[2Q's] On Ability leveling and Shared Cooldowns

fiendfyre912

Reaction score
Hi, I have two questions for you guys.
1. I made a custom ability based on Item Life Bonus, the one with the bonus hp. I edited the values, made it a unit ability with two levels, with 0 and 1000 as the bonus life for every level.
I give the ability to a unit via jass and set it to level 1. An event is fired, which is when I call SetUnitAbilityLevel to two. Problem is how come the unit's hp still remains the same? Anyone know what the problem could be?

Second question, is it possible to make spells share cooldowns? For example, two skills, X and Y are hero skills for Hero H. H casts X, making both X and Y go into cooldown. Is it possible?

Thanks in advanced.

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
1nd Im not sure but i personally think using item as ability is not a good idea or maybe ur jass trigger is wrong,you could give hp to unit via triggers.
2nd Maybe using the same ability ID... change it from ability from object editor.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1). Some passive abilities cannot be leveled up. Hitpoint Bonus is one of them.
Its mainly the passive item status bonus abilities but there are some others which as well cannot be leveled, even some active ones.

2). The only way for 2 abilities to share their cooldown is if you put both of them into a spellbook and set the data in the spellbook to make all abilities inside share their cooldown. There is no other way. There also is no way to activate the cooldown on an ability.
Having 2 abilites with the same order strings does not work, it will glitch and make one of the abilities unuseable.

Smitty

Reaction score
For the first problem, use an upgrade instead, and trigger the map to set it to level 2 instead of levelling the ability.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You can make two abilities appear to have the same cooldown by triggering all the effects of the abilities. Then when one ability is cast, turn off the trigger that creates the effects of the other ability, and then order the unit to use the other ability. That way, the cooldown of the second ability will be triggered along with the first, and the effects of only the ability that was clicked are shown.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
2) Make a dummy ability based on Berserk, when ability A is used, add the ability B dummy and use it and vice verse. Use a wait to replace the dummy ability with the real one when cooldown is over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.