hey guys i would like to request some easy 2d models like on this picture:

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/images/71648-24.jpg

Models I need:
Fire Powerup
Bomb Powerup
Extra Life Powerup (Heart)
Speed Powerup (Rollerskates)
Random Powerup (Skull)
Bomb Kicking Powerup (kicking shoe thingy)

i dont know if it takes much or less time to model those easy models or if its possible but hey give it a shot

thx
Edit/Delete Message

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
The link is a 404. And what is a 2D model. Models are 3D. A 2D "model" would be a texture or sprite.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
sry fixed the link :> yeah thats true but i need some powerup models 4 my bomberman map and the bomberman powerups are 2d because bomberman graphic is 2d xD in my map you play in birds eye perspective from far away so anyway block or flat you will only see the top... i just need something like on the picture and i think its easy to do for an experienced modeler :D

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
So you could just make a plane that always faces the use, like the witchdoctor's balls, and make a texture with an alpha layer making the form of the sprite. I dont have the programs to do this, and it might be a problem with it facing upright, but thats how you would do it for anybody who has the proper tools.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
i was previously using the link heart for extra life and some other models for the other powerups but thats when i realized that those models suck in my map because of the perspektive... i really need those "2d models" otherwise I wouldnt request them.

And the bomb powerup you suggested is already my bomb xD

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
i was previously using the link heart for extra life and some other models for the other powerups but thats when i realized that those models suck in my map because of the perspektive... i really need those "2d models" otherwise I wouldnt request them.

And the bomb powerup you suggested is already my bomb xD
Couldn't you just flip it over so it was facing upwards, or where ever you want it to face, so it looks better?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
ofcourse i could but like i said it just doesnt look goot - and using the same bomb model etc sucks 2 + it would be an awesome retro/bomberman feature with those powerup models. I just thought someone could make them in an eyeblink but seems that I was wrong... but iam still hoping :D

Reaction score
Can't you just use the images? You can place those on the ground, and create a region over them and detect when a buumberman steps on it.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Off-topic.

So you could just make a plane that always faces the use, like the witchdoctor's balls, and make a texture with an alpha layer making the form of the sprite. I dont have the programs to do this, and it might be a problem with it facing upright, but thats how you would do it for anybody who has the proper tools.

ROFL :D.

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
Let me try to make them for you. :)
-I will make them as boxes, with an image on.

I edit this post as soon as it is done.

Edit: Hmm I seem to have some skin problems...
-I try to fix it. :S

Edit2: In the meantime you can take a look at a bomb I made, I think that it is better than the one you currently use...
1212351753_4LPiTXdI.jpg

(It has no death animation, so you may want to add it with triggers. My deathtrigger example, below, looks pretty good ingame) :p
-btw the bomb texture is white, so I used a tinting color of 25 at my dummy...

Code:
Blow Bomb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Bomb
    Actions
        Set BlowLoc = (Position of (Dying unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at BlowLoc using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Remove (Dying unit) from the game
        Custom Script - call RemoveLocation (udg_BlowLoc)

Edit3: I solved my skin/texture problem and made some of the boxes.

Import: Import Bombbox.mdx, Heartbox.mdx, Firebox.mdx and Bombrandombox.mdx into your map and remove the "war3mapImported\", then import the Assassin.blp into your map, (It overrides the Assassin texture, since I don't think you will use it in a bomberman map) and change its path to: "Units\Creeps\Assassin\Assassin.blp" (without the quotes) :p

Attachments

• Bomb.mdx
    37 KB · Views: 327
  • white.blp
    1.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Bombbox.mdx
    2.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Heartbox.mdx
    2.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Assassin.blp
    61.8 KB · Views: 281
  • Bombrandombox.mdx
    2.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Firebox.mdx
    2.7 KB · Views: 280

jnZ

I
Reaction score
would be awesome OneBadPsycho, i dont know much about this forum but i will +rep you or whatever you want.

*EDIT* if you make them try making them 128x128 (so they'll suit the medium 128x128 grid)

thanks in advance

jnZ

I
Reaction score
thanks for the bomb model, it really looks much better ingame. thanks

EDIT: iam really sorry to ask you that but could you make another bomb "2d model" for a random bomb powerup? could be the same as the normal bomb powerup with a question mark. would be awesome... thanks anyway

jnZ

I
Reaction score
thanks OneBadPsycho, the models are exactly what I need :> just missing the random powrup (skull), speed powerup (rollerskates) and the kicking powerup (kicking shoe or something),,, but take your time and thanks in advance. +rep

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
Hmm, I done the rollerskates and the skull, I can't find a kicking picture which I can use, so I guess you could find one I should use?

Import: Import the models as the others and the blp, and change its path to "Units\Creeps\DireWolf\DireWolf.blp" (Without the quotes)

Attachments

• Skatebox.mdx
    2.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Skullbox.mdx
    2.7 KB · Views: 297
  • DireWolf.blp
    54 KB · Views: 269

jnZ

I
Reaction score
ah it doesnt matter anymore - I'll instert a ability system (bought 4 gold) and the bomb kick ability will be one so i dont need a powerup model for it anymore. thank you 4 the rest of the models. <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.