5v5 Rpg/Pvp Fallout themed map

RipTheJacker

Reaction score
Hey community,
I am creating a 10 player open world, rpg, pvp team based game. The game is going to start completely symmetrical with defined objectives for each team to complete while possibly trying to interfere with the other team. 2 Teams Red and Blue. There are 5 different roles each player plays on a team. Tank, scout, sharp shooter, demolitionist, and medic. Teams do not share vision and must use communication and teamwork to survive. They will gain experience and level from 0-10. Players must also constantly be gathering supplies because of hunger, thirst, and steady exposure to radiation.
All units will be based off these basic stats
1000(+100/lvl) health, 10(+1/lvl) armor, 200(+10/lvl) energy, 50(+10/lvl) dmg, .75(-.02/Lvl) attack speed, 4 range, 200 movement speed, 6 sight range
Tank Passives- +500 Maximum health, 33% slower base attack speed.
(Marauder) Abilities- 5 seconds of 30% dmg reduction (Cost 75 energy 10 second cooldown)
3 seconds of + 30% movement speed (Cost 25 energy 4 second cd)

Scout Passives- +2 sight range, Detector, 20% money earned
(Marine) Abilites- Sentry gun (lasts 10 seconds 250 health 30 dmg .5 attack speed 30 second cooldown 80 energy)
Place Wards (last 2 minutes 3 minute cooldown 50 energy)

Sharp shooter Passives- 10(+1/lvl) critical chance, 6 range. 15% slower base attack speed)
(Ghost) Abilities- Tunnel Vision (become stationary. increased sight range/cannot turn 3 second proc cd 25 energy)
Magnum (2 range 300 dmg shot 12 second cd costs 100 energy)

Demolitionist Passives- 15% increased movement speed 10% chance to take no dmg)
(Reaper) Abilities- satchel charge (plant a bomb to destroy debris or trap enemies press again to detonate 300 dmg 125 energy 30 second cd medium blast radius) - was thinking to put armor penetration as a acquirable upgrade to get past certain areas where rocks could have 255 armor with no other means of getting past.
Proximity mine - Plant a spider mine that lasts 4 minutes (deals 150 dmg 25 energy, can store up to 3 30 second per charge)

Medic Passives- Can revive another player once per minute, 10% buff to all stats
(Medic) Abilities Transfusion (Instantly heal a player 300 health 50 energy 15 second cd)
Blind (Blind an enemy for 2.25 seconds 75 energy 20 second cd)
Revive-(Revives a downed teammate no cost 5 second channel 60 second cd)

All players will also have attributes for Hunger/Thirst of 0-100 which go up 1 every 3 seconds when it hits 100 you will take 2 dmg/sec, so you will need sustenance every 4 minutes or so. And Radiation of 0-1000 which climbs by 5 every 5 seconds in the open world and in some areas much harsher when it reaches 1000 you will take 5 dmg/sec. Many things you kill in the world will drop you supplies and money. Players will all have inventories of 8-12 items and 2-3 equippable slots that I have planned for dmg/armor/misc. stat increases. There is a neutral middle point of the map where players must disarm to enter and can spend money on anything from supplies to bodyguards, assassins, equipment, and more planned. Much of this will need to be tweaked as time goes to make the game as competitive and challenging as an addicting game should be. As time progresses the world will start to become harsher with tougher enemies spawning and more areas to be explored. The games main goal is to kill the enemy team. But the worlds conditions require that you do scavenge what you can before you can run directly to the opposing teams side. As well as computer enemies posing quite a threat throughout the whole game to any team rushing without teamwork. Quests to do, Minibosses, Random Events. Strategic points on the map to be held.

Currently I am in the beginning phases of developing this map and I am pretty novice to the editor. If people would be interested in helping along the process and making this map be as awesome as I think it would be feel free to message me on here or on starcraft. I am going to outline the bases of what needs to be done. Most of which I will attempt to do on my own at some point but any help is appreciated :D. I will certainly credit anyone who helps along production and hope to put in extra features beyond this at some point. The map is still unplayable atm 1/1/2015. But after working from scratch all day I think it could be playable with the bare minimum done soon. I will try to update this daily.

Currently what needs done:
Triggers/Behaviors/Attributes for 3 variables on everyones unit.
Textures! lots and lots of textures. I want the map to have a different feel from starcraft. Nuclear wasteland type creatures. Rad roaches, Rad scorpions, mutated bears, ghouls, feral robots, bandits, Deathclaws)
Need to make custom abilities on the units as described up top.
Dialogs for interfaces with storekeepers in the town, Possibly making a prefer role at launch to randomize people roles
Random Event Scripting (Enemy Spawns, Unique quests)
Bosses
Weather? (probably last due to any chances that it might cause lag for players.)
Ideas! (if you have any, Share! I'd love to have input from other perspectives)

Attachments

• Terrain 001.jpg
    Terrain 001.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 482

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Currently I am in the beginning phases of developing this map and I am pretty novice to the editor. [...] The map is still unplayable atm 1/1/2015. But after working from scratch all day I think it could be playable with the bare minimum done soon. I will try to update this daily.
Not to frighten you, but it's easy to underestimate the amount of work a map needs. Just don't give up halfway through because you realize how much work this is. Have fun and good luck, as the pirates used to say.

RipTheJacker

Reaction score
Yeah im aware it will take quite a bit of work. I dont plan on this being an actually finished map for a few months probably. I just want to get it to a playable minimum and see it people like the concept

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.