Weird 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Scientists have created more than 150 human-animal hybrid embryos in British laboratories.

The hybrids have been produced secretively over the past three years by researchers looking into possible cures for a wide range of diseases.

The revelation comes just a day after a committee of scientists warned of a nightmare ‘Planet of the Apes’ scenario in which work on human-animal creations goes too far.

Last night a campaigner against the excesses of medical research said he was disgusted that scientists were ‘dabbling in the grotesque’.

Last edited:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Reminds me of the movie splice. Nonetheless i support this in the fact that if there is a chance to find some sort of cure for a disease then that is good enough for me.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Apart from it being kept secret, I don't see what's so wrong about it...

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
This is pretty awesome. I don't exactly know where i stand in the moral debate --> How human is human and is this 'cruelty' etc, but i think it should probably be allowed. It is one of the coolest and possibly most humane ways to cure these diseases. The alternative is working on 100% humans so i think it should probably be allowed... As long as these hybrids can't be more intelligent than us :p

Edit: Just read we can't let them survive more than two weeks :O

Does anyone else think it is likely that some awesome scientist has broken these rules and has hybrids/chimaera/etc living in his basement?

Totally nuts stuff though... Didn't even know we were this capable...

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I just read the article once. So to get this right, they inject human stem cells into animal eggs?

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
I just read the article once. So to get this right, they inject human stem cells into animal eggs?

that's one type, they also can mix the genes themselves etc. I recon i might try this at home and see how it works... Got to get my fetus on.

I just cannot wait till these hits supermarket shelves...

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Um, no. At leas not according to the article. I don't really think we are able to inject a full cell into another cell and expect anything interesting to happen yet.

This legalised the creation of a variety of hybrids, including an animal egg fertilised by a human sperm; ‘cybrids’, in which a human nucleus is implanted into an a
animal cell; and ‘chimeras’, in which human cells are mixed with animal embryos.
So:
Animal egg + Human sperm
Animal cell + Human cell nucleus
Human cells + Animal embryo

Also, when it says that they have to destroy them after two weeks they mean the embryos. Not actually living animals. I don't think the embryos would be able to develop normally (whatever that is) anyway which is probably also part of the reason behind the 14 day rule.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I support this and hope this is morally offensible to christians.

Suddenly, A human peacock sounds like a descended Angle :D

But I wanna see the anatomy of Snake humans. OR the awesomeness of humans with snake texture with reptile eyes and fangs :)

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
that would be pretty damn awesome... except for the snake human...

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
not sure i understand the wording of your question, but what i will say is this

I am offended, deeply offended, that Christians attempt to roadblock
scientific discovery, especially in stem cell research at the expense of others.
Research such as this can save thousands of lives, and for some, research like this is thier only hope.

Now, I have no problem with people being christian, or any other religion for that matter,
although I do believe that the tenants of religion is rediculous, and decremental to the advancement
of society.

They can feel free to share thier beliefs with others, that is freedom of speech, but when these zealots stand in the way of the pursuit of
happiness for other human beings, simply from a religious standpoint, in my opinion, is an attack on society itsself.
And what is even more troubling, is when they attempt to legislate thier beliefs.
This is not true of all believers, but certainly a majority of them.

I do not support all things morally offensible to all religions, I do admit though, I enjoy offending christians
when opportunity provides, simply becasue A. My previous arguments. and B. I enjoy offending those who offend me.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
However, he called for stricter controls on another type of embryo research, in which animal embryos are implanted with a small amount of human genetic material.
Human-animal hybrids are also created in other countries, many of which have little or no regulation.
:thdown:

This type of Sciences is pure truly sickening and twisted. It's completely unacceptable. Seriously, mix human genes into Animals and it will result in the curing of diseases. eh?
I don't buy this bullshit excuses!

any other religion for that matter
Just curious. what have this "crap got to do with religion?

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
:thdown:

This type of Sciences is pure truly sickening and twisted. It's completely unacceptable. Seriously, mix human genes into Animals and it will result in the curing of diseases. eh?
I don't buy this bullshit excuses!

Just curious. what have this "crap got to do with religion?

I come to this place just to read your comments in the news. You crack me up, buddy.

"I don't buy this bullshit" - That's just gold. Sort of like the "Fuckin, magnets, how do they work? And don't tell me to talk to a scientist, those mothafuckas be lying!". Firecat, you could become the new Insane Clown Posse! Also, how exactly are these excuses? What are they trying to excuse? You think they're doing this for fun? I'm assuming they're doing this because lots of animals have natural resistances to diseases that are deadly to humans. Did you even go to school? If so, was it a school that had only "ethics" classes, and no science?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Also, how exactly are these excuses? What are they trying to excuse? You think they're doing this for fun?
I'm sure “Mad” Scientist, think it's fun to see the result of theirs bizarre scientific experiments. Otherwise they would never do such a thing! Hmm, and a cure for diseases. Yeah right. That's not only they want to do.
[del]They destroy embryos after two weeks? So, scientists would NEVER Ever? keep a embryo more than that. Bullshit[/del]
Seriously, and what kind of diseases and super whatever could they create by mixing human/animal things together. eh? And scientists think that Just because they CAN do something, they should go ahead and do it?

And what about hybrid cows/goats greatures that produce similar milk that a human mother would create? Oh, a “Mad” Scientist idea ones again!

So, tell me If an animal has body parts/cell of a human. should not the animal have Human rights?

And think about this. What will you do when a creatures that are a half human start running around? Or a creatures that are part human start getting into our food supply? Would that disturb you? hmm
Just Imagine, eating a ice cream that is part human make you feel uncomfortable? Well, you should know by now. "A mad scientist does, mess with everything."

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Mad scientists? I want whatever you're smoking.

This is not a science fiction novel we're living in, you know.

And how exactly are they're going to create diseases, by mixing species?

The theory of gravity was bizarre at some point.

So was relativity.

And the earth being NOT the center of the Universe

"think it's fun to see the result of theirs bizarre scientific experiments. Otherwise they would never do such a thing!" - this is just plain effin stupid. I already told you why they do it. You think it's actually FUN for people who have families, kids, social lives, to sit in a secret lab for years and years and do experiments? Some researches/experiments take tens of years and yield no results. They're not doing this for fun. Seriously, stop being a moron. Everytime I point out that you're an idiot I get a bucket load of +rep from everyone, because everyone thinks the same :rolleyes: Did you ever notice that all your posts are "Omg this is wrong, how can they do this??". Do you actually read the article and/or give thought to this. By thought, I mean rational logical thought.

Or perhaps you're a troll, if so - Good job. If not, then just wow...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.