Crime 3 Women reported missing for 10 years have been found

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Three longtime missing women, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, have been found alive, apparently kidnapped and held for years as prisoners inside a house on Cleveland's near West Side.

Berry called police Monday afternoon and frantically told a dispatcher that she was alive and free after being kidnapped 10 years ago and held captive in a house on Seymour Avenue.

"We've confirmed it's them," a Cleveland detective said. "They are alive and safe." Police have scheduled a news conference for 9 a.m. today.

Berry, now 27, DeJesus, 23, and Knight, 30, were taken to MetroHealth Medical Center. The FBI and police will interview the women, the detective said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That is pretty epic.
I dont know if they really are that happy about still being alive. Must have been hell.
How are you going to live your life after 10 years being kidnapped and probably abused?
Its not like you can just continue where you left off.
It will probably be a life in constant fear and pain and the nightmares of the past will haunt them forever...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score

The dude who is being interviewed is Epic. This seems to be the trend with Heroes nowadays.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy crap, those poor women. 10 years gone by. But a great happy ending.
Well, let's see what the sentence turns out to be for the scumbag..

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Eh, they'll get a significant amount of counseling, probably the best available. Despite having experienced something far, far more traumatic than most any other person alive from such a young age, they'll likely be able to adapt to the exposure of the rest of the world. Most of these cases do eventually.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The very fact that they were being kept alive by some men for all those years indicates only one possible reason: rape. Probably periodic. 3 Brothers arrested, 3 women kidnapped. I bet they wouldn't even need a lawyer. It's loud and clear.

Varine

Reaction score
The very fact that they were being kept alive by some men for all those years indicates only one possible reason: rape. Probably periodic. 3 Brothers arrested, 3 women kidnapped. I bet they wouldn't even need a lawyer. It's loud and clear.

Nothing is that clear cut.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing is that clear cut.

They found chains and ropes in the house in today's article. I think it's pretty clear. What else could they do, ask to marry them? For real...

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
After 10 years it's probably less like rape and more like life. Pretty fucking sad.

Varine

Reaction score
They found chains and ropes in the house in today's article. I think it's pretty clear. What else could they do, ask to marry them? For real...

It's likely, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. Likely leaves more than a shadow of a doubt. Those chains and ropes may have been planted; you can't say anymore than I can. I'm not saying that I disagree, I would bet most everything that that was their endgame with this, but I've also seen what a joke our legal and enforcement systems are here and know that they lie, cheat, and abuse their powers in such a way that I will never again be surprised to see the police or court do something as horrendous as plant false evidence in cases like this for a conviction. I've never met these people, I don't know what they're like, who they are, and neither do you.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
10 years is a long long time. This is bad but I can't imagine why they'd waited for 10 years to make escape attempts. It's odd.
What makes you think they didn't try before? What makes you think they had the opportunity before, that they were physically capable? And if they could, there's a good chance they feared the repercussions of trying and were just trying to stay alive. There's all manner of reasons why this might not have happened sooner, and none of us can say for sure how we'd react without being in the situation ourselves.

As for the chains and ropes being planted, that seems absurd. They have the testimonials of three eye-witnesses and the neighbor that helped break her out, I don't see why they'd risk the case by planting false evidence. As rampant as the corruption may run, they're not gonna be complete idiots about it.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
What makes you think they didn't try before? What makes you think they had the opportunity before, that they were physically capable? And if they could, there's a good chance they feared the repercussions of trying and were just trying to stay alive. There's all manner of reasons why this might not have happened sooner, and none of us can say for sure how we'd react without being in the situation ourselves.

As for the chains and ropes being planted, that seems absurd. They have the testimonials of three eye-witnesses and the neighbor that helped break her out, I don't see why they'd risk the case by planting false evidence. As rampant as the corruption may run, they're not gonna be complete idiots about it.
Nothing against the victims. I'm glad they're fine. As I said before, this is bad. It's crazy. But what puzzles me is - 10 years? Maybe attempts have been made before or maybe they're afraid, but still, 10 years?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
But what puzzles me is - 10 years? Maybe attempts have been made before or maybe they're afraid, but still, 10 years?
Most likely "this scumbag" told them that. if one escaped the others would die. And they had been bound with chains and ropes. How could they do anything?

Varine

Reaction score
Nothing against the victims. I'm glad they're fine. As I said before, this is bad. It's crazy. But what puzzles me is - 10 years? Maybe attempts have been made before or maybe they're afraid, but still, 10 years?
Alleged victims.

Cheshire, how did they do it this time? What's the difference between now and ten years ago? This is the first time their captors fucked up? What could have possibly changed?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.