110mb is giving me FTP problems.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I'm trying to FTP phpBB over to my new 110mb account, using FileZilla. I can't get it to work, though. I can't figure out the web address. I've tried:
  • ftp.110mb.com
  • ftp.flamewarrior.110mb.com
  • flamewarrior.110mb.com
110mb tells me the "host" is the last option up there. I'm getting the username and password right, I'm sure of it. Could someone help me?

I need either an alternate way to get phpBB on my site, or a way to fix FileZilla.

BTW. I don't want anyone telling me to get SMF. I don't want it. It doesn't have the mod I want, so it's useless to me.

EDIT: I moved the file manually, but I'd still appreciate help with the FTP connection.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Before I use that horrid browser, could you explain why? Just so I can swallow my pride... :)

Because it's simple. Type in the Address, it asks for username/pass, and you're in. Unlike the FTP Clients, that have lots of options that you can screw up. ;)

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Hey, just upload the .zip file in the site then there is an option to unzip on the site. That is what I did with E107 for my 110mb site (mtrx.awardspace.com)

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I already managed to upload the file, but without FTP access my life is gonna suck.

I tried doing what you said, DDR, but all I got was a big buzzer.

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot! I was using a Microsoft product! :rolleyes: I minimized the browser to type this, and then when I opened it back up, it was suddenly, miraculously working.

How come I can't do this in FF? Or FileZilla, for that matter?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
You need plugins for those programs :(

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Plugins? Such as FireFTP?

I was able to use FTP on bravehost perfectly fine. Is 110mb special, and requires more customization?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I think 110mb is more secure than bravehost, but I'm not sure since I can't even get to http://110mb.com ...

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Well, the fact still remains that I can't use FileZilla to get onto my FTP... but oh well. I'll use IE if I have to.

EDIT: I've figured it out. 110mb has a limit of users on FTP and so I can never ever use it. Oh well...

BlueSin

Reaction score
It's almost always impossible to login use ftp with 110mb, as they say on the user index page. Yeah but besides that 110mb is great.

>>Hey, just upload the .zip file in the site then there is an option to unzip on the site.

Yeah that's definitely the best thing to do. This post was kind of pointless wasn't it...

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
No, it wasn't. I wanted to find out how to use FTP, because it's easier for non-zipped files.

So it's not pointless, but thanks for insulting me anyways.

BlueSin

Reaction score
>>thanks for insulting me anyways

No you misunderstood. :)

I said this post (meaning mine) was pointless, since I just repeated what others said, not this thread.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.