Music ‘Peaches’ From ‘Super Mario Bros. Movie’ Is Eligible for Oscars Best Original Song

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Is “Peaches” from “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” one of the first Oscars original song contenders of the year?

The ultimate power ballad, sung by Jack Black as the evil Bowser, will be eligible to submit for best original song consideration at the Oscars, Universal has confirmed to Variety.

“Peaches” is all about Bowser’s unrequited love. And the subject of his adoration? Princess Peach (voiced by Anya Taylor Joy), who is the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. The song is co-written by Black, the film’s directors Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, as well as Eric Osmond and John Spiker.

In the movie, Bowser is sitting at his piano belting out the ballad. He sings, “Peach, you’re so cool And with my star we’re gonna rule. Peach, understand, I’m gonna love you ’til the very end. Princess Peach, at the end of the line, I’ll make you mine.” The chorus is Bowser hilariously singing “Peaches” in various keys. He continues, “Mario, Luigi, and a Donkey Kong, too. A thousand troops of Koopas couldn’t keep me from you.”

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.