Crime 12 Dead in Terrorist Attack on Paris Weekly; Gunmen at Large

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Masked gunmen stormed the Paris offices of a weekly newspaper that caricatured the Prophet Muhammad, methodically killing 12 people Wednesday, including the editor, before escaping in a car. It was France's deadliest postwar terrorist attack.

Shouting "Allahu akbar!" as they fired, the men also spoke flawless, unaccented French in the military-style noon-time attack on the weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo, located near Paris' Bastille monument. The publication's depictions of Islam have drawn condemnation and threats before ? it was firebombed in 2011 ? although it also satirized other religions and political figures.

President Francois Hollande called the slayings "a terrorist attack without a doubt," and said several other attacks have been thwarted in France in recent weeks. Fears have been running high in France and elsewhere in Europe that jihadis returning from conflicts in Syria and Iraq will stage attacks at home.

France raised its security alert to the highest level and reinforced protective measures at houses of worship, stores, media offices and transportation. Schools closed across Paris, although thousands of people jammed Republique Square near the site of the shooting to honor the victims, holding aloft pens and papers reading "Je suis Charlie" ? "I am Charlie."

So, fucked up !

Last edited by a moderator:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
In the name of their "Hmm GOD" should wake up and teach 'em a lesson, they will never forget!

Its french people so no loss.
So, you support terrorist attacks ?
Does it feels justified in "murdering someone because of a cartoon? ".

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
So, you support terrorist attacks ?
Does it feels justified in "murdering someone because of a cartoon? ".

They should just make cartoons that make fun of Christianity. After all, all these concepts are what? 2000 years old or something? The milk was spilled a long time ago and if you're stupid enough to not solve conflicts without force, then you're just destined to live a short life. The that case, the only ones that are responsible for anything, are either the government, for not protecting their citizens properly, or the head of the office, that should at least have an idea of consequences. France for one part has always been laissez fair about everything. They even eat overdue cheese. So, not a big suprise there.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it does bother christian fanatics. But christian fanatics are pussies. All they do is whine on the interwebz and look stupid on TV.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
They did make cartoons making fun of Christianity, and there is terrorism from Christians all the time. Realistically there is probably more terrorism from Christianity than Islam. But your news agencies blow as much as ours do so you fucking never heard about them, and instead just bitched about Fox and CNN while watching whatever the fuck the German equivalent to MSNBC is, so don't know anything.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
They did make cartoons making fun of Christianity, and there is terrorism from Christians all the time. Realistically there is probably more terrorism from Christianity than Islam. But your news agencies blow as much as ours do so you fucking never heard about them, and instead just bitched about Fox and CNN while watching whatever the fuck the German equivalent to MSNBC is, so don't know anything.

Well, usually I let you kids fight out your claims about whose imaginary friend is better. But I won't take your redneck shit about superior German journalism. What you believe to be American "journalism" are fat fucks and old hags in suits talking about shit they make up in their minds as they go. Our Agencies don't give a fuck about redneck idiots on meth that scam other Americans with the word of god. After all, we all know that your american Christianity changes based on convenience. What you believe in is the afterbirth of an abortion, raped by many different men. Mostly by the President.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Someone got anger issues.
Btw varyne, you forgot to mention nazis in your post.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Well, usually I let you kids fight out your claims about whose imaginary friend is better. But I won't take your redneck shit about superior German journalism. What you believe to be American "journalism" are fat fucks and old hags in suits talking about shit they make up in their minds as they go. Our Agencies don't give a fuck about redneck idiots on meth that scam other Americans with the word of god. After all, we all know that your american Christianity changes based on convenience. What you believe in is the afterbirth of an abortion, raped by many different men. Mostly by the President.
Wow, how very bold and clearly your superiority reigns through here. I believe the afterbirth of an abortion caused by being raped by the President, really? Does that even make sense to you? Along with totally changing the topic, you have absolutely failed (more than Cheshire) to make a comprehensible thought about anything but your little bitching about shit you clearly know nothing of, all the while trying to group me into your (wrong) little sections of Christianity for no apparent reason. All you really did was affirm what I already new about you, namely that your just some stupid kid that's got anger issues. You didn't even make a remote defense about your 'superior' journalism, but we should probably take your word for it, I know you Germans aren't expected to really, you know, think for yourselves.

Wow. Someone got anger issues.
Btw varyne, you forgot to mention nazis in your post.
I didn't need to, he made it clear himself.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Wow, how very bold and clearly your superiority reigns through here. I believe the afterbirth of an abortion caused by being raped by the President, really? Does that even make sense to you? Along with totally changing the topic, you have absolutely failed (more than Cheshire) to make a comprehensible thought about anything but your little bitching about shit you clearly know nothing of, all the while trying to group me into your (wrong) little sections of Christianity for no apparent reason. All you really did was affirm what I already new about you, namely that your just some stupid kid that's got anger issues. You didn't even make a remote defense about your 'superior' journalism, but we should probably take your word for it, I know you Germans aren't expected to really, you know, think for yourselves.

I didn't need to, he made it clear himself.

Ok, the abortion metaphor was way off. But other than that, I don't get what you mean, because your thinking is flawed. I'm not grouping you with any group of Christians. You automatically assumed that I grouped you with a certain sect of Christians, but what I am saying is, that all Believers are fucking morons. You think I got Anger issues? I'm just filling out the stereotypes you have with Germans. You're just feeling confirmed with what you think to know about people and that makes you look stupid ( from my point of view, Mr. FatFreedom ). Also, why are you arguing about my baseless assumption of German journalism being superior? If I really cared about what you think about our BND, I would've just argumented from the beginning. You can assume anything you want about me, but you will never really know. Maybe I'm not even German :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.