2 Simple Questions for Cinematics

Giantpanda

Reaction score
Okay so I'm making a cinematic, and I have 2 questions.

1 - How do I move text around the screen without using floating text?

2 - How do I make it so that a model in on a different angle? e.g. I am trying to make a peasant model look like it is lying down.

Thanks in advance. I'll give rep if you can answer ;)

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
1 - How do I move text around the screen without using floating text?

Use lots of spacing in the game message, no other way around it, as far as I know.

2 - How do I make it so that a model in on a different angle? e.g. I am trying to make a peasant model look like it is lying down.

I'm pretty sure this can only be done for doodads, by changing the maximum pitch angle to -1.56 (Change model of doodad to peasant, change pitch angle to -1.56) Btw, if you can't change it to -1.56 hold shift and click on the maximum pitch box, then you can enter a negative.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
#2 can be done with units, but quite tricky...
Edit in unit editor:
Art - Maximum Roll Angle (degrees) to -90
Give the unit a minimum movespeed, so it can turn.
When you need it laid down, order it to move to I don't know where, wait 0.1 second, then pause it.

Giantpanda

Reaction score
Use lots of spacing in the game message, no other way around it, as far as I know.

I'm pretty sure this can only be done for doodads, by changing the maximum pitch angle to -1.56 (Change model of doodad to peasant, change pitch angle to -1.56) Btw, if you can't change it to -1.56 hold shift and click on the maximum pitch box, then you can enter a negative.

For a doodad, what if i want it to be facing with its head up to the sky?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.