Crime 13-year-old charged with felony

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A Morton Middle School eighth-grader faces felony charges after putting crumbled peanut butter cookies in the lunch box of another student with a severe allergy to peanuts.

The allergic student, another eighth-grader, did not eat the cookies and did not suffer a reaction.

Read the whole story here.

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Good job US law
tard.gif

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I find nothing wrong with charging him with a felony. It could have killed the allergic kid.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>It was well known that the other student suffered from severe peanut allergies

Definitely should be a felony.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
In defense of the 13 year-old kid, one could argue that he shouldn't be charged with a felony. At that age children still tend to have very little reasoning/ risk-assessment abilities, and probably didn't know how deathly allergic to peanuts the other kid was, so he thought he could just do it as a playful practical joke, and didn't intend for it to be a homicide, and intent is one of the things that has to be proven to prove homicide or attempted homicide, and if he didn't intend to kill the other kid, then you can't jail him on a felony.

W

Werewulf

Kids can be VERY cruel and kids also need a good painful kick in the ass.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, next time I try to kill someone, I'll make them eat whatever they're allergic to. It seems an acceptable way in society for killing, or attempting at least.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.