Gaming Nintendo is releasing a miniature NES with 30 built-in games

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

Last edited by a moderator:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Can it still play cartridges?
Doubt it, given its micro-size.

~$2 a game isn't a terrible deal for those unwilling to simply download an emulator & get a USB controller.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also play NES games over the internet without downloading them. There are sites for that.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah, but there's the nostalgia for those that grew up with it. Playing Legend of Link on a seventy inch screen might get some people pumped.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are nostalgic you can still play it on the original consoles. My old Nintendo consoles still work today.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah, but Nintendo doesn't make more money from that, and my NES works too, but I have no idea how to make it play on my TV. I mean, I know I can get an RF adapter, but those fucking never work.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
It's confirmed you can only play those 30 games that are announced, nothing more, and nothing else. No cartridges support.

Otherwise, people will see the NES Classic Mini as the 8th generation console ahead of NX, if Nintendo added the feature to let players play games other than the announced 30 games.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Nintendo has always been my favorite console outside of Atari lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.