2in1 - patch 1.5.1 and possible terran buffs

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
First the patch : http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6873704/

Nothing new, just bug fixes, but wait, what do we have in this thread? http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5105750844#1

tl;dr Creep tumor range might be reduced to 8(10 currently) and the raven might get movement speed buff. Personally I think both are called for, although given the queen buff and how the methagame rolled thanks to it (the fact that 4 queens can defend you vs any pressure, not all in play until you hit 60ish drones) this nerf doesn't do a thing. Most zerg players get 4-5 queens off of 2 bases- they have all the energy in the world to create a ton of creep tumors, but I suppose balance has to start from somewhere.

To those of you unfamiliar with the current balance issues - terran is pretty weak against zerg. With top korean micro, sure, marine tank> ling bling muta but then the infestors come in to play :p.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I always welcome buffs to the raven but i still think a mere movement speed buff will not really do any change. The raven is currently as fast as all the other major terran units, its not like it isnt able to catch up to the rest of the army.

Maybe they think the speed buff will make it more viable as a harrassment unit but i am unsure.
The real problem with the raven is in my opinion its really high cost and the uselessness of most of its abilities in most of the situations.
PDF is cool but it only works against so few actual units in the game that you will hardly ever use it more then once in a game.
The missle cost a ridiculous amount of energy, needs to be researched and is easy to dodge, its easy to understand why we never see it in use ever in a pro match.
The turret is nice but not groundbreaking. I like infested terrans much more.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I wish the turret had easy placement like the IT, so you could set up a fly-by using shift, and have the turrets land in the middle of the drones, not you have to fly over, get vision, and then find placement for the turrets

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
I wish the turret had easy placement like the IT, so you could set up a fly-by using shift, and have the turrets land in the middle of the drones, not you have to fly over, get vision, and then find placement for the turrets

but its a building o.o

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
it's placement doesn't exactly serve much purpose, does it? it's more of a hindrance than anything else..

if they changed the turrets time to that of IT than i wouldnt have a problem with them being placed like IT, then again it is a turret it cant move. But tbh dont terran have enough harassment already...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if they changed the turrets time to that of IT than i wouldnt have a problem with them being placed like IT, then again it is a turret it cant move. But tbh dont terran have enough harassment already...
Its about whether the raven can be used at all. You do not really see it in professional games and i think this is for a reason. Compared to all other units in the arsenal the raven is mostly useless.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.