(2012) The Amazing Spider-Man

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
THE AMAZING
SPIDER-MAN

Teaser Trailer:

Teaser trailer a year before its release, that's early, ha. Well, I mean it's not like a teaser... it's a 2:31 long trailer.

Anyway, it looks good I guess. Not sure how the whole video game fps part's gonna go with audiences, ha. Seems cool to me.
From the trailer, it seems very... familiar. Or like a lot of other shows/movies these days with a young man, troubled past/family, etc.
The other Spider-man's didn't focus too much on that. But we'll see how it goes.

Discuss thoughts!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Looks interesting to say the least, If I had no prior knowledge of a spider-man movie in the making I wouldn't know what this trailer was for until about a minute in ;P

I'm glad they decided to ret-con the old movies, the "FPS" mode looks pretty cool, I doubt they'll do it for more then that scene though. Marvel has their movies down, so I have no doubt this will e up there with Iron Man, Thor, Incredible Hulk, etc.

I'm also interested at the possibilities of having marvel studios behind this. At one point Spiderman was part of the Avengers (who wasn't?) so it'd be interesting if he were tied into a later Avenger movie.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think it's silly to start a new series of Spiderman movies when we just had a great trilogy of them. Make a 4th damn movie. I don't like this new kid and it seems like they're twisting a lot of the classic Spiderman facts to add drama to the back story of Spiderman...

I know it's not going to always follow any specific plot, but they're just reaching, making his parents have some kind of "mission" or it looks like MJ works at Oscorp? o_O WTP?!

Bartuc08

Reaction score
The 1st Spiderman was awesome, the second two were utter garbage. I will agree this trailer throws me off a bit, and I don't know too much about Spider-man, but I think Marvel's doing a good thing remaking the series. The way the last two were was horrible, and before MJ there was another girl who was brutally murdered, who happened to be a blonde. I'd say wait and see, I guarantee you'll enjoy this one way over the old ones.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Gwen Stacey was the blonde, and she was actually not Parker's first girl. MJ was always his first real "girl" but I don't know if he actually DATED her first or Stacey. That part I'm not sure about.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Gwen Stacey was the blonde, and she was actually not Parker's first girl. MJ was always his first real "girl" but I don't know if he actually DATED her first or Stacey. That part I'm not sure about.

Like I said, not to knowledgeable on Spider Man, I knew there was a blonde in the mix somewhere though, haha.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
While I think the FPS part is cool, I have no doubt that it will make people sick when watched in theaters

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed, and liked, was that it looks as if the web shooting is from his mechanical web shooter (which he made in the comics) as opposed to being a power he gained.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;653OdfJXOWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=653OdfJXOWA[/video]

That is all...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
New trailer.

[youtube]xcChMk0aXj4&feature=g-all-u&context=G29722a1FAAAAAAAAEAA[/youtube]

Well, this actually looks more than decent. Looks like this could surpass Tobey, and I'm liking the new style. My only thoughts on the trailer so far are that I think it revealed too much, and that Spider Man is so small, ha.

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
When I first heard about the Spider-man reboot I wasn't too keen on what I was hearing and seeing. It didn't seem very appealing and I thought it would be a rubbish reboot, based on my speculation of the teaser. However I'm quite stoked about this and I'm looking forward to this as much as I am The Avengers.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Movies are the new comic books. We're "rebooting" series that just finished this decade...

Awesome.

/sarcasm.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
This is a pretty cool example of post-production at work. I mean, when people complain about effects or visuals in the trailers, sometimes they haven't finished editing yet, which is why I don't like judging the visuals before the actual release.

Notice the end scene in the first trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xcChMk0aXj4 2:16 - 2:25
Compared to the new trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CozwhAl31BQ 2:16 - 2:26

It doesn't look half-bad, the style's very different, colors are really vibrant. But either way this goes, I just wish Sony would hand over the rights to Spider-man so that Spider-man can be included into the movieverse of Marvel and the Avengers, :)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
New 4 Minute exclusive super preview!

It's looking better each time, closer to the comics. I feel like they're trying too hard to have the whole Dark Knight darker feel to it, but we'll have to see how it goes.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Pretty amazing. (because it's called the Amazing Spider-Man)
[8/10]
Definitely an enjoyable film. It had its flaws here and there, but for a reboot, it succeeded quite well in my opinion.
It's very different than the previous three Raimi Spider-Man's, which is why I think this is the best one of them all. The other three, (mostly the second and first one) I enjoyed, but this one takes Spider-man more seriously. First off, the story and plot deals more with (or at least hints that it does) Peter's origins like with the comics. So you get something that is more intense I suppose, unlike the other ones which have more of a simple plot. However, a lot of the questions are left unanswered in the film, so you don't really know why everything goes on.
The same is with the characters. Without spoiling anything, there are some flaws with some of the characters as they sometimes make decisions without a real, visible and believable motive. Both this and the unanswered questions with story, I believe, they are saving for a sequel.
Problems aside, the characters are where this movie shines. Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, played by Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone respectively, work really well together and make their characters so likeable. Peter in this one is funny and charming, as he should be in the comics and cartoons. The first Spider-Man had that, before Tobey got a bit too emotional. And Gwen, straying away from the typical damsel-in-distress like Mary Jane, is actually very intelligent and knows how to fend for herself, which is pretty satisfying to watch. The other supporting actors played their parts well, though Uncle Ben and Aunt May are great in both the old and new ones.
All in all, the Amazing Spider-Man succeeds in its reboot, and is a very enjoyable film to watch. The sequel has a lot of explaining to do, as there are quite some flaws in this movie throughout, but the actors and their portrayed characters really lift this film up. I highly recommend this.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
I really hate those kind of replies...
I agree with vine, it had flaws, but it was still a good movie. I hate the people that say the original 3 were better because the new one copied it. It;s an origin story, of course there will be similarities

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Was there any scene after the ending credit of this movie? I just managed to watch the pre ending credit scene.

Don't really like the new installment as much. I feel it's just a lil plain. Something is missing somewhere. But I can't tell what is it. The source of the spider web was not well elaborated in my opinion. It's like it just appear suddenly... Martin Sheen was awesome as Peter's uncle though. :)

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
What do you mean the source of the web wasn't elaborated? It had a part where it said a company designed an incredibly strong thread that you can pack hundreds of metres into a small pill capsule sized space. And Peter designed the delivery method (The wrist shooter thing)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.