360 or Wii, which should it be?

D

Death_911

Just my own review of the two consoles, but I shall warn you, it'll take a bloody long time to read.

For almost two years now, the Nintendo Wii has been selling like hotcakes. Well, if hotcakes were covered with sugar and came with a cute puppy, then MAYBE they would compare to this system’s sky rocketing sales. But, is it the best system? Many people might think so, as the Wii appeals to a wide range of people. With it’s parental settings, parents can control what their kids can play, being safer to use than most other consoles, as well as a friend – code system consisting of a specialized number that allows children to play in online matches where they can do things that aren’t as safe when done in public internet games. Both children and their parents like it because of it’s motion sensing controls, and some true gamers like it because of its classic titles, available for download on WiiConnect24, as well as some new releases in respected series, and because it can run any Gamecube game, if you have a Gamecube controller to play it with (Gamecube games aren’t played with the motion – sensitive Wiimote). Because of all this, You may believe that this is the perfect console for you, however, instead of going on about how great it is, I’m going to tell you about one of its rival systems, the Xbox 360. Personally I’ve played both systems, and though the Wii is fun for a time, it loses its greatness when you finish some of the better titles, of which there are only a few. After that, you may find yourself trying to find a great new game for a time, because apparently, aside from children and adults who love to play simply relaxing games, there are not many titles that appeal to the average gamer being released. The 360, however, has a constant supply of new, fresh games that, by the time you finish, another will be out. The main reason this is because is Nintendo has shown to not like third - party designed games, or games designed by anyone but the company who made the system. For the 360, third-party games is what fuels it and makes it so great. Games like the Halo series are hard to find, as Microsoft shows little interest in making its own games, relying on third-party publishers. Microsoft, who created the 360, have, in my opinion, been on to something for more than three years now. Great games for every type of person have been established, though you may not think so. Although the Wii has single games that appeal to many people, the 360 has many, many games that apply to a smaller group, however, these groups greatly vary. Though there is its dreaded hardware failure, the Red Ring of Death, were as three of the rings on your 360 go red, meaning a hardware failure has occur, the Wii has something almost equal to that, its controller’s wrist strap easily breaks and send the Wiimote flying into a wall of your Tv. Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft offers a solution to there problem, an incredibly long warranty. If your Xbox gets the three rings, just send it in. While the Wii has its own warranty, it does not have anything that allows you to get a new Tv. The Wii does have its own way to combat the situation. It has created a jacket that allows for better grip, and all Wii owners may get one for free if they follow the instructions sent to them on their Wii, which kind of seems a little ironic, as they only advertise it there and on their website, but if your Tv is broke, chances are you won’t see the message. In the end of my long review that seems to toil on because of my continuous jabbering, I suggest you buy a 360, despite its devastating hardware failure, because of how awesome, fun, and unique its games are. Though the 360 can only play a few Xbox games if you have a hard drive, go into your nearest game store and look at the amount of 360 games, then look at the Wii’s. After you do this, you’ll see what I mean. Ihope that this review has helped you choose the console that is right for you.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please use paragraphs. It makes it much, much easier to read.

Reaction score
> the Wii has something almost equal to that, its controller’s wrist strap easily breaks and send the Wiimote flying into a wall of your TV.
Complete bullshit. This cannot happen.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
>the Wii has something almost equal to that, its controller’s wrist strap easily breaks and send the Wiimote flying into a wall of your TV.
Have you even tested Wii? I have had it for one and a half year and it hasn't even been closed to break.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Though there is its dreaded hardware failure, the Red Ring of Death, were as three of the rings on your 360 go red, meaning a hardware failure has occur, the Wii has something almost equal to that, its controller’s wrist strap easily breaks and send the Wiimote flying into a wall of your Tv. Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft offers a solution to there problem, an incredibly long warranty.

Ahh.. So 72% of Xbox 360 owners getting a ring of death is definatly much better than <0.01% of wii owners smashing their TV's.
Anyway, it only broke on the ancient wrist-straps. The new ones don't break :p

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
HAha, my little cousin was playing some golf game on wii, with a strap on. And he swing and somehow hit my grandma in the stomach that was next to him -_- lol...

I have xbox 360. Haven't gotten red ring, but my older cousin did. It's very boring without live, so I don't even play it.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
PS3 ftw...

Street Fighter 4
BlazBlue
Battle Fantasia

While the wii is a very "hip" game machine, I always feel like it lacks the competativeness of other consoul systems.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> was playing some golf game on wii, with a strap on
... o_O

I think that the next-gen nintendo console should be a wii with amazing graphics. Then THAT would rule.
Oh, and better online-gaming.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Forget either the Wii or the 360.
Get a PS3. Reliable, and it's free online (unlike the 360).
It also has a much wider selection of games than the Wii, and is capable of actually playing them too.

The 360? Don't make me laugh :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Get Xbox 360 if you are a man.

Nah, if you are more into children games then maybe Wii is something for you. When my and my cousin decided to buy a console, I bought the 360 and he bought the Wii. He couldn't satisfy his violent needs, but I could. :thup:

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
He needs to find some one to virtually beat into a pulp to play with :rolleyes:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I has Wii.
I has Softmod Wii.
I has small computer which browses internet and plays Brawl.
I has Win.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I bought Wii one and a half year ago, and I haven't regretted it ever since. It may not come good games very often but those who come makes it definitely worth it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.