(10) Plains of War ORPG

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
(10) Plains of War ORPG

I have just started working on this project today since I'm bored of my mind of thinking....so....I was inspired (Again, but differently) by 3 small screenshots...look here, you'll see what I mean.

The Great Plains 1
The Great Plains 2
The Great Plains 3

Please note that the screenshots above are not part of the ORPG! They are samples of how it MIGHT look like later on, it also explains my inspiration of the ORPG.

Now you see how I got this idea for a map...but the screenshots are not mine :p. They're just beautiful art of Warcraft (But I can't beleive people don't think of it as good screenshots :(...no sense of art (Must be)).

Okay, this map...is REALLY BIG! I somehow managed to use UMSWE to get the dimensions 480x480. So right now it's already 280 KB or so. I hope it doesn't exceed the 4 MB limit...so to ensure that, I'm going to use the Optimizer (Sorry, but I must) to shorten map size, and I might also use the Widgetizer so it will load the map faster. Okay, special features huh? Here's what they are:

1. Inventory System - Hard
2. Stash System - Hard
3. Diablo 2 Based Classes - Medium
4. Spellbook System - Easy
5. Camera Lock - Medium
6. RPG Movement Controls - Easy
7. Good Terrain - Very Hard
8. Creep Respawn - Easy

This map is a 10 player ORPG, filled with creeps to kill, several secrets to unlock, and much more! I will need some people to aid me in this project....sorry for the Lordaeron Summer Terrain, it will be switched with more tiles. Okay, here are some positions that are open:

Terrainers:
People who will design the terrain with flawless effort, remember that it's a plain ;).

System Developers:
People who will develop useful systems for the game, such as an inventory system for example.

JASSers:
People who will create JASS scripts in the game for certain spells and whatever.

Beta/Alpha Testers:
People who will be the first few to test this map and to report any flaws, inbalances, unreachable areas, and such.

Mad Supporters:
People who will suggest any ideas for the map. These will be one of the most important slots.

Okay, if more information is needed, please ask me and tell me what information you're specifically seeking. I hope I don't lose interest in this project :).

Areas:

Dustvile Village:
The area of which you begin your adventure. This is the village of the Dustvile region, it's villagers are peaceful and warriors out with ale. This heartwarming village is a nice place to stay in, but you'll have to train if you want to stay, it's what all the villagers and children say to keep safe from harm.

Completion: |||||||||| COMPLETE!

Kinglepath Road:
The road to the Evergreen forest, spiders roam around the area, but makes an excellent training grounds for squires and apprentices. Several travelers can defend themselves against the spiders, they are the weakest creatures in the Dustvile region.

Evergreen Forest:
An enlightened forest, filled with skyscraping trees and several creatures of 2 types. This is the king's favored forest, all the king's men train here for battle by killing large spiders and weak trolls. The creatures aren't much of a threat, for they are weaklings and are easily exterminated with a few cuts or weak magic.

Moonshire Woods:
The forest which always shines moonlight upon all. Several nocturnal creatures hide in the forest, night glimpses upon all. During the night, nothing can be seen, except the shadows, trees, and props in the woods.

Gothicson Forest:
The forest of Gothicson Town, filled with dangerous creatures and bandits alike, it proves to be a challenge to soldiers of Gothicson. Inside the forest lies a camp, not far from the town. There, those who survive the way train their skills and efforts, the leader there, Zahn Warvenger, will train you with dummies and combat practice.

Gothicson Town:
Gothicson Town is the fourth heavily defended town in the Dustvile region. Soldiers there are well-trained, and rarely challenge themselves against the forest which lies beyond them. If they survive, they have an oportunity to train at the camp, which increases their skill in combat if they pay attention.

Gothicson Training Grounds:
Those who survive the Gothicson Forest can train here for furthur improvment in combat. The leader, Zahn Warvenger, will help you train with combat lessons with dummies. You can also do a practice battle with actual soldiers, but are more skilled than the previous creeps you fought. Practice well and hone your skills.

Completion: ||||||||||

Greencrag Pass:
The connected pass in Ironfall Pass & Ascent which is located to the left of the main pass. Its relative, Dreamwalk & Deadwalk are located the the opposite side of this area, which remains a dark cave at the edge.

Completion: ||||||||||

Team:

Cookie:
-Terrainer

Hi_Im_Bob:
-System Developer
-Beta/Alpha Tester

Phoenixashes:
-Terrainer
-Beta/Alpha Tester
-Mad Supporter

Doom-Angel:
-System Developer
-Mad Supporter
-JASSer

Mr Zero
-System Developer
-JASSer

Demi666:
-Beta/Alpha Tester

Overall Progress: ||||||||||

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Well the first question you will probably get, and I will pose it to you is: What will you do? What do you offer? Because all of those positions are all the requirements to make an RPG.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hmm...good question...what suits you if you supported a project greatly....would you expect something very special? Of course, I'll add the people to credits as long as they helped, special credits for those who contributed A LOT. But in return...I'll give them +rep for the things they've done. Anything else they might want besides the things I said here? I can't seem to find another way to thank people unless if I add them to the credits and give them +rep.

C

Cookie

yay for thanatos's rpg???
Question numero uno: Will it have attachments according to items, cos that looks sexy? :D

Question numero duo: There is no question 2 lol... just saying id love to terrain :p

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
As the project leader, or maker, you should be well rounded in almost all fields. Like for example on my RPG map, I don't ask for one person to design all my systems for me, I'd be asking for just help on the subject. Which I'm assuming that is what you are doing as well. I'm well versed enough to create the systems its just very time consuming.

I know where you're coming from, I'm just making sure you plug yourself as a well rounded designer.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Ah...cursed 12 year old head :banghead: (I can't really understand things that most adults and teens can understand well)!

Okay, so you're saying that you're just checking up my project to see if I do some of the things and not making the people working do all of it right?

EDIT:

1. Maybe....but I can't seem to make the attachments as I though I could....but if omeone could help me with that yes, I would Cookie.

2. You can terrain? Okay, I'll do some of the terrain, I got the scene in my head and I'll be using custom tree models so I doesn't look so boring. I'd like you to raise and lower terrain so i'ts not really flat. I can do some but I'm not rally skilled.

EDIT 2:

If I give you the map so you can work on it a bit, please open the map with UMSWE, if you load with regular WE, it will take forever to load the pathing map (Also may avoid crashes in the game and saves time for a better performance).

C

Cookie

yo thanatos, du ya reckon i cood get hold of ure map so i can get on to some terraining? :D

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well the first question you will probably get, and I will pose it to you is: What will you do? What do you offer? Because all of those positions are all the requirements to make an RPG.

My Influence :p

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
yo thanatos, du ya reckon i cood get hold of ure map so i can get on to some terraining? :D

Hmm....you want to work on it now? I'm almost done with Evergreen Forest and Kinglepath Road is partially completed. I'd like to get Dustvile Village ready so we can start testing soon.

P

Pandaren

First of all: those images are amazing.

My ideas: Don't make it slash and hack bosses! Make em strategic, like have the boss have 4 guys around him that make a shield. Defeat them to open his shield, then slash and hack. This would be like, phase 1 of 3. Just a quick idea. Also, you could make it so your guy can attack ground and so do all normal enemies. This way, it's not boring just sitting there slashing. You could run around the opponent so he doesn't hit you. With this, make them extra strong too, and maybe a slow attack speed.

Also: an arena! Who doesn't love arenas? Armor classes and types are also good. I'd help you tons with terraining, but I'm busy. I can give you tons of monster, ability and hero ideas.

Last, when you make the heroes, try making like their first ability all at the same time, it helped me balance mine. Anyways, if you need ideas for zones or monsters or something, I'll post some.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
First of all: those images are amazing.

1. What?!?

Don't make it slash and hack bosses! Make em strategic, like have the boss have 4 guys around him that make a shield. Defeat them to open his shield, then slash and hack. This would be like, phase 1 of 3. Just a quick idea. Also, you could make it so your guy can attack ground and so do all normal enemies. This way, it's not boring just sitting there slashing. You could run around the opponent so he doesn't hit you. With this, make them extra strong too, and maybe a slow attack speed.

2. Hmm...I'm not sure...since it might exceed the 4 MB limit with a greater chance...we'll see about that.

an arena! Who doesn't love arenas? Armor classes and types are also good. I'd help you tons with terraining, but I'm busy. I can give you tons of monster, ability and hero ideas.

3. Yeah, no ORPG is great without an arena.

4. I can't really figure out what armor goes for which in the Gameplay Constants....it gets confusing because you'll see multiple Armor strings.

5. Okay, we've got 2 Terrainers.

6. Monsters eh? I could use a few more...though I got that pretty much done for later. Abilities are somewhat based on Diablo 2's spells...triggered and neat. Hero ideas.....I'm only using 7 at this time, the 7 heroes are based on Diablo 2 LOD's Characters, after the first version is released, I'll allow hero class suggestions.

C

Cookie

Okely Dokely, ill test for ya too if you want? Just tell me when and what you want me to terrain and ill get straight on it :D (P.S. Cood i get some screenshots of what youve terrained so far, so i can get a basic of idea of how it should look? :D)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
No Cookie, I just didn't have time to get the screenshot, you know I'm working on 3 projects right? This one, World of Naruto, and Battlefields of Dragonis. I'm working on World of Naruto now with UMSWE so the screenshot will come later, it seems I can't get the Forest really good but the village, yeah, you'll get it tommorow. I finished the forest, I'm doing creep placement later.

EDIT:

Crap! I have my ORPG map in my other computer :(. Yeah, I still have the map, but the one I have currently was a blank one (It's been about a few days when I went to a new dimension size)! The one that's under progress is the one in my other computer -_-.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay, first screenshot for Dustvile Village is up! Here's the map Cookie:

EDIT:

<Link Removed>

Go to page 2 for the next link.

C

Cookie

Alright, ive done a bit of work on it.. tell me what you think and if im heading in the right direction :D

<Removed Attachment, look at next couple of Posts>

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Thantos I am willing to help test, and help with some of the systems. Just tell me exactly what systems you want done/how you want it done.

EDIT: Opened map....wow my comp is really slow or map is really big. One thing I have to say is I really dont like Lordaron Summer that much, but whatever the first area looks pretty cool.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Eh, the map is really big :p. Remember that it's the dimensions of 400 something x 400 something. Open in UMSWE for better results if WE crashes.

Hmm...I need the stash system that Luth uses for his Battle of the Stars map, it will prove useful than having several stashes in the same area, or a moving stash. I need to think of other systems we could use...

Yeah, Lordaeron Summer sucks, but skillled terrainer's can do it well. I'll add more tiles depending on the areas with WEU.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.