World 14-year-old dies after exorcism

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A 14-year-old girl has died after neighbours and a local pastor tried to treat her convulsions with an exorcism at a church.

Sangeeta Persaud began to have convulsions as she was drinking tea for breakfast at her grandmother's home in Canal Number Two, a farming village west of the capital of Guyana, the grandmother told the Stabroek News and Guyana Chronicle.

The woman said neighbours arrived to help, and a local pastor convinced them she was suffering from demonic possession. After trying to cast out the demons at her home, the grandmother and other witnesses told the newspapers, neighbors carried her to a church, where the pastor and aides rubbed or pounded on her stomach and had her drink lime juice.

Last edited:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
if a person is having convulsions. I think a doctor comes first before a pastor

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I think in that area of the world there are more pastors than doctors.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I don't know if all exorcism is bullshit. Once a Lutheran pastor was called to exorcise a kid's house. He had somehow caused an entire room to remain very, very cold (witchcraft and stuff). After the Pastor performed the exorcism, the room returned to normal temperature. Now if the exorcism really caused the temperature normality is not the issue, but what is important is that the exorcism comforted people. If you guys are implying that all exorcism is bullshit, then I think you're mistaken. However, this exorcism was a terrible mistake. I'm sorry that such a thing happened. :(

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Give me a break..
Everyone knows this is what possessed girls look like.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8_7zFC5Twsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8_7zFC5Twsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
I don't know if all exorcism is bullshit. Once a Lutheran pastor was called to exorcise a kid's house. He had somehow caused an entire room to remain very, very cold (witchcraft and stuff). After the Pastor performed the exorcism, the room returned to normal temperature. Now if the exorcism really caused the temperature normality is not the issue, but what is important is that the exorcism comforted people. If you guys are implying that all exorcism is bullshit, then I think you're mistaken. However, this exorcism was a terrible mistake. I'm sorry that such a thing happened. :(

Were you there to witness this or is it something you read?
I've been to many so-called 'exorcisms' because when I was a bit younger, my parents believed my rebellious nature was due to the 'demons' within me and them.

Pfft.
Nonsense.

The pastors all "exorcised" my parents and they were shakin' like crazy and vomited after the 'ordeal', sometimes even still kicking and screaming.
While I just stood there..
With nothing happening to me..
Calmly..
Wondering if everyone in the world was stupid..

It's all in the mind.
I've seen mass exorcisms, too =.=
The people really believe the stuff.

It's all in the "possessed" person's head, really.
I can testify as a 'victim' to repeated 'exorcisms'.
Nothing supernatural ever happened.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Seriously, It's horrible.. they should go to a doctor first.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Were you there to witness this or is it something you read?
I've been to many so-called 'exorcisms' because when I was a bit younger, my parents believed my rebellious nature was due to the 'demons' within me and them.

Pfft.
Nonsense.

The pastors all "exorcised" my parents and they were shakin' like crazy and vomited after the 'ordeal', sometimes even still kicking and screaming.
While I just stood there..
With nothing happening to me..
Calmly..
Wondering if everyone in the world was stupid..

It's all in the mind.
I've seen mass exorcisms, too =.=
The people really believe the stuff.

It's all in the "possessed" person's head, really.
I can testify as a 'victim' to repeated 'exorcisms'.
Nothing supernatural ever happened.

Possession is a very rare case. This method is just exploiting hysteria. I don't blame your parents for following the movement. I hope you can stop looking at the situation from such a narrow viewpoint some day and appreciate what your parents hold as truth. Note that I never said believe: I said appreciate.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with Ninva.

As I said before, whatever floats your boat. You can have as much mass as you want, as long as the pull of gravity doesn't make your weight stronger than the displaced water.

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
City Harvest Church, Google it!
That's the one that's giving me the worst impression.

Not all Christians are bad people, I swear, lol

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Not all Christians are bad people, I swear, lol
Lol, sure they are. That's the premise of their religion...
Romans 3:23-24 (NIV) said:
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
But why lemon juice? :eek:

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me that people in the 21st century still believe in demons...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Education. College (and proper highschools, but those are nearly non-existent in the US, at least in NYC) makes such a huge difference on your outlook on both the world and life in general.

If these people had taken a psychology class -- nevermind, they would have sat there thinking that everything the professor is saying is a lie and the 2-millennia old fiction book knows all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.