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes for the first hour, and then larger bottles to up the ante.

Laura Rios, Strange's colleague at Radiological Associates of Sacramento, said: "She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad. She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her." Her body was discovered at her home on Friday, Associated Press reports.

Assistant coroner Ed Smith said preliminary evidence revealed evidence "consistent with a water intoxication death".

Last edited:
G

g1real

Well that sucks... I think the women is pretty much fault, but the radio is too. They should've known stuff like that, pretty bs.

I think the title of this news should change, it has nothing to do with a Wii, except for the prize >_>

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I think the title's fine =P.

But I agree, they should've known that something like that would happen, it's not the women's fault since she wasn't warned or anything.

Still, pretty sad, think of the children :(.

BlueSin

Reaction score
Well the money from the lawsuit might be a little compensation. They could buy way more than just a wii.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Stupid competition. Whoever hosted it and the people who took part unaware of the dangers of drinking large quantities of water...sheesh. It's amazing in a somewhat civilized world we have people who aren't brought up with necessary education -_-

K

Kevin

yeah this news report really ticks me off can we like move it or half-censor the front page cause it makes me angry every time I am reminded of it.

Not yelling at you helper, I just hate the stupid ignorant people who did the contest.

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I knew too much water was bad for you... But she would have to drink alot to die from it. I think the threshold is 2 litres per hour...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.