1.5.0 Arcade Development Support

Discussion in 'Starcraft 2 (SC2) Editor Help' started by Dave312, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Dave312

Dave312 Censored for your safe viewing

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    Some of the Blizzard developers are providing help on the Battle.net Custom Maps forum in regards to the Editor. Their introduction thread is here and there are quite a few interesting questions/answers.

Here is a small selection:

2. X-maul

X-maul AKA: Demtrod

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Sucks that this is not reachable with a EU account o.o
    Would some of you please post a reply for me?
    I want to point out a bug:

3. Dave312

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    Posted. I'll try to check it periodically to see if you get an answer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Dave :) If you get the time (I saw they were reviewing requests) you could suggest the option to scale the "Checkbox" dialog item proberly, instead of only scaling the hitbox.

And after the 1.5 update the search function was removed from the Text Editor.
    (But do it if you get time)

5. Dave312

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    No worries.

There seems to be quite a lot of bugs with the new editor. One that I have just noticed is that terrain textures that have a value specified in the Height Map property (in the Data Editor) cannot be placed in the Terrain Module. An example of this is the Mar Sara Concrete texture.

6. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    uhm - that sucks - well hopefully they will fix it :)

(Btw, what is your name on the forum? :) )

7. Dave312

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    Its Dave (imaginative huh?)

That texture problem can easily be fixed by deleting the Height Map value, but the only problem is that I don't know what that property does, so I could also be disabling something else.

8. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    oh, yeah would never have figured that out :) Lucky that you could get that name though
    Ok, well you might just ask in there and see if you get lucky and get an ansver:)

9. Dave312

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    Well that is the stupid thing about the SC2 forums, the names are not unique. It is just the same name I was using for SC2.

I did :D

10. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    o_OOdd - well.. yeah that seems a little odd to me :b

11. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Oh, another suggestion ;)

12. Dave312

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    The reply from one of the developers:

As far as rotating the Terrain Objects go, Terrain Objects actually replace the standard terrain cells which are square tiles. As such, Terrain objects can only be rotated by 90 degree increments in order to align with the terrain cells. If you look at the Braxis Alpha Bridge Arrow, you should notice there are two types, a 0 degree version, and a 45 degree version. This is because they can't rotate a Terrain Object by 45 degrees to make it diagonal because the cell footprint won't align with the Terrain Cells.

• Like Like x 1
  13. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :) Sounds good.
    well, it's more that, it doesnt seem to rotate the right direction when i [Ctrl] click above it (90 deg) I would just love to have the option to modify it's values, to either 90, 180, 270 or 360 degrees, instead of having to [Ctrl] click and use 1-2 min on rotating it the right way :)

14. Dave312

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    One of the changes with patch 1.5.0 is that they have added a rotate button (located below the object list) which allows you to rotate it in 90 degree increments prior to placement. You should no longer have to click and rotate it using the mouse.

15. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Oh, lovely :) havent noticed that - well this certainly solves my problem :)