пΞ¢ΓØ№мїċΦП

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Discovery

It was the year of 2008, a year of prosperity and discovery, a year when the American government secretly unearthed an ancient tome: the Necronomicon.

Research

Heavy research was conducted on the strange book, ancient texts that were never seen before were mysteriously engraved on the metal cover. The pages within it were written in with dried blood, who knows what secrets these pages reveal? Soon, several other books similar to the Necronomicon were found but were not as decorative and looked flimsy and poorly made, promptly classified as Grimoires. Both the Grimoires and the Necronomicon were transported to the NecroTech laboratories where they can be further examined and kept secret.

Annihilation

The Necronomicon suddenly gave off an eerie faint white glow, and the Grimoires called hostile monsters into our world, destroying the laboratories and killing anyone near them. Few survived and it is presumed that all Grimoires have escaped. The Necronomicon is nowhere to be found in the wreckage.

The Grimoires have disappeared entirely, not even a trace was found. The American government have secretly created the Order, a specialized organization run by those trained to destroy the Grimoires and recover the Necronomicon. With the Order, the people know nothing, hear nothing, and see nothing.

It is now the year of 2016. A year of Propaganda, a year of Secrecy.​

A year of Death and Destruction.

--------------------

Necronomicon

--------------------

Last Updated: August 13, 2008

----------\\ News //----------

I'm back!!! :D Updated with Vika's picture and Chapter 3! Ty for those who have read so far!

----------\\ Glossory //----------

Darkling: A mechanical creature that uses a Grimoire as a catalyst to materialize on the Earth. They have low intelligence, but their lethality makes up for it. Darklings come in different shapes and sizes, but all of them have strange built-in weapons such as guns and blades that will be used recklessly against any humans. Darklings can create more Darklings by killing a Human, making a Darkling highly dangerous as a single Darkling can wipe out an entire city. Darklings can attain the form of a human to conceal their identities, making them an even higher threat against Humanity.

Grimoire: Strange, tattered books that were uncovered along with the Necronomicon. They seemed to have been activated when the NecroTech laboratories examined the Neconomicon. Not much is known about these mysterious books at this moment.

Necronomicon: A very ancient tome with eccentric characters written in dried blood within it. Any information about the Necronomicon is classified Top-Secret by the government and no information was ever revealed about the Grimoires or the Necronomicon. Reasons why this ancient book was kept secret from the world is not yet known.

----------\\ Chapters //----------
All Chapters can be Viewed through Link at Bottom of Page

--->> Chapter 1: Hunter and Darkling [||||||||||] 100% Complete

----------> Chapter Summary
Not Done!

--->> Chapter 2: You Remember? [||||||||||] 100% Complete

Not Done!

--->> Chapter 3: Ashura's Deal [||||||||||] 100% Complete

Not Done!

----------\\ Characters //----------
Click on the Pictures for Full Character Pictures

Akira:
Your typical, music loving teenager who leads a normal life in the city of Metropolis...
Well, that is until he meets Vika. Logical, fast-thinking and somewhat easy to confuse, Akira holds a secret in his buried past.

Vika:
Strange Darkling Hunter and Akira's classmate.
Quiet and reserved, hates being asked questions and prefers acting through silent, deadly force.
Uses a pistol and a small elegant sword.

Ashura:
Strange girl with a seemingly permanent lazy look on her face.
Not much is known about her at this moment.

-------------------------

To Read this Story, Click Here

-------------------------

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The idea of books magically turning into monsters kind of sounds corny to me.

Syndrome

Reaction score
The idea of books magically turning into monsters kind of sounds corny to me.

tch. meh, my imagination is very VERY random. i get ideas randomly, some influenced by something i've read or heard of, some just completely out of thin air.

im sticking with the books cause... i dunno? :p
well, since i have heard of NOTHING, nothing at all that uses books as monsters, i will claim that idea as 100% my own :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
The idea itself seems... Ridiculous. It's one thing if the books are... Summoning tools? When activated by the Necro-book, via something the researchers did, they activate the books, which summon the creatures and destroy the books?

That's believeable to me. Books turning into monsters? No.

Syndrome

Reaction score
The idea itself seems... Ridiculous. It's one thing if the books are... Summoning tools? When activated by the Necro-book, via something the researchers did, they activate the books, which summon the creatures and destroy the books?

That's believeable to me. Books turning into monsters? No.

the Grimoires [the books that turned into monsters] were actually in fact activated by the necronomicon.
the reason the book stays however, is that the Darklings need a catalyst, something to channel through, to stay in this world. that catalyst is the Grimoires. Destroy the Grimoires and the monsters disappear from the face of the world.

DM Cross

Reaction score
You said the books turned into monsters. Obviously, from that post, that is not really the case. You need to be more clear with what you say o_O

Syndrome

Reaction score
You said the books turned into monsters. Obviously, from that post, that is not really the case. You need to be more clear with what you say o_O

i did... didn't i? :p

gah. your right, but i needed to keep the intro short because there was this other story thign im using and that barely fitted it. i don't want to elongate the intro by saying HOW the darklings exist in the world...

I guess i can change it here though :D! thanks Seth!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Instead of "turned into the monsters" "called monsters into our world".

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'll rate this thread [aka, the story, I guess] a 4/5 for good design and presentation, along with a decent storyline. I'd have to read it in detail [as in, read the whole thing] before I decided it was better than good.

Good job.

Syndrome

Reaction score
heh, thanks! :D
glad that you enjoyed it :3

i am now officially going to be away from computer for 3 days. :banghead:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, you read and rated the thread? :D

The thread and pictures sure do look nice... :) Well, monsters relating to books (either being spawned by them or are them) is not that strange. A lot of stories/shows/etc. have those things. Like in Inuyasha I saw once... and stuff.

Anyway, waiting for the story! :thup:

Syndrome

Reaction score
"Like in Inuyasha I saw once... and stuff" -thewrongvine

...your joking, right? :banghead:

lol

anywys, im back and im in montreal, so i can still write but at a reduced rate.
ive got a picture of Vika drawn but i have no scanner lol >_<||

3rd chapter coming soon, this one is a bit longer and a bit harder to write cause i wanted this to be... 'different' then the anime im influenced by.
meaning, i don't want to do:

oh noz, we're about to die, someone save us!
-some guy with cool powers comes in to save them-
thank you very much mr.stranger!

or something like that lol.

expect it by the end of the day maybe :D

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Huh? What am I joking about? WHY SO SERIOUS!?

Ehem, sorry, had to do that. :D But what I mean is that your idea is pretty... not common, but not that strange from many of the hundreds of thousands of millions of horror stories. There's different angles taken with it, but it's basically monsters from...

ok, nevermind me. Good luck! Have fun at your camp! :D

Syndrome

Reaction score
[Update]
August 13 2008.
Added Vika's profile pic, added Ashura's profile info [not much to look at though :p] and added Chapter 3!
Fixed some typos in thread.

Ty for reading! leave C&C!

@ thewrongvine
lol thats true, it seems that almost all imaginative ideas have been thought up by someone already... T___T
guess i gotta work hard to make this seem different from most other things then XD

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
That Darkling Description. They could basically infiltrate a place disguised as a human, kill a human, make it a darkling, it become disguised as a human, and so on. So they would basically be unstoppable. If there's something else you haven't mentioned, tell me, but otherwise you might want to consider changing that.

Syndrome

Reaction score
@t3hwr0ngv1n3: ROFL I am not at camp, instead I hit a road-block in my story >_>'', I actually want some help on this one lol ^ ^;;

@Halahan: Yes, that's true and that's why the secret organization wants to eradicate them. However, the Darklings are actually stupid machines [at the moment :eek:] so they attack on site. To top it off, Akira has the power to see the Grimoires within the Darklings, making him invalueable.

A few chapters later, a strange individual starts commanding Darklings and they attack the base, but I can't stream that along with other ideas from my currrent position... Some help plz? :p

EDIT: OMG! I finally got Custom Title! w00t!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.