Spellpack 4 Blade Master Spells

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Ooh GUI Locals can ya teach?

:p

Remember Hybrid GUI (using locals in GUI) won't work with extra functions :p

Meaning : If you are using a Pick Every or a thing that creates auto-creates a new function inside the script (not the triggerfunction itself, but it's functions call), it won't work because locals won't be there. ;)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
How is writing jass any faster then clicking..... anyhow please check the spells.

Typing is faster than clicking. Believe me, I tested xD. I made up a trigger in Jass, then in GUI. I finished the Jass one faster. And it was cleaner, and less laggier. :p

Ok, ok, I will check the spells :p

EDIT: Ok, I finished testing your spells. The first and the lasat ones are great, talking about eye-candy. Their actual effect (on all the spells) is a bit plain. Even if you damage the target depending on different stuff, the only stuff you do is to deal damage. You could have added different effects.

On the first spell, I noticed a thing. After the spell is finished, the hero is unselected. You could select it for the player.
You should modify the second spell. Make it so it impales the first enemy encountered and make it both point and unit targetable. If you target a unit and, in it's 'rush' the blademaster passes through other units without harming them, it's a bit unrealistic.
The third is a bit laggy on the first cast. Also, the idea is not so original. I've seen it done a couple of times (even I did it, when I started mapping).
The last one is cool, although you could shrink down the down the distances, when the blademaster strikes from different angles.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
K thx for checking spells , you could always make a dummy unit cast a spell on them if you want more effect by the way :p

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
I cannot do JASS, and it drives me in loops and loops and loops and loops and loops and loops and loops and loops X 9999

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Can you re explain array stuff or show me an example cause thats how I learn best :)

Example you have a unit that slide, to make in MPI, it's simple as heaven to use arrays : (I wrote it, took me 25 min)

Code:
Magic Leet Detect
Events
Unit - Generic unit starts the effect of an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Magic Leet!

Actions
Set CasterUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Triggering unit)
Set TargetUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Wait 5.00 seconds of game-time
Unit - Turn off collision of CasterUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
Unit - Move instantly CasterUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] at (Position of TargetUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
Unit - Turn on collision of CasterUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
Unit - Move instantly TargetUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] at (Random point in (Entire map))

This work simple : After 5 seconds when the cast is ran, the triggering unit takes the place of the target unit, and the target unit is pushed anywhere in the entire map. For a non MPI spell, it would do :

Code:
Magic Leet Detect
Events

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Magic Leet!

Actions
Set CasterUnit = (Triggering unit)
Set TargetUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Unit - Turn off collision of CasterUnit
Unit - Move instantly CasterUnit at (Position of TargetUnit)
Unit - Turn on collision of CasterUnit
Unit - Move instantly TargetUnit at (Random point in (Entire map))

Very simple.

In all cases, to make a spell MPI, we need (1+x)D Arrays than (x)D Arrays.
In that example, the MPI spell had (1+x)D Array than (1)D Array.
Meaning : (2)D Arrays than (1)D Array.

For 3D Arrays, you will go on your own choice, using X slots of the variable you need (you still using 2d arrays).

Code:
Stats Up Code
Events

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Stats Up!
[B]//The ability saves the current stats (str, agi, int), divide it after 5 seconds, and gives it the double of all after 30 seconds[/B]

Actions
Set CurrentStats[((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3) - 2)] = (Current of strength of (Triggering unit), exclude bonuses)
[B]//Saves the Strength, can be saved at slots (player) : 1 (1), 4 (2), 7 (3), 10 (4), 13 (5), 16 (6), 19 (7), 22 (8), 25 (9), 28 (10), 31 (11), 34 (12), 37 (13), 40 (14), 43 (15), 46 (16)[/B]
Set CurrentStats[((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3) - 1)] = (Current of agility of (Triggering unit), exclude bonuses)
[B]//Saves the Agility, can be saved at slots (player) : 2 (1), 5 (2), 8 (3), 11 (4), 14 (5), 17 (6), 20 (7), 23 (8), 26 (9), 29 (10), 32 (11), 35 (12), 38 (13), 41 (14), 44 (15), 47 (16)[/B]
Set CurrentStats[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3)] = (Current of intelligence of (Triggering unit), exclude bonuses)
[B]//Saves the Intelligence, can be saved at slots (player) : 3 (1), 6 (2), 9 (3), 12 (4), 15 (5), 18 (6), 21 (7), 24 (8), 27 (9), 30 (10), 33 (11), 36 (12), 39 (13), 42 (14), 45 (15), 48 (16)[/B]
Hero - Set (Triggering unit)'s Strength to CurrentStats([((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3) - 2)] / 2)
[B]//Retreive Strength[/B]
Hero - Set (Triggering unit)'s Agility to CurrentStats([((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3) - 1)] / 2)
[B]//Retreive Agility[/B]
Hero - Set (Triggering unit)'s Intelligence to CurrentStats([(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3)] / 2)
[B]//Retreive Intelligence[/B]
Wait 25.00 seconds of game-time
Hero - Set (Triggering unit)'s Strength to CurrentStats([((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3) - 2)] x 2)
[B]//Add Strength[/B]
Hero - Set (Triggering unit)'s Agility to CurrentStats([((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3) - 1)] x 2)
[B]//Add Agility[/B]
Hero - Set (Triggering unit)'s Intelligence to CurrentStats([(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))*3)] x 2)
[B]//Add Intelligence[/B]

:p We used 3d/2d arrays for MPI, 2d/1d can be used for with/for single spell.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Ahh now I get it maybe in some of my future spells it will feature MPI, I get everything, but 3d arrays look a bit confusing.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Ahh now I get it maybe in some of my future spells it will feature MPI, I get everything, but 3d arrays look a bit confusing.

3d can be called 2d if you want. It is simply we give a 3st dimentional type to the variable, like a matrix :

Code:
--------------------> 2d
|   1  2  3  4  5  6  7
|   8  9  10 11 12 13 14
|   15 16 17 18 19 20 21
|   22 23 24 25 26 27 28
3d

Like that. (3d)

Code:
--------------------> 2d
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13...

This is 2d

Code:
-> 1d

And this is 1d.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
I kind of get it now but where would you use it instead of just normal arrays I don't see the reason yet :[ ( bear with me )

LordOglog

Reaction score
V nice spells though i think you should make it so the blademaster is re selected after the spell has been used so players don't have to select the blademaster again after the spell has been used:
Code:
Selection - Select fecaster for (Owner of fecaster)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I haven't looked at them in warcraft, but they sound nice and the screenshots look nice... So GJ!

But seriously, do people only post blademaster spells -.-"

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Blade masters are the only cool looking swordsman int he game (Footmans meh) (Arthas has a blade 2 X as fat at the bottom then at the top with a retarded colour)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.