2 questions (locust, colision)

mapguy

Reaction score
Is there any ability or triggers that allows my units on starcraft to behave like LOCUST units on warcraft3?

locust = no health bar, no collions, unclickable, untochable, invulnerable, unselectable.
--------------
second: how can I turn off the collision for a unit?
------------
If SC2 editor can't do these things Im not going to use it, since WC3 can do both of the things listed above.

Severon

Reaction score
Well, idk about no health bar, but no collision is discussed in an active thread and just got solved. untouchable isn't that invulnerable and unselectable(if you can select them and they are invulnerable then I presume they are untouchable) or do you mean uncommandable, in which case all three of these are possible in unit --> unit just look for the check boxes

edit: You can even make them untargetable(this might be what you mean with untouchable), but in the case of being invulnerable I don't think thats an issue if you have them unselectable and can turn off health bars

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Locust:
Open your data editor and find your unit.
Go to the unit tab (or prefix) and find:
"Unit - Flags"

Over there you can set "cannot be clicked" etc.

For the HP bar, you'll have to actor linked to your unit. Then you go to the UI tab (or prefix). Over there you can set the size of the bar. Try changing the height to infinite high and size to the minimum possible. I don't know a different way atm. (Maybe a unit-flag can do the job?).

Collision:
Few questions... What exactly is your unit supposed to do without collision? Not colliding with units/buildings/terrain/doodad permanently? Or temporary?

EDIT:
About the bar, go to your actor and find "UI - Status bar Flags" and untick about everything. I'm sure you understand.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Well, you can modify a unit to have Locust-like properties (alternatively, base the unit on a Missile 'base' which will default it to have Locust-like properties).

Here's a picture of some of the available properties, that particular unit (based on the Invulnerable Missile 'type') also has the Missile, Mover, No Death Event, No Score, No Tooltip, Show Resources, Uncommandable, Unselectable and Untargetable properties associated with it - the last 3 sound like Locust in a nutshell :p

As regards No Collision, I'm not really sure - there's a whole bunch of properties available with fairly nondescript names (I mean what does the Missile property do? Does it allow identification of the unit as a missile, or...?) so it'd be a matter of testing things out.

Attachments

• Data Editor.png
    Data Editor.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 282

Severon

Reaction score
You forgot invulnerable:p though if it can't be targetted... just thought I'd meantion it

mapguy

Reaction score
In WC3 I just add an ability.

For starcraft I have to add a bunch of things to it...LOL!

The missile is invulnerable?
The missile is controlable via triggers? example: can I issue an order to a missile?

-hey, the starcraft has only 6 mounths of use or this is just in my country?

Severon

Reaction score
checking 4 flags is as many clicks as adding an ability in wc3, biggest problem atm is finding things, but that will change once you get use to the editor.

as for 6 months of use. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you have to pay to play every 6 months. Cause I bought the game at a one time fee and I don't think I'll ever have to pay again.(except for this premium map stuff I keep hearing about)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
In WC3 I just add an ability.

For starcraft I have to add a bunch of things to it...LOL!
Depending on how you create the unit, it will come with a set of generic properties pre-defined, depending on what Base you choose, and possibly Object Type (I'm not really sure which one does what exactly, but I expect the both have some use - possibly for organisational purposes within the Data Editor)

... although, after that, actually assembling a functional unit, that's the hard bit :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.