WIP 2 Player Co-Op Hunting Simulation

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Hunting Simulation
2 player co-op

Introduction

The plane taking you and a friend over the wilderness, to the nearest city, has crashed. The impact killed everyone on board, and completely wrecked the plane. Only you and your friend survived, and now must make your way across the great planes to find civilisation. Alone, tired and hungry, you must work together to survive this harsh land. With your belly rumbling, you must search for food to keep your hunger at bay but with predators stalking the night, you'll have to move fast to construct a temporary shelter. Can you survive long enough to be rescued?

About

This map is a hunting simulation, in which you and a friend must try to survive in the wilderness (You can play singleplayer). Below are things that have been included/planned so far. This list is Not complete and there will be so much more added!

Hero Abilities

Note: The hero himself/herself is weak. Very weak. You will be able to create weapons for extra damage, but its meant to be realistic. Get in a fist fight with a lion and see what happens ;)

Simple Abilities

These don't require learning, but can be upgraded.

Cook: Cook 'uncooked meat' which will turn it into either 'cooked meat' or 'burnt meat'. Initially, has a 70% chance of burning.
Collect Lumber: Collects a small amount of lumber per tree you are near. Costs a lot of energy, so be near a few trees before casting. Can collect from dead trees (tree stumps) but will result in a smaller amount of lumber
Sprint: Increased movement speed, but costs a lot of energy.
Construction: (W.I.P) Opens up a construction menu, in which you can use Metal and Lumber to construct items such as Fireplaces, Traps and torches.

Hero Abilities

Scavenge: Allows the Survivor to scavenge. Has 3 levels, each level grants the user an additional find when scavenging.
Cooking Skills: Increases the chance of getting 'cooked meat' when cooking. Level 3 = 90% chance of success.
Increased Sprint: (W.I.P) Reduces the energy cost of sprint, and increases the movement speed.
Taming: (W.I.P) Allows you to tame a creature. This creature will gain in power depending on your Taming ability.
Increase Stats: (W.I.P Increases your health/Energy maximum.
Mining: Allows you to mine from Ore Veins, making Metal easier to collect. The higher the level, the more you collect from the Vein. The amount you get is random however. Ore Veins themselves regain their Ore randomly, so you'll have to keep moving. You cannot farm one Vein as it may take 20-30 minutes for the Ore to respawn, or it may take 10-20 seconds.

More may be incoming...

Completed so far:
  • Hunger System, in which you start loosing health if your hunger reaches 0
  • Salvage: An ability that allows you to salvage Salvageable Items, which will result in a collection of random items depending on your skill (3 levels)
  • Survivors: The hero you will play as. Contains a number of basic skills which can be upgraded when you level up.
  • Cooking: A cooking ability, in which you must have Uncooked meat and a fireplace. Cooking the meat will most likely result in it being burnt (70% chance) unless you upgrade your cooking skill. At the top level (3) you'll have a 90% chance to successfully cook the meat.
  • Harvesting lumber: Stand near trees and use this ability to harvest a small amount of lumber. Does not damage the tree and you'll gain more lumber depending on the amount of trees nearby. Costs a lot of energy to use.
  • Traps: Prey only appears during the night, and its too dangerous to be wandering around. You can place down an unlimited amount of traps which will catch prey that wander nearby it. Be careful though, they can be destroyed by predators if discovered by them so they are not that effective unless you place a lot.
  • Items that you place, such as Fireplaces and Torches, have a time limit on them. Their health will slowly decrease, simulating their fuel being used up, until they are destroyed. Torches are a MUST for night time, since the survivors visibility during the night is VERY low.
  • Prey will only appear near Burrows, and will not spawn when Players are nearby. Some Burrows may be inactive (no prey) whilst others are active. The player will not know the difference!
  • Mining for Materials. The Ore Veins themselves respawn randomly.
  • Crafting System has been put in place
  • Mining Ability and the Craft ability has been added.
  • New Items have been added.
Planned:
  • Dynamic Predator/Prey AI
  • Injury Debuffs, in which your movement is slowed if you are badly hurt.
  • Weapons and bows
  • The ability to swap sets. You can become an Archer with a bow, a normal survivor or equip yourself with armour.
  • Adding craft-able rafts
  • Taming ability
  • Create new hero abilities
  • If you have any ideas, please let me know

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty fun game. :)

Is there going to be a way to win or is it to survive as long as possible? Also, what kind of camera will it have? (1st, 3rd person rpg, bird's eye, etc.)

Sounds nice overall though, I look forward to seeing the previews and stuff.

duderock101

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty fun game. :)

Is there going to be a way to win or is it to survive as long as possible? Also, what kind of camera will it have? (1st, 3rd person rpg, bird's eye, etc.)

Sounds nice overall though, I look forward to seeing the previews and stuff.

The camera... wow i didn't think of that. It's most likely going to be RPG, but i might have an option to force it to 3rd person for extra difficulty. All your objects, apart from torches and fires, have 0 view distance so its pretty much like 3rd person anyway.

Also you can win. The objective will be to make your way back to civilisation, but i don't know how i'll implement that yet :)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
If civilisation is found in the same place every game, that would make it kinda pointless :/

duderock101

Reaction score
If civilisation is found in the same place every game, that would make it kinda pointless :/

True, but it won't be :). I'm going to cleverly divide the map into sections, in which you can travel freely but you still have to meet requirements before you can get there. For example: Build a raft to cross a river to get to the other side. After all these regions have been crossed will civilisation spawn randomly in the map ;) You'll then have to find it.

EDIT: Also updated main post to include new planned features and the current abilities list for our surviviors.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
How will you have the civilization, because if you create it spawning anywhere in the map, then it will create the buildings at many locations. I got a cool idea for making buildings, look at Goblin Exploration Squad (GES).

You have say 3 Iron Ingots and 3 Timber you use build on the 6 items and it creates a Iron Sword or something.

Offtopic:
I have to ask this, you play MineCraft?

duderock101

Reaction score
How will you have the civilization, because if you create it spawning anywhere in the map, then it will create the buildings at many locations. I got a cool idea for making buildings, look at Goblin Exploration Squad (GES).

You have say 3 Iron Ingots and 3 Timber you use build on the 6 items and it creates a Iron Sword or something.

Offtopic:
I have to ask this, you play MineCraft?

The civilization will be a rescue craft to... rescue... you? And the only materials are Metal (Gold) and Lumber (Lumber). Metals the hardest to get, and is limited by mining and scavenging. Lumber is easy to get, but time consuming and hard on ya energy.

And yes, i do play Minecraft ^.^

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Well, that would be awesome and can't wait to see it out.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hmmm, really good idea, totally worth of the time playing it , now we just have to see if its gonna be challenging enough ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.