A couple of questions regarding abillities and buffs.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
So say i want to make an ability based of of critical strike.
I want it to, ofcourse, hit critically but also have a stackable slow/damage over time.
So i just thought I'd add a buff like say cold arrows just to see if it works. And this got me confused.
How do i change how much does that buff slow? Because now whenever the critical hit proc's on a normal unit, he gets so slowed that he can't move.

Aside from that, how DO i make an ability stackable and how do i change either by what amount it stacks each time it proc's, or the maximum amount which it can stack ( like for this ability i want it to stack till the move speed is reduced to 20% of his normal move speed )

P.S I tried increasing the move speed of the normal unit to the max ( 522 ) but it hasn't changed anything, so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So say i want to make an ability based of of critical strike.
I want it to, ofcourse, hit critically but also have a stackable slow/damage over time.
So i just thought I'd add a buff like say cold arrows just to see if it works. And this got me confused.
How do i change how much does that buff slow? Because now whenever the critical hit proc's on a normal unit, he gets so slowed that he can't move.

Aside from that, how DO i make an ability stackable and how do i change either by what amount it stacks each time it proc's, or the maximum amount which it can stack ( like for this ability i want it to stack till the move speed is reduced to 20% of his normal move speed )

P.S I tried increasing the move speed of the normal unit to the max ( 522 ) but it hasn't changed anything, so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Buffs doesn't have any effect, they are used to mark a unit that the specific ability have been casted on them.

LearningCode

Reaction score
Another way to say it:

Buffs make you look cool, but serve no purpose other than that on their own.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
So then how would i be able to do this? I was thinking about triggering it with dummy units, but it would be bad since the atk speed of the dummy and hero with this said spell wouldn't match

LearningCode

Reaction score
Create the Critical strike trigger yourself
When it procs., Check if the attacked unit has a buff (Let's say 90%Speed or 10% slow).
If the attacked unit has it, remove the buff. (Not sure if removing the buff removes the effects)
Create a dummy and give it a spell (I recommend acid bomb)
Set level of acid bomb to level 2 (Assuming level 2 is 80% Speed or 20% slow)
Order dummy to cast acid bomb on the attacked unit.
give expiration timer to created unit

Something along those lines.

Acidbomb ->
Make it, like:
level 1/10% slow
level 2/20% slow
level 3/30% slow

Or however you want it, just guidelines here.
Be careful of unit and point leaks xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.