2 Questions - Fatal error at the end and Gold mine ability for two different workers

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got two issues im really "struggling" to find the answer of...(even tho im sure I will find it sooner or later, with or without your help;))
Here we go:
1: I get a fatal error at the end of a game (in my map), the button "victory/defeat" shows, you click it, it then shows game score, the score of, ye most things.... Then when you click "OK" to enter a chat menu, assuming you play on b.net,then when you click "OK" it gives Fatal Error... What can cause this error? I mean, the game has ended? It shows the score etc? And yes i've read through my triggers at the end...And haven't find anything wrong/strange...
(I'll start as I "speak" to read all triggers...)
Well, anyone got this fatal error before? what were wrong?

(off topic; while turning on a cinematic mode for some few players, do not use FOR EACH INTEGER A -.... It causes fatal error :D)

2: The gold mine ability, for human and orcs... Is just the same, well, I have two different units that can gain gold, well, peon1 should only fit in the Goldmine1 the peon2 should fit in Goldmine2...And if peon1 moves to Goldmine2, it should not enter! Well, any ideas? And yes, I want the human/orc goldmine ability, not NE nor UD's gold mine ability (I have tried to change "targets allowed" in both abilities (since i copy /pasted the gold mine ability, same with the "gather gold/mining gold whatever it is named, and did not work;))

Cheerio, +rep if you can solve it, before me!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
(off topic; while turning on a cinematic mode for some few players, do not use FOR EACH INTEGER A -.... It causes fatal error ):D

wow a question built in with a hint, thanks!

i didnt find the problem on this, does this error occurs only on b.net? or in single player or in local network?

ManyTimes

Reaction score
wow a question built in with a hint, thanks!
No problem...

didnt find the problem on this, does this error occurs only on b.net? or in single player or in local network?
Actually, I dont remember:p ill edit the post when i got an answer on that one;) ..
At least it happens in multiplayer game, but that might be, because of the gamelength, it lasts... a lot longer than single player, oh, i think it has happend once or twice in single player also, just when I tested it all alone...hmm..
But with multiplayer, on b.net, it happends everytime, thats 110% sure!
Cheerio

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
You could do THIS for problem #2.

Make 2 different Gold Mines.
Name one something and name one somethnig else so you dont get confused

Now. Do this...

Code:
         Event - A unit comes within 300 yards of GoldmineORC
         Condition - [Triggering Unit] equal to [HumanWorker]
         Action - Game - Display to [All Players] the text: Human Workers cannot enter Orcish Mines.
                  Unit - Move [Triggering Unit] to [Region 001]

Region 001 can be like 500 yrds away from the Mine.

Then for the ORCS...

Code:
         Event - A unit comes within 300 yards of GoldmineHUMAN
         Condition - [Triggering Unit] equal to [OrcWorker]
         Action - Game - Display to [All Players] the text: Orcish Workers cannot enter Human Mines.
                  Unit - Move [Triggering Unit] to [Region 002]

Region is the same thing.

Solved (i hope.)

ManyTimes

Reaction score
I know I could done something like that, but I wont...it just isnt the same as the other thing...I just want peon1 can enter goldmine1 and peon2 can only enter goldmine2...not vise versa without a stupid trigger that moves them strangly backwards when they get too close to it, just using targets allowed etc...buut, guess i have to give up on that one...Just wanted to know if anyone knew how to ye, do it without triggers (using targets allowed etc);)
Cheerio:shades:

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Kind of old topic I know, but since I found this topic while searching the forum for another problem I had I thought I might as well answer it.

Here's a trigger I used to make each race have their own gold mine.

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
Conditions
    Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        Conditions
            (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Gold Mine (human)
            (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Gold Mine (orc)
            (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Gold Mine (undead)
            (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Gold Mine (night elf)
Actions
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            (Issued order) Not equal to (Order(attack))
        Then - Actions
            If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                If - Conditions
                    ((Owner of (Target unit of issued order)) controller) Not equal to ((Owner of (Ordered unit)) controller)
                Then - Actions
                    Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Move To (Position of (Target unit of issued order))
                Else - Actions
        Else - Actions

I put generic names for the gold mines to make it clearer.

The trigger will make your units change their orders to move if they try to harvest from a mine you don't own.

You can also make every race have the same gold mine building as long as it is buildable and owned by a player

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.