300$ Freelance Project

Lyzet

Reaction score
Hi there.

At this moment UndeadDragon on these forums, are doing one of my projects for me, but as it looks right now, he is really busy and has alot of stuff to do, so i dont know wether or not he can finish it, or even start on the other ones.

Basicly i have 3 website requests, and i will pay a 300$ total.

I'm at the moment a part of the staff in a "Heroes of Newerth" training community.
A community that is based on trying to get the harsh learning curve, to smooth out a bit, inviting new players to come and learn in a nice environment.

The first project, is basicly a website for my community. This one probably the one that is the most important one, and the one that requires alot of creativity.
Some flash effects would be nice, some background design related to HoN, colors a bit futuristic, in the dark grey/black colors. Some functions, like a tournament signup border, a elimination border, an advanced flash roster page, and some other neat stuff.

The second project, is basicly just a website for pictures.

Simply put, all it needs to have is a very nice (prefer flash oriented design) gallery with images, and a page to contact the person behind it.

The third project, is a family union website.
A website that works like facebook, on a minor thing.
Basicly, a website where my family have a "login" and can communicate with eachother trough there, with an "instant chat" and a forum maybe, small one, good places to upload pictures, and something small to enhance the overall design would be good.
My family lives across the world, wich is why we want something like this :)

So, first project is for my community, 2nd and 3rd project is for some personal stuff.

300 bucks total will be paid for whoever wants to do this :)

You will get alot more details on the exact work,wishes, and such, when we get in touch.

Contact info:
e-mail: [email protected]

Hope to hear from you soon!

Lyzet

Reaction score
Do you only want flash?

I can do some really nice stuff with java applets.

Not only flash :) basicly none of them should be full flash (Not so experienced on the exact way to say it, but i think so.)

The first community project should have some flash, (like few effects on the background design, maybe the navigationbar animating a bit)

The family project is nothing flash, just a social website

the gallery page should be a flash gallery section, but elsewise not really :p

Im full of ideas but its hard to explain before i actually get to know the limits the designer has, and such.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
You should try to avoid flash. It can increase the load time on the website, and it can be quite annoying when viewing on mobile browsers.

Lyzet

Reaction score
You should try to avoid flash. It can increase the load time on the website, and it can be quite annoying when viewing on mobile browsers.

Yeah but a single effect like a little smoke or something, is that really gonna do that much?

Lyerae

Reaction score
Surprisingly, yes. More so if the effect can be do in JavaScript.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
It's not like you would use Flash for effects anyway, at least most of the time.

Lyzet

Reaction score
Are there any places where you can buy a flash website, that u can easily edit to ur needs, without having alot of programs?

ive tried searching the web etc.

Anyways, what i mean about having a bit of flash i mean, a little smoke effect, maybe a little glinse on the weapon of that monster in the background, and when u mouse over the navbuttons, they do a small thingie.

I havent seen any sites with that, wich have had loading times increased that noticeable?

Im still looking for someone who can do either project, so contact me if you are interested! :)

Lyerae

Reaction score
Every little bit of flash increases the load speed, even the minor effects.
Though, I should also mention that everything can increase the load screen, which is why you need to Gzip it, and minifiy it if at all possible.

Lyzet

Reaction score
ok so everything is under control concerning this, and ive found what i needed, except from 1 thing.

I have a designer working on a medium project but i need a programmer to co-work with him on it, (its nothing HUUUUGE) you will get paid around 100 bucks depending on the ability to do the required stuff, and the results of the requirements

Add my skype if you are interested.

Thanks in advance!

Lyerae

Reaction score
Can you provide anymore information relevant to the position (I don't have Skype.)?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
thats not much money for what seems like a lot of work - unless someone is trying to build a resume not sure how many interested suitors you may get

Lyzet

Reaction score
@emijlr3 as far as my research goes, its a fine pay for a freelance project, that isnt full dynamic flash bla bla bla.

emjlr3

Reaction score
all I am saying is that $300/$20/hr = 15hr, which isn't even two days of work (and that is assuming peanuts in pay).

can't imagine this getting done even that quickly.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
Let's assume I'm a 16 years old boy, capable of doing the job. Those 100 bucks are very nice for a such peace of work and that peace of work can be used as "experience" for subsequent contracts.

I'm not going to spit on that money if Lyzet ever gives me the contract...

emjlr3

Reaction score
like I said, as a resume or experience builder, yes, but you can make more doing other things for what I assume would be at least a weeks worth of work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.