Atari Company Atari's Classic Food Fight Game Is Being Remade With Online Multiplayer

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Atari-Food-Fight-Remake.jpg

In conjunction with Mega Cat Studios, Atari is revisiting an arcade classic with a Food Fight remake set to launch in early 2022. Atari originally published the General Computer Corporation-developed Food Fight in 1983. The title existed as an arcade cabinet first, then migrated to the Atari 7800 three years later.

Players assumed the role of Charley Chuck, a boy who must navigate his way across a map to get eat ice cream before it melts. The challenge rests in ducking and dodging the chefs who mean to block Charley's path to the frozen desserts that await. Though plans were once in place for a Food Fight port on the popular Atari 2600 console, the project never saw the light of day. Charley Chuck's most modern appearance, then, is on 2004's Atari Flashback console, which launched with 20 built-in games, including the Atari 7800 version of Food Fight. In the not too distant future, the gluttonous adventures of Charley Chuck will grace newer hardware.

Atari announced a Food Fight remake that's slated to hit the Atari VCS PC/console hybrid on an unspecified date in early 2022. Versions for the Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S consoles will arrive at a later time, the company revealed in a press release. Developed by Mega Cat Studios, the Food Fight remake will feature a host of familiar faces, new characters, modern 3D graphics, and up-to-date mechanics. It'll also launch with single-player and local co-op modes, along with new online multiplayer options. In terms of the gameplay itself, players can expect to have 30 pick-ups, weapons, and other items at their disposal, all of which should prove useful when dealing with chefs Angelo, Oscar, and Zorba

Moar here: https://screenrant.com/atari-food-fight-game-remake-online-multiplayer/

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the first game announced on Atari's new plan to switch from Mobile Online games back to mainstream releases with the plan to launch these titles exclusive for a period on the VCS. If they keep this up it will be exciting to see what happens....

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
This one is coming up soon I hope. I am really looking forward to this I think this could be a Breakout Game (see what I did there?)!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.