360 or Wii, which should it be?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought Wii one and a half year ago, and I haven't regretted it ever since. It may not come good games very often but those who come makes it definitely worth it.
Hell Yeah.
Brawl, Zelda, Mario, Red Steel.
And Another Zelda is in production. The developers are thinking of ways of making it unique. :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Red Steel was terrible! :O

:O
I actually thought it was too :p

Everyone else seemed to like it (All my class mates, friends, etc) so I've gotten used to saying it was a 'good' game.

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The 360 is for people who enjoying crushing other players on live and making them feel bad..I have live, i enjoy winning and talking/trash talking to my opponents.

I say 360 all the way, it's the console for FPS, RPGs and online multiplayer more or less, if you're into other things...the wii...well...everyone else can go play with their wii...(thought i will say brawl is 100% win, COD4 is 110%)

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
I bought Wii one and a half year ago, and I haven't regretted it ever since. It may not come good games very often but those who come makes it definitely worth it.

This statement is made of win :D

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
If I were you I would choose Xbox 360 since it is currently the cheapest game console in the market, I forgot the URL of the news :D

D

Death_911

wow

:Dmy threads gettin poplar, i can see your opinions being added to this, and, if you want, i can do a ps3 review:D

D

Death_911

Please use paragraphs. It makes it much, much easier to read.
;)
for you consideration
For almost two years now, the Nintendo Wii has been selling like hotcakes. Well, if hotcakes were covered with sugar and came with a cute puppy, then MAYBE they would compare to this system’s sky rocketing sales. But, is it the best system? Many people might think so, as the Wii appeals to a wide range of people. With it’s parental settings, parents can control what their kids can play, being safer to use than most other consoles, as well as a friend – code system consisting of a specialized number that allows children to play in online matches where they can do things that aren’t as safe when done in public internet games. Both children and their parents like it because of it’s motion sensing controls, and some true gamers like it because of its classic titles, available for download on WiiConnect24, as well as some new releases in respected series, and because it can run any Gamecube game, if you have a Gamecube controller to play it with (Gamecube games aren’t played with the motion – sensitive Wiimote). Because of all this, You may believe that this is the perfect console for you, however, instead of going on about how great it is, I’m going to tell you about one of its rival systems, the Xbox 360.

Personally I’ve played both systems, and though the Wii is fun for a time, it loses its greatness when you finish some of the better titles, of which there are only a few. After that, you may find yourself trying to find a great new game for a time, because apparently, aside from children and adults who love to play simply relaxing games, there are not many titles that appeal to the average gamer being released. The 360, however, has a constant supply of new, fresh games that, by the time you finish, another will be out. The main reason this is because is Nintendo has shown to not like third - party designed games, or games designed by anyone but the company who made the system. For the 360, third-party games is what fuels it and makes it so great. Games like the Halo series are hard to find, as Microsoft shows little interest in making its own games, relying on third-party publishers. Microsoft, who created the 360, have, in my opinion, been on to something for more than three years now. Great games for every type of person have been established, though you may not think so. Although the Wii has single games that appeal to many people, the 360 has many, many games that apply to a smaller group, however, these groups greatly vary.

Though there is its dreaded hardware failure, the Red Ring of Death, were as three of the rings on your 360 go red, meaning a hardware failure has occur, the Wii has something almost equal to that, its controller’s wrist strap easily breaks and send the Wiimote flying into a wall of your Tv. Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft offers a solution to there problem, an incredibly long warranty. If your Xbox gets the three rings, just send it in. While the Wii has its own warranty, it does not have anything that allows you to get a new Tv. The Wii does have its own way to combat the situation. It has created a jacket that allows for better grip, and all Wii owners may get one for free if they follow the instructions sent to them on their Wii, which kind of seems a little ironic, as they only advertise it there and on their website, but if your Tv is broke, chances are you won’t see the message.

In the end of my long review that seems to toil on because of my continuous jabbering, I suggest you buy a 360, despite its devastating hardware failure, because of how awesome, fun, and unique its games are. Though the 360 can only play a few Xbox games if you have a hard drive, go into your nearest game store and look at the amount of 360 games, then look at the Wii’s. After you do this, you’ll see what I mean. Ihope that this review has helped you choose the console that is right for you

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
Get a Wii! Xbox 360's good for shooting and stuff. Wii's games are awesome. Hitting stuff and good for daily exercise. Play Wii Sports...

Also, Monster Hunter 3~tri will be on Wii and it's nice! :thup:

Red Steel was terrible! :O

I don't actually agree... Red Steel is kinda tiring but it's fun. But.. It's your opinion. Red Steel 2 is coming by the way...

OFF-TOPIC
TOP 4 Wii Games

1.) Okami
2.) Legend of Zelda
3.) Wii Sports
4.) Brawl

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
The wii isn't really a console for solo play, it really shines when you get a group of people together... especially drunk people. Most of the games a group orientated so if you have a bunch of friends who come around often and enjoy a bit of competitive tomfoolery then it's the console to get. Oh, and wii straps don't break... that's just an internet myth.

As for 360's.... well it's the same to me as the xbox was. I had an xbox and bout 10 games, all of which I never played. The games just weren't fun (/shit), well atleast not as much fun as I had playing my ps2 or computer. I think it stands true today, as I chose to wait for a ps3 rather then risk blowing my money on a 360. I haven't bought alot of games for the ps3 yet as I don't spend much time playing console games anymore, but what I have I'm content with, and there's a few future titles that have my eye. Also, the ps3 doubles as a blueray player, which is nice to have if you have a decent home theater system. With the xbox, there is nothing out or coming out in the future that even remotely interests me, unless it's a game that's already spread across various platforms anyhow.

It's not like I'm picking a side between brands here as I have pretty much owned every console in existence (bar the 360 and psp), and if something on the 360 actually caught my attention I'd just pull a few bucks outta my bank account and buy one. So I really think you should only buy that system if you felt you got your money out of the last one.

So, if you want action stick to your pc or grab a ps3, if you want something your mates (even the prudent bitch who you thought would never get into games in her life) and you can have a blast with then go for the Wii. If you're a dedicated xbox fan and for you halo was all the hype they pretended it to be, then get a 360. I only knew one guy who wasn't disappointed with his xbox purchase back in the day, so I personally wouldn't go there (again)... nextgen or not.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I am getting my kids a Wii for Christmas this year with an extra controller and SSBB. My friend, a District Manager for Gamestop has the 360 and I hooked him up with my Girlfriends Niece so I get to play that all the time. Best of both worlds. The 360 price range is alot better though now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.