(2011) Captain America

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I didn't start a thread for this already? That's a surprise.

2j3jg93.jpg

Trailer 2:
[video=youtube;ZCTv6i3589A]ZCTv6i3589A[/video]
Trailer 1:
[video=youtube;JerVrbLldXw]JerVrbLldXw[/video]
Super Bowl Spot:
[YOUTUBE]jX-dpQAginE[/YOUTUBE]

After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending America's ideals.

Director:
Joe Johnston
Writers:
Christopher Markus (screenplay), Stephen McFeely (screenplay), and 2 more credits »
Stars:
Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving and Tommy Lee Jones​

The first official trailer released. Is awesome.

Is excite! Howard Stark is there, :O

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Captain America and Thor are both my favorite Marvel characters, aside from Spiderman who has been more than ruined by cinema. Watching these trailers is a new type of full body orgasm.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Captain America and Thor are both my favorite Marvel characters, aside from Spiderman who has been more than ruined by cinema. Watching these trailers is a new type of full body orgasm.

This. all of it.
also, the part where they have starky in it made me have a happy. its all coming together!
we
--we
----we
------so excited

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Please remove your last four lines Jedimindtrixxx.
Thank you.

lol, yah. Can't wait for the Avengers.

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Yay, Manchester does a good job at appearing just like NY 70 years ago!:rolleyes:

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Captain America has always been one of my favorite super heroes, mainly because he represent what America once was and what it used to stand for. The writers of the comic have always done a good job at representing this and the movie seems to capture the era and the character very well. I'm rather excited to see this and I don't believe I'll be disappointed.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
I just noticed that they're doing the movie as a recap, There's a new trailer out now that shows a frozen Captain. This can only end well, considering the actual storyline does begin in 1940, after the war though Captain America was frozen in the sea and re-emerged in a new America, can't remember the exact year though. I'm defiantly gonna see this, first night fo' sho'.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
AMERICA!

[8/10]

Fun movie, starts out well but sort of loses its steam after the first half.
The film has a fairly simple plot, with what you'd expect from a movie on America. So it fits well with the whole recruitment theme of that era.
Acting by everyone was great, I think Chris Evans makes a fine Captain America. Hugo Weaving, as the Red Skull, is awesome as always, and supporting roles such with Tommy Lee Jones, Peggy Carter, Sebastian Stan, and Dominic Cooper add in nicely. Although the actors played their parts well, the characters themselves fell short in my opinion. Except for Rogers/Captain and Peggy Carter and their relationship, not much development is put into the rest of the characters and how they relate, or at least compared to how the original stories made them out to be. (though it still is fun seeing Howard Stark).
The cinematography and effects were fine. Nothing too amazing, but it wasn't bad at all, and it gave for some thrilling action scenes.
Everything seemed to be going great the first half of the movie. Steve Roger's transition into Captain America was developed and interesting, and the pace was perfect I think. After that, however, I feel it just lost some of its direction, and became a montage of action scenes (which isn't bad or boring, but it doesn't serve the plot at all), resulting in a pretty fast, last ending scenes.
That aside though, if you enjoy action, adventure, or the Avengers, definitely see Captain America. It's fun and stylish (fits the WWII era well) for the most part, and has a nice bonus at the end for Avengers.

beacher

Reaction score
Captain America,I have seen it ,it is wonderful! I am going to see the <The Adventures of Tintin >

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.