Health 1st swine flu-related deaths reported in Ottawa

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Two people who were being treated for swine flu at Ottawa hospitals have died, city officials said Tuesday.

The deaths are the first related to the swine flu virus reported in the Ottawa area. The current strain of H1N1 influenza A virus has been circulating in several countries since it first appeared in Mexico in April.

Only one of the Ottawa deaths has been confirmed as being directly caused by swine flu. A male teenager who had an underlying health condition is confirmed to have died of swine flu at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario.

The second person who died, a 52-year-old woman, is not from Ottawa but resides in eastern Ontario.

CBC Canada: Ottawa Swine Flu Deaths

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's awfully close to home.

There was a news segment about this on CBC as well that had some details about the Flu mutating so that it attacks systems more violently. I don't think any recent news have been released yet about it in response to the 4 deaths in Eastern Ontario, but I expect some soon.

I'd recommend reading the comments on the news page, most of the people have something of interest to say and the links they provide do give a closer insight on the issue.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
The boy had "underlying conditions", I doubt the swine flu could kill a healthy teenager, but I don't want to Jynx it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.