US News 4 die as U.S. news choppers covering police pursuit crash

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Two television news helicopters covering a police pursuit collided in mid-air above the city of Phoenix, Ariz., killing all four people aboard.

Both aircraft went down Friday in a public park in central Phoenix and caught fire.

The two choppers were broadcasting live coverage of police cruisers pursuing a truck. Viewers, however, did not witness the crash as cameras aboard the aircraft were pointed at the ground.

But they saw images from one of the helicopters break up and begin to spin before the station abruptly switched to the studio.

Last edited:

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
I expected for once not to be amused by others' misfortune, but because of the unlikelihood of sober chopper pilots colliding with other choppers and because of my contempt for sensationalist news, all I can think is...
I bet the networks wish they'd gotten footage of that.

I do wonder if it was a malfunction on the helicopter, though.

Reaction score
Well this is what happens whene you have +5 new helicopters in air trying to get some coverage +1-2 Police Helicopters.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Man. I saw the video of the seconds before the crash. That's scary.
All it looked like was that they lost track of each other.
Because in Phoenix, the pilots are also reporters so they were all distracted.
I live in Phoenix and I don't remember anything for a while that has made this much of a story nationally.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Wow. Stupid reporters. There should be a law saying news casts can't be near police pursuers while they are still doin their pursuing ><

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.