49ers Sign QB Smith to 3-Year Deal

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The San Francisco 49ers announced that they have signed QB Alex Smith to a three-year deal through the 2014 season.

“We are pleased that Alex has chosen to continue his career as a 49er,” said 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke. “His contributions were instrumental to our success in 2011, and we look forward to the continued growth of our offense under his leadership”

Smith (6-4, 217) enters his eighth NFL season after leading the 49ers to a 13-3 record, the NFC West division crown and a trip to the NFC Championship game, in 2011. Smith started all 16 regular season games and two playoff contests this past season, setting multiple career passing marks. Smith completed 273 of 445 passes for a career-high 3,144 yards with 17 touchdowns and only five interceptions. His interception total ranks tied for 3rd in NFL history for the fewest thrown in a season, while his interception percentage of 1.1 ranks 3rd all-time. Smith also posted a career-high 90.7 QB rating, while leading the 49ers to five, 4th-quarter comebacks in the regular season, including four on the road. His four come-from-behind road victories tied the franchise record set by Joe Montana in 1989.

Read the rest

------------------------------------------

I'm actually pretty glad about this. The 49ers have been going through getting all these WR, it's good they're keeping their QB they're already comfortable with.

That and I didn't wanna see the Dolphins do any better, the bastards :D

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Great. :D I knew the contract was still up there, so it is nice to see Smith accept it. Could be his best season yet.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
With all the weapons he's going to have on the field, I don't doubt for a second that Smith and the 49ers are going to have a great season. I mean, they had a great season last year and got so close to the Super Bowl... And if they had, who knows how the Super Bowl would have turned out, right?

I will definitely be keeping an eye on them this upcoming season...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.