A camera movement issue

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
I have this cinematic, that when someone speaks, instead of rotating and showing him as a whole shape, i would like to zoom at him. It seems that it becomes difficult though. Actually i want the camera to be locked at that position for a while (yes, even if it is cinematics, i am in the progress state still) and i wanna learn more about cameras. So, the questions are:
How to zoom at the unit (zoom from in front position) and how to lock camera there? Actually the second question interests me more for a playable map. There is an RPG lately played that has a function that when you move at a certain location, your camera is locked until something is done (say waiting for the train) and even if it doesn't become cinematics, when i try to scroll the mouse or try to move the mouse, the camera view stays still. How can i do that? I cannot even point to another point of the minimap...

Prediter[BuB

Reaction score
Have you looked at the camera triggers. Most of them are pretty much self explanatory. To lock It just make the players enter cinematic mode. In cinematic mode they CANNOT scroll zoom or move. Just read the triggers I'm sure you can figure it out. I would be more help but I don't have WE on this computer so.... Enjoy.

As for the thing where they can play and not move the camera I can't help your there. You might wana check out the blizz map warchasers and do something like that to disable the camera.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
hmm idk if thisll work but its genius in my opinion. If youve looked at 3rd person triggers (ill give u a trigger) the way the keep the camera locked is to refresh the trigger every 0.10 or 0.01 seconds. This'll prolly lock your camera for you :)

Code:
Camera
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Wisp 0019 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 1000.00 over 0.10 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 345.00 over 0.10 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to 100.00 over 0.10 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Wisp 0019 <gen>) over 0.20 seconds
This is just to deminstrate that the camera is repeating itself every .1 seconds, to zoom in at the target use angle of attack height offset and so on and set the "over 0.10 seconds" you see above to something more reasonable. But if you do this you will have to individually call the triggers through another trigger and tell them when to start and stop, and thats not something i cannot help you with.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.