2 Questions

poepreet

Reaction score
Hi, I'm now working on a WC map. There are 2 things that I simply cannot find the solution to with a google search.

1. How to change the text in the bar on the loading screen (it normally says: L O A D I N G),

2. How to enable a visual change in a day night cycle? Currently, the day/night cycle in my map works well (vision changes at night etc). Only, the terrain and objects stay well lit as if it were noon. I'd like to have everything turn darker during the night.

Many thanks!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know the solution for this?
It doesnt seem so.

I dont know of any official way to change the loading screen text on the loading bar. There might be dirty hacks, but I dont know of any and your chances are slim of anybody on these forums knowing about it. Maybe try it at one of the more hard-core WC3 fan sites.

For the day-night-cycle: I know that the lightning models can be changed somehow. I have seen a map where this was done. But I do not remember how it was achieved. If I had to guess I would say importing a model with the same name as the lightning model, but it has been too long for me to remember any details. Again, try with a forum dedicated to wc3 mapping. Perhaps TheHiveWorkshop if that site is still up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.