Weird 100-year-old celebrates her birthday by smoking 170,000th cigarette

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
An iron-lunged pensioner has celebrated her 100th birthday by lighting up her 170,000th cigerette from a candle on her birthday cake.

Winnie Langley started smoking only days after the First World War broke out in June 1914 when she was just seven-years-old - and has got through five a day ever since.

She has no intention of quitting, even after the nationwide ban forced tobacco-lovers outside.

Last edited:

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I can't really consider that a GOOD thing, but, I guess I'll say, "Congrats."

Though, what I REALLY want to know is how you could keep track of that for over 50 years. :p

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Wow...she lived that long smoking

Yes, that is surprising. A definite congrats on reaching 100, but I don't know about the cigarettes....

WankerOne

Reaction score
If you guys read the entire article you would see at the end that "she never inhaled"

thats like wearing a condom and and just reading a playboy......
pathetic....
what a disgrace to the true patrons of tobacco inhalation.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Winnie Langley started smoking when she was just seven-years-old

Which I'm surprised didn't kill her after 5 cigarettes a day.

By 13 she would have smoked over 6000 cigarettes. I'm proud to say I haven't, and I will not.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
> Wow...she lived that long smoking

Yes, that is surprising. A definite congrats on reaching 100, but I don't know about the cigarettes....

Not suprising, you hear about ppl living a long time doing damaging habits all the time.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> you hear about ppl living a long time doing damaging habits all the time

How do you know what I hear and don't hear? :p

Either way, reaching 100 is great. I hope I get to live that long. Maybe longer the way medical technology is progressing....

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I wonder if people 100+ can like... move at all :p
but be boring... Being in the middle of a game and then suddenly... zZzZzZz

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Either way, reaching 100 is great. I hope I get to live that long. Maybe longer the way medical technology is progressing....
I believe it's decreasing... actually. Health issues, and such. Until we have another involving war or start working again our health wouldn't be all that great.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
My grandfather will be turning 90 this year and he has smoked for at least 75% of his life.

Yet he is the healthiest and most active soon-to-be-90-year-old I have ever seen in my life.

Every summer he tends to his own garden, that is (from my perspective) 20' by 10' in size. And damn are his tomatoes good :)

D

dagreek1212

there will always be something to kill off the human race whether it be nazi's or the influenza epidemic

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.