360 / Wii / Ps3 GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalguard

Reaction score
Ok just for your information this forum is not to start a flame war so please keep your rude comments to yourself and follow these simple rules.

1. Only type in the Pros / Cons / Comments about the choosen console being it Wii, Ps3, 360, or other

2. Refrain from using comments such as or similar to;
"360 its so much better then ps3,"
"Wii pwns you all,"
"PS3 IS THE RULER OF THE WORLD THE REST OF YOU FAIL," etc.

The question I would like to put out there is,
Of all the possiable gaming machines, which do YOU find the best, what are the Pros / Cons of said device, and what are your personal experiances / comments about said device [Please refer to the rules above].

Archideas

Reaction score
I've always sticked to Sony. I have nothing against Nintendo or Microsoft. *coughexceptWindowsVistacough!*

Nah, but in all seriousness, the first console I was introduced to was a Sega Genesis and when the next generation of consoles came by I jumped on the Sony train and haven't regretted it so far.

The Playstation 1 has brought me many joyfilled hours of gaming. Some of my favorites for that console is the Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy series. Sadly I had no internet at the time so I would sometimes buy games I wonder why they even were produced.

The Playstation 2 further brought me joy with the continuation of the Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid series. (Mention FFX-2 and you die, it's an abomination best be left forgotten)

Now I own a PS3 and so far I enjoy it. Sadly I bought one when the PS3 Slim version wasn't out so I payed a heavy price for mine. But the games have become much better with the years and I'll stick to my Sony loyalty for a while longer.

I have nothing personally against the Wii nor the Xbox 360. Reason I prefer the PS3 over the other consoles is my history with the company.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong if you own all 3? Each one is a flavor you get to choose which you like, that is all. I choose to like all 3 of them.

crystalguard

Reaction score
didnt i make a thread like this already.

ah see? http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140171&page=2

ITS NOT EVEN ON THE 2ND Page. Just scroll down -.-

Yes but half of the posts on that forum are *gasp* people flameing trying to defend their system ie.
Anyway... what is your favorite console? (say PS3, and if anyone clicks Wii..)
which is proabaly the line that started all the flaming

The Playstation 1 has brought me many joyfilled hours of gaming. Some of my favorites for that console is the Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy series. Sadly I had no internet at the time so I would sometimes buy games I wonder why they even were produced.

When i was young i myself was a playstation 1 & 2 person. and Crash Bandicoot was my favorite game of their time. But about half way through my time with my Ps2 i found the wonders of online play through Twisted Metal Black and various other racing and shooters, but the online play was obnoxiously annoying. lagging periodicly and slow load times (this wasn't my internet connection btw) and about the time Ps3 and Xbox 360 came out i was fed up with Playstation, so i went to a 360. and i havn't looked back yet. The online play is above great and I love it while I hear mostly bad things about Ps3's online play

Whats wrong if you own all 3? Each one is a flavor you get to choose which you like, that is all. I choose to like all 3 of them.
There is anothing wrong with owning all 3. Ive actually wanted a Wii for somtime now. im a fan of their Motion tech. but i enjoy more extreame shooters and similar games which as of now the Wii cant offer. And a Ps3 is also something i wouldn't mind playing, Warhawk, along with Heavly Sword has always been on my "Better Look Into This!" list ever sence i've played the original Warhawk and God of War games on the Ps1 & 2

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well, I own all three, so...

Wii:
It's fun. It's interesting. It gets old having to always confirm you have your wrist strap on. It's fun to play with friends when they're over, a lot of girls that come over always want to play that over the other two, because they "Are reallllly good at the bowling". Lol. But in my opinion, it's fun for a "party console", but very few games have came out that make me want to buy the game to play by myself. Very few online features, too...

PS3:
I'm not too found of it, truthfully. I don't like the menus, it's online features are there, but aren't too nice and user-friendly. Free online, cool, but the game lineup doesn't interest me. A lot of racing and sports games, not my thing. Sure, there are a few other genres of games, but a lot of them are those two genres. I pretty much bought it for LittleBigPlanet and for a Blu-Ray player, I play it like twice a month. I loved the PS2, and played it tonssss with my friends in middle school, but I just don't particularly enjoy the PS3 as much as I did with the PS2.

Xbox 360:
My personal favorite. Awesome online features, all my buddies play it, awesome achievement system, good FPS games lineup and a lot of other genres. Arcade games you can download, indie games, full game downloads, tons of addons and stuff you can buy. Sure, it costs money for the subscription, and the addons and games also cost cash, but it's well worth it for the online features they've got. You can see exactly what your friends are doing, join their games, invite them, all really easy. Build in voice features, lots of other stuff you can get that are different ( DJ Hero, Guitar Hero, stuff like that. ). Sure, other consoles have this kind of stuff also, but I personally feel that the 360 has a way better interface, better game lineup, and awesome online features.

Just my opinion here, I like all three consoles, but just enjoy the 360 the most. :thup:

crystalguard

Reaction score
Truthfully I enjoyed the Blade Menu System much better then the new Scrolling Menu system. it was much more orginized =\

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I did as well, but the system now has the ability to transmit farrrr more information than the blade system. Like all the specials and upcoming event boxes wouldn't really work too well on the blade layout.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
True gamers cover all the bases.

Except the PSP. Fuck that thing. :)

Archideas

Reaction score
D'aww. PSP had a few good games. Remakes of Final Fantasy 1-2, Dissidia, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Crisis Core, Liberty City and Vice City.

I might buy a xbox 360, could I afford one. The might being stretched alot since I'm not really into mindless shooters that much. =/ But yeah, having all 3 consoles atleast brings you alot of variety.

crystalguard

Reaction score
Except the PSP. Fuck that thing. :)

now now be carefull bout wat u say =P you wouldn't want to get mindless hatemail now =)
I did as well, but the system now has the ability to transmit farrrr more information than the blade system. Like all the specials and upcoming event boxes wouldn't really work too well on the blade layout.
true you still they could have found a way to implement them togeather, because when that switch happened (from the blade to scrolling) i was compleatly screwed up

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
PS3.

Why?

Blu-Ray
Free Online
Least Shovel-ware
DVD's
Media Streaming
Netflix is coming
LittleBigPlanet

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
My choice: Wii

Why?

Well, i am a pc-gamer and I will always ALWAYS game first on the PC. Hence, the wii seems like more of a console to me, if you know what i'm saying. It's different then the 360 and the ps3 because it's innovative, it's fun, it's made for your friends and you, and it has great games. + Nintendo really knows how to repack games and sell them again...and again....and again xD . But, my personal choice is the Wii.

Now, in all fairness the ps3 and 360 are at least twice the strength of the wii as far as the processing power goes. However, the ps3 pushed a bit too far with it's blu ray disc and it's steep price, and failed in comparison to the other two in this gen. Seriously, it's 50% of the gamers that buy these things. The rest is parents on christmas/birthday's etc and is influenced by marketing and little kids screaming i want one i want one. So naturally you would go with the cheapest one (that being the Wii).

That said, i think the 360 has the best+most played titles (sometimes you bastards get exclusives like fable 2, i want one and i don't want a 360 xP), so i would guess that someone who games a lot at home would probably want a 360. Not to mention the fact that it's multimedia is by far the best (to my liking at least, i never like the ps3 menus).

Still, Nintendo people are the most clever ones, as they built something that will sell, and it did. Wii's sold=PS3+360 sold.

And Wii has Brawl. Win. Hands down x)

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I do not understand why people do not like the PS3 menus. They are idiot proof and uncluttered. I personally do not like the 360 menu, but then I guess it comes down to what you're used to.
Also:
PS3.

Why?

Blu-Ray
Free Online
Least Shovel-ware
DVD's
Media Streaming
Netflix is coming
LittleBigPlanet
What he said. Particularly with regards to Blu-Ray. I will be able to watch Star Trek in glorious HD because the player is built in to the console and is a damn sight cheaper than a stand-alone player. Blu-Ray is the next step up from DVD and it was only natural that it should be installed on a PS3. Plus, Blu-Ray allows for much more content on a single disc than a DVD, so we get big games that use the entire space and to great effect.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
See PS3 is just cheating, it's main purpose isn't even a gaming system.

Wii: Like most say, it's a fun, party with friends console. It's to relax. Actual fun, not just fun as in killing people. But that's not enough to satisfy gamers, lol.

PS3: Like what I said in my first line. Blu-ray is good, but that's a different point. A bit more high-quality. Some games are fun, but just some. Yeah, I like PS2 better.

Xbox: Yes. Lots of good games of all types, lots of player interaction (offline and online), and a cool system. A lot of the classic, ownage games are from here, and it's more known to the world. A bit broken at times though.

Xbox 360 would be my favorite. There's also more clans on Xbox.
As for the blu-ray, I happen to have an Xbox and a blu-ray that was mostly free, :p And Wiseman, you're not even talking about the PS3 anymore, ha. You're comparing blu-ray to a normal disc. So my point again, PS3 goes to a non-gamer console. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
No I wasn't. Uncharted 2 used up an entire single-layer Blu-Ray (for example). An Xbox uses DVDs (not Blu-Ray at any rate, if it doesn't use DVDs) and so they can't accomodate such large games on single discs. I also do not see how you can claim it as a point that it takes the PS3 into non-gaming territory, when after all, the 360 had HD-DVD at first. What would you have said if HD-DVD had not lost out? ...Exactly.

And I would thank you to remember that there's an _2 on the end of my name :p

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Be that as it may, Sony wanted too much too soon. When PS3 released the blu ray was virtually useless, and even they said that you need a second job to buy it. Not a lot of us have that kind of money ^^

If Wii had a great online system it would probably be even more popular, sadly have to wait till Wii 2 x)

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Thank you for keeping the hate / flame to a minimum
but i must agree with Nenad. when the ps3 was first released the blu ray player was mostly, if not compleatly useless. blu ray didn't truthfully catch on for a long while after the ps3's inital release and even now its still not that popular. but i will say the ps3 has one of the best bluray players out there and at the time its more worth your money to buy a ps3 over any stand-alone bluray player. And now i must say that sony's choice to add it in was a wise one. not at the inital launch but now that bluray is somewhat catching on the ps3 does have the edge on both video game graphics and seccondary enterainment for a console. Now to say even with my love for the xbox 360 the ps3 does have the advantage over most aspects of the 360. one of the few exceptions of this is Sony's online compaired to XBL.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I don't see what the fuss is over Xbox Live against PSN. PSN is free for a start, and I've never had any problems with it. With Xbox Live, you've got to pay and even then there are still ads left right and centre. Plus, I've noticed the volume of screaming 9-year-old racist homophobics is much lower on PSN than on XBL.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Yea but i personaly find PSN much more disoriginzed and confusing compaired to XBL. xbl took me about 1 to 2 mins to understna dhow most things worked withen the game. while i still have problems with psn. But i do hate that xbl requires a subscription. its one of my biggest problems with microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.