Search results

  1. jonas

    Gaming Hackers breach Electronic Arts, stealing game source code and tools

    Oh man, FIFA has loot boxes now? And I thought they were scammers when they just released the same game every year...
  2. jonas

    Gaming Hackers breach Electronic Arts, stealing game source code and tools

    To be honest though, source code is cheap. Without the AAA artists as well as devs to adapt the code to whatever whimsical needs the game has, the source code is almost worthless. Except to hackers, of course.
  3. jonas

    Environment World's largest iceberg breaks off of Antarctica

    Nah no way. It may not even rise by 3m in the next 100 years. There is a lot of ice but it will take a long time to melt.
  4. jonas

    Crime Ransomware gangs get more aggressive against law enforcement

    on point: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-09/colonial-hackers-stole-data-thursday-ahead-of-pipeline-shutdown?sref=ylv224K8
  5. jonas

    Crime Ransomware gangs get more aggressive against law enforcement

    > In some cases important case files have gone missing. I guess getting hacked is a fact of life with the current state of art in computing, but losing important data over it is just incompetence
  6. jonas

    General Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are splitting up after 27 years

    That's really sad, they always presented as such a perfect couple.
  7. jonas

    US News Chaos Erupts Immediately After Northeast Kentucky Gets Its First Roundabout

    omg I just watched the video, that's hilarious! Good that nobody came in from the other side.
  8. jonas

    US News Chaos Erupts Immediately After Northeast Kentucky Gets Its First Roundabout

    In other parts of the world, there are roundabouts every couple of hundreds of meters, and they increase throughput (compared to intersections with stop signs/traffic lights).
  9. jonas

    Science US: First GMO Mosquitoes to Be Released In the Florida Keys

    This is a lot less risky than introducing new species like killer bees, although there is a still a risk on the eco system if these mosquitos are the main source of food for some other animal. I think they should keep a population of non-infected mosquitos and reintroduce them after the...
  10. jonas

    World After Going ‘Free of L.G.B.T.,’ a Polish Town Pays a Price

    I'm not sure how official the support really was. Local churches sometimes differ from the pontificate quite a bit. For example I attended a wedding between two women at a catholic church once, with blessing by the priest. But seeing no harm in "a symbolic and legally pointless gesture" -- I'm...
  11. jonas

    Politics NASA Is the Latest to Offend China by Calling Taiwan a Country In an HTML Dropdown Menu Item

    I can't imagine taiwanese Chinese are happy that Taiwan is not considered part of China either.
  12. jonas

    Environment New study says the Earth could see six month-long summers

    We may not be able to stop it, but the slower it happens the better we can prepare & adapt
  13. jonas

    Technology COVID-19 impact: Work from home more appealing than return to 'business as usual,' Harvard survey shows

    I love wfh and 90% of my colleagues do it too. Most of the remaining 10% have little kids at home that make it impossible
  14. jonas

    Hey, you've been online and didn't tell anyone

    Hey, you've been online and didn't tell anyone
  15. jonas

    Technology New Algorithm Breaks Speed Limit for Solving Linear Equations

    Lol, the insanity around the exponent in the matrix multiplication is what led me to stay far away from the algorithms field
  16. jonas

    Report Pandemic Has Created a Generation of Schoolchildren More Interested in STEM Careers Than Ever, Poll Says

    Schoolchildren 2 yeas ago: "Why do I need to learn this shit? That's for nerds!" Schoolchildren today: ...
Top