A few questions on the scripting languages

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Alright, so as the game has been developing, so as the language we use for our maps.

What is vJass now, really? What is it "Based" off of? Is it just some new language that people used to simplify functions already based off in C++ or something like that?

What is cJass? I hear about it, but I have no idea what it really is. Is it just Jass, but in C instead? Is it better to use and requires the knowledge of C?

What language does SC2 use? I hear it uses voids and the such. I heard people say it's like C, but is that what it really is? just a simplified version of C? If cJass is C, then would it be a smart idea to learn how to program C and use cJass for practice for the upcoming SC2?

What is RtC? I hear it allows you to create additional natives. is that all?

To better understand these languages, what do I truly need to learn? I wanted to learn C++, but because people are using some sort of <iostream> instead of <iostream.h>, my books are outdated, and I have no compiler that supports the use of <iostream.h>

I notice people make some pretty awesomely coded stuff, and I look and I can't decide, where did you people learn about this? Obviously you people know the actual programming language otherwise this kindof stuff wouldn't be too possible, or i'd actually be able to read it. Should I grab a book on C? C++? Java?

I know this is coming on a bit at one moment, but these are questions that have been bothering me for a while now.

Rep will be given if truly necessary, I just want to know.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
first of all, i dont use Jass but GUI therefor i cannot tell you anything for sure, but i am working with the editor for quite a time now and know at least some stuff.

vJass is basically a polished version of normal Jass for better readability and a little more comfort.

cJass is Jass in the style of C as far as i know.

and Starcraft 2 uses Java as scripting language as well as GUI.

well, i cannot guarantee these information are correct. better ask this question in the Jass help sub-forum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.