3DS 9 to MDX?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to convert 3DS 9 to MDX?

I've seen a few converters on the hive workshop. But it seems none of them work for 3DS 9. Am I looking in the right place?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember reading that you cannot use any newer format beyond 3DS 4/5, though things may have changed since then, and I don't know how accurate that is.
Can you export in a legacy format? Are there any converters to convert to other file types which you may be able to use?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
generally graphic design software (3DS/PS/Maya/Adobe in general) is capable of saving in other formats, did you try changing the save file type to something else that is convertable?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure GFreak, i'm new to this stuff. I'm actually trying to help a friend who is drawing me some models. He's using 3ds 6(i think). But I have 3ds 9.

It seems easy enough though, and i think I could take it up as a hobby. But why use older versions when you have the newest ;)

EDIT: He's made me some awesome houses, that have 2 animations. Stand 1 is the full model. Stand 2 the roof is gone and the door is open. So my hero can walk around the house. (My idea :p)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.