A City in Conflict

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
This is another piece I feel like sharing with you guys. I am truly inspired of writing stories based on historic events. This story is about a city during WW2 where a civilian family has to make a sadistic decision.

The day is a silent dusk. The streets crowd with gleeful people and tourists. The shops lay open and colorful. It was a peaceful night and everyone lived their lives in tranquility.

Unfortunately, this was only the premature status. Artillery enplacements fired mortars in an instant. The skies became covered by a dense fabric of smoke. People became confused and started to cough for the pollution was too great.

The first mortar finally hit. A town hall building collasped and civilians became terribly frightened. They ran and ran but only more chaos fell upon from the dark skies. Buildings, people, animals all were affected; were unable to escape the barbarity of this rain of death.

Suddenly the artillery bombardment seized. Civilians hid inside the fortified structures and only prayed for this day to end. This praying; however, was short-lived. Tanks drove rampart in the streets from the nearby archway and groups of militia besieged the city. They went inside structures and killed people without remorse.

The insanity was unbearable. Children themselves were left in tears until their fate had come. The solders shot everyone, only for the pride of global domination. Such corruption was unbearable and one family had to make the choice of their lifetime.

"We have to leave this place! If we won't we'd end up massacred like the others!", said the poor forsaken mother.
"No my love, this is my country, my homeland. I will not see to its end. I will fight for my country with pride and for honor. You have to understand darling, this.... is war. War is horrible I know my love but do not quail. I will see to that we make through this alive.", replied her courageous husband
"No.... no, I can't let you go! I don't want to lose you. You mean everything to me. If I lose you, then what will come of me next?"
"Then promise me this my love, take our child and make your way out of the city. The armies made airports specially designed for this type of situation. Now go, I must take up my arms into battle"

Before the mother could reply, her husband drifted away from her sight and left the home. The mother was in tears but understood her husband's choice in this manner. She took her baby son and departed along with the other civilian survivors into the airport.

Three Years Later

It's been three years since the moment the mother had seen her husband. She was flown to America to live her life in peace, away from the chaos of her homeland. World War II had been over. Germany had surrendered and Japan faced the destruction of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing.

She made a trip back to her homeland and looked for any signs of her husband. She couldn't find him anywhere once she'd arrived and began to look on the memorial of people who had taken arms for her country. As she observed the carved names, she paused. She saw her husband's name carved into the memorial with the words "He had taken arms for his country. He died as a hero".

The mother left the memorial area and tried to live in her homeland for several weeks until she returned to America.

War takes its turn on mankind. From greed erupts suffering and chaos. Order goes corrupt and mankind uses weapons capable of destroying countless. If this world allows for more power hungry generals to lead their civilization, then the world we know it may be doomed for all time.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Idk man it moved a little too fast for me. Good Idea, but the fact that I didn't really know/care about any of the characters at all kind of ruined it for me.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
This is similar to a summary or just a little story. If you like I may write a longer version with a more imbraceful atmosphere and scene. I have plenty of time so if you wish, I'd feel happy to do it.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Very true at the end. It is a bit fast paced but overall nice and deep story. Good job. Um.. is this in Germany?

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Well the attackers are the Germans. Before I wrote this I thought I should specify a city that in reality was bombarded but I just made it a general city in Europe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.