8 years for The Helper?

xfirenzx

Reaction score
I went to The helper's profile and it said he joined 8 years ago tomorrow. I was just wondering if thats when the forum started or not?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
That is when the VBulletin forum began. The forums were hosted before that on thegroup.org server - thegroup is gone now. The actual website started on Geocities in 1996 and I think the first forum in 98 or 99. The Staredit Help forum and Warcraft 2 BNE forum, and the Technical Support forum that Rapmaster always moderated. The WE Help Zone was started by Darg who was in thegroup.org Wargasm, one of the inactive Administrators (WoW) ran the site and forums for a few years when I was not real active. The forums have existed in some form for 10 years. TheHelper.net for I think 8 years.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Man, its been over 10 years to get this far eh? Must have been hard sticking with it the whole way - Anyone besides The Helper been aroud since the beginning? (Still here)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Rapmaster and Logical1 are the only ones who who would remember me as the Blizzard Forums MVP.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's certainly been a long time. :)

On a side note, what does MVP stand for?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
hey cool, I just realised that Feb. 19th marked 5 years since I first joined up!

Although I think I was also lurking around in 2002 for a while, but it certainly wasn't in any official capacity.

> I think Rapmaster and Logical1 are the only ones who who would remember me as the Blizzard Forums MVP.

I have vague memories of this, I think the MVP program was at (or nearing) the end of its life when I first came to know you here. I can't remember why Blizzard scrapped the program though, do you recall ?

It's a pity I didn't join earlier than when I did though, this place stands out as the best community site by a mile. TH.net has been a very good "grass roots" portal that has always welcomed in the newbies and gave them the help they were seeking.

Not to mention the fact that this place has always focussed on the substance over glitz and glam. As such, it has consequently attracted a number of individuals seeking that exact sort of community website experience.

While it's tempting to rant about what some other sites have done wrong, I will keep quiet...at least for now : - )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.