AoS (12) Aeon of Souls

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Aeon of Souls

Foreword
This is my best map, ever. It has been downloaded by (as far as I know) about 500 people so far (I know, not much, but much for a map that was released 3 months ago, IMO) and I have played with about 300 people, where only 3 disliked this map. So I think that tells what I want you to do; try it!

I have put a lot of hard work in this map, so if you take your time to try it, please leave a comment. C&C is always welcome.

So without further ado, I present to you --

Aeon of Souls
Fauk, I already annouced it... fail.

Main stuff
So what is this, more than just a few random heroes and a bunch of totally imbalulz items? Well, this map is all based around two things; teamwork and spell interaction. Let me give you an example:

Spell 1 - deals damage to the target. Deals extra damage if the target is suffering from -xxxx- condition.
Spell 2 - adds -xxxx- condition to all enemies in the AoE.
Spell 3 - passive - makes all targeted enemies take 200% extra damage from spells if they are suffering from -xxxx- condition.
Spell 4 - ultimate - deals damage to all enemies in the AoE and if they are suffering from -xxxx- condition, -xxxx- is extended by 5 seconds.

This is quite a nawb example, but it shows where I'm going -- if you use these abilities correct, you can easily kill your opponent. However, if you use them randomly, you most likely won't deal as much damage as you could. This is spell interaction.

Well, I also said teamwork. Why is teamwork important when you got spell interaction? Now, this is what I wanted to tell you most about. You see, all heroes in the map has a counter hero, a hero that can easily kill the other hero. This is why teamwork is important -- supporting heroes are very high valued in a battle between counters.

Some heroes are easy to play as, some are not. If you're playing this map I suggest you to read the abilities' tooltips carefully before you select your hero, atleast the first time you try this map. Every single time I play this map with some new players, I'm worried about one thing; if they pick the Cemaidion Guard. You see, a lot of people has complained that this hero was extremely weak, but it is not. It has low life, is a melee hero, has only one hp damaging spell and 3 mana destroying abilities. Seemingly weak, this hero is very hard to play as, but can easily kill. With the ultimate ability, that kills the target if it has 0 mana, and 2 mana destroying abilities, this hero is very effective against casters. But normally people need a 'manual' on how to use the ultimate of the hero, so I'll put it here:

To use 'Mana Virus', you'll have to be sure the opponent's mana is 0, or just lower than 50. Then use Mana Strike and then when Mana Strike has hit, apply the Mana Virus. This will result in a death. :)

Seems easy? Well, a lot of people can't do it. You try.

Items
Items really doesn't mean that much in this map. They can aid you much though, so make sure to buy them! For each game, you'll start making more and more tactics for 'item applyments' for each hero. :)

Features

• So far, features is of a low quantity in this map, as my goal was to create a fun, yet simple map. That is why the current list of features is as short as it is.
  • Fills less than 2 MB!
  • Heavily customized experience system! (Less Heroes on one team = more experience for that team.)
  • A Condition System like DoE and AotZ', and most older RPGs!
  • Well-planned Heroes, each playing their role in the map!
  • 6 VS 6 Gameplay!
  • Unlike many other AoS maps, a nice terrain is included!
  • Nice effects, created specially for this map!

Conditions
So what are those funny little things? Basically, what this map is about, besides teamwork and spell interaction of course. :) Well, they are actually the 'connectors' of spell interaction. They are buffs that are applied by certain spells and are used to easilier overwhelm the enemy.

For more information about conditions, and a list of them, check F9 or the 'Quests' tab in the map.

Last word
I hope you'll enjoy this map, as I, as said above, put a lot of hard work into it. Well, not only me, but also several other people. A list of these can be seen by clicking F9 or the 'Quests' tab.

Enjoy my hard work!
AoS_2.03(p).w3x

Attachments

• Screen1.JPG
    Screen1.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 346
  • Screen1N.JPG
    Screen1N.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Screen2.JPG
    Screen2.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Screen2N.JPG
    Screen2N.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Screen3.JPG
    Screen3.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 294

Nexor

Reaction score
woa nice map, unfortunatly I've got critical error when casting the blood Hero's first spell on my minion :S

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> It has been downloaded by (as far as I know) about 500 people so far (I know, not much, but much for a map that was released 3 months ago, IMO) and I have played with about 300 people, where only 3 disliked this map

Where on earth are those figures coming from?
Am I one of the 3 that disliked the map?

It's difficult to believe that I'm one of 3, out of 300...

Is the map any more balanced than when I played it? =|

> unfortunatly I've got critical error when casting the blood Hero's first spell on my minion :S
Vestras coded the spells.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> woa nice map, unfortunatly I've got critical error when casting the blood Hero's first spell on my minion :S

Aw fuack, I thought I eliminated that bug. Well, gotta go fix moar then.

> Where on earth are those figures coming from?

Believe it or not, I counted <.<

> Am I one of the 3 that disliked the map?

As far as I remember you didn't dislike it.

> Is the map any more balanced than when I played it? =|

What version did you play? I remember 1.05, so yeah, it is. Much.

> Vestras coded the spells.

Indeed I did.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Looks interesting, will respond to it soon.
However, the sfx seemed to be spammed... Does it lag?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Meh. Doesn't look like anything special at the moment. Change my mind! :]

Oh, but I do love those spells.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i actualy have a question about the scrrenshots, whats with the blue rings around the bloodmage hero?

With that said, because of how dense the rings are i belive the map would be too graphicaly intense for my computer so i most likely wont try it untill i get a higher speced computer (then again if i get that i might not return to wc3 cuz ill be playing current gen games)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
You tried it?

Yes. I didn't play the whole way through but I tested it in single player. Anyways, I'd be happy to help with new heroes, because that's always what makes games that much more replayable is a large pool of heroes to choose from. In my opinion, that's why DotA is so popular. So many strategies and combinations it's insane.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I don't like the hero spell interaction mutch, It pretty much leaves you without any other strategies if you want to deal maximal dmg.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> i actualy have a question about the scrrenshots, whats with the blue rings around the bloodmage hero?

It's an aura.

> With that said, because of how dense the rings are i belive the map would be too graphicaly intense for my computer so i most likely wont try it untill i get a higher speced computer (then again if i get that i might not return to wc3 cuz ill be playing current gen games)

It doesn't lag at all. The rings are too much alpha'ed for it to be possible to lag + it's only 10 particles.

> Yes. I didn't play the whole way through but I tested it in single player. Anyways, I'd be happy to help with new heroes, because that's always what makes games that much more replayable is a large pool of heroes to choose from. In my opinion, that's why DotA is so popular. So many strategies and combinations it's insane.

I suggest you to try it in multiplayer, much funner. And I'd be happy to take ideas, you got MSN/Skype?

> I don't like the hero spell interaction mutch, It pretty much leaves you without any other strategies if you want to deal maximal dmg.

Actually, some heroes got more than just one strategy. But I'm making more heroes, and some of those also got more than one possible way to kill easier.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
> i actualy have a question about the scrrenshots, whats with the blue rings around the bloodmage hero?

It's an aura.

> With that said, because of how dense the rings are i belive the map would be too graphicaly intense for my computer so i most likely wont try it untill i get a higher speced computer (then again if i get that i might not return to wc3 cuz ill be playing current gen games)

It doesn't lag at all. The rings are too much alpha'ed for it to be possible to lag + it's only 10 particles.

> Yes. I didn't play the whole way through but I tested it in single player. Anyways, I'd be happy to help with new heroes, because that's always what makes games that much more replayable is a large pool of heroes to choose from. In my opinion, that's why DotA is so popular. So many strategies and combinations it's insane.

I suggest you to try it in multiplayer, much funner. And I'd be happy to take ideas, you got MSN/Skype?

> I don't like the hero spell interaction mutch, It pretty much leaves you without any other strategies if you want to deal maximal dmg.

Actually, some heroes got more than just one strategy. But I'm making more heroes, and some of those also got more than one possible way to kill easier.

Hm, in that case good. Btw, I can write the stories for the heroes and make some items + some ideas. That is, IF you'd like some help.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ofcourse it will be. So... shloud I re-write all stories, or do you want to keep something?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Bump.

Actually, not just a bump. An update.
I'm currently working hard (for my level :D) on v2.00.

V2.00 will feature 4 new heroes, 3 for the Night Elves (I'll be replacing 2 heroes (the Paladin and the Elder of Time)) and 1 for the Undead.

The replacement for the Paladin is becoming awesome; cool eyecandy, a nice skin and a good personality. Everything that creates a wicked hero.

And this isn't everything; v2.00 also features a new, cool multiboard, and creep upgrading, and of course -- balancing!

There's much to look forward to, so get to it!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention -- the map's size is smaller than ever! 1.7 mb!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Bump.

Actually, not just a bump. An update.
I'm currently working hard (for my level :D) on v2.00.

V2.00 will feature 4 new heroes, 3 for the Night Elves (I'll be replacing 2 heroes (the Paladin and the Elder of Time)) and 1 for the Undead.

The replacement for the Paladin is becoming awesome; cool eyecandy, a nice skin and a good personality. Everything that creates a wicked hero.

And this isn't everything; v2.00 also features a new, cool multiboard, and creep upgrading, and of course -- balancing!

There's much to look forward to, so get to it!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention -- the map's size is smaller than ever! 1.7 mb!

the mapsize is good news! :thup::thup: as for evrything else I will wait to see it before i can comment.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Updated to 2.00.
Changelog said:
GAMEPLAY
- added 1 new hero, the Deathflame Wizard. (Has replaced the Paladin)
- added 1 new story, the Deathflame Wizard. (Has replaced the Paladin)
- renamed the Flamecattle to Ársönîst.
- added upgrades to creeps, they will upgrade damage, armor and life every 8 min.
- added a fancy new multiboard.

BALANCING
- increased gold requirement on some items.
- decreased damage on Nightstalker of the Rogue Assasin.
- increased cooldown on Nightstalker of the Rogue Assasin.

ADDITIONS
- added Gem of Truesight to the second Secret Shop at the World Tree.

BUGS
- fixed all crashes, this is the first 100% stable version of the map.
- fixed some minor issues with the Ársönîst.

Since I figured that there were still crashes, I decided to cut a lot of the features and release this completely stable version.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Gonna test it now. Oh and there is a thing most AoS maps need but don't have
Hint
When they are near a tower they shloud get some defence increase, and towers shloud sell small healing potions, incase you are a melee, you are fighting a range, who has no sence of fair play and you don't want to go back to base evry 2 minutes

duyen

Reaction score
-You can't deny creeps
-Mage gets full mana half way through casting Armageddon
-Armageddon's cd is way too low.
-Gem is overpriced

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.