A few questions...

DiDdY

Reaction score
Hello TheHelper.Net users - again.

Problem 1:

Today, I am wondering wether it is possible to set the Build Time of a unit to 0.

Code:
Max Units
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in Teams[1] and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Limit training of Engineer Marine to 1 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Heavy Assault Unit (Alliance) to 2 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Assault Marine to 15 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Flamer Marine (Human) to 10 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Light Artillary Marine (Gnome) to 3 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of AT Marine (Dreani) to 10 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Rifle Marine to 15 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of APC to 5 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Sniper Marine to 3 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Repair Unit to 1 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Chaingun Marine (Human) to 5 for (Picked player)
        Player Group - Pick every player in Teams[2] and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Limit training of Engineer Marine (Undead) to 1 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Heavy Assault Unit to 2 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Assault Marine (Troll) to 15 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Flamer Marine to 10 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Light Artillary Marine to 3 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of AT Marine to 10 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Rifle Marine (Orc) to 15 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Sniper Marine (Orc) to 3 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Repair Unit (Goblin Horde) to 1 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Chaingun Marine to 5 for (Picked player)

Well yes, if you've ever played 'Battle for Northton Town', or 'MoneyShot' then you'd know, that you have a Command Centre, which moves. From this, you can hire units, but unfortunately the limits don't work for hiring units.

So, is there anyway to either make units trainable in 0 seconds, OR, make hireable units have limits. Or, is my trigger just wrong?

Problem 2:

Okay, so my next problem.

Code:
Map Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Total_Heroes = 4
        Set Hero_Array[1] = Jet Pack Marine
        Set Hero_Array[2] = Jet Pack Marine (Dwarf)
        Set Hero_Array[3] = Long Range Rocket Artillary Unit (Horde)
        Set Hero_Array[4] = Long Range Rocket Artillary Unit

Code:
Move Heroes
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters JetPack1 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to ((Owner of (Entering unit)) start location)

Code:
JetPackHordePick
    Events
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Jet Pack Marine
    Actions
        Player - Make (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (A player has chosen a  + (Name of (Triggering unit)))
        Wait 60.00 seconds
        Player - Make (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))

Code:
JetPackAlliancePick
    Events
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Jet Pack Marine (Dwarf)
    Actions
        Player - Make (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (A player has chosen a  + (Name of (Triggering unit)))
        Wait 60.00 seconds
        Player - Make (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))

So (you might be familiar with these as they're adapted versions from Ryoko's Hero Tarven Tutorial), I stumble across a problem - why can they still be bought from the tarven? You buy one and you can buy two hundred more.

Also, why can both teams get these units when these triggers clearly state otherwise;

Code:
 AllianceHordeOnly
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Make Jet Pack Marine Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Long Range Rocket Artillary Unit (Horde) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Jet Pack Marine (Dwarf) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Long Range Rocket Artillary Unit Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Make Jet Pack Marine (Dwarf) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Long Range Rocket Artillary Unit Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Jet Pack Marine Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Long Range Rocket Artillary Unit (Horde) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)

I mean, come on? And yes, all the 'Teams[1]' and 'Teams[2]' should be set at map int:

Code:
Team Variables
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Add Player 1 (Red) to Teams[1]
        Player Group - Add Player 2 (Blue) to Teams[1]
        Player Group - Add Player 3 (Teal) to Teams[1]
        Player Group - Add Player 4 (Purple) to Teams[1]
        Player Group - Add Player 5 (Yellow) to Teams[1]
        Player Group - Add Player 6 (Orange) to Teams[1]
        Player Group - Add Player 7 (Green) to Teams[2]
        Player Group - Add Player 8 (Pink) to Teams[2]
        Player Group - Add Player 9 (Gray) to Teams[2]
        Player Group - Add Player 10 (Light Blue) to Teams[2]
        Player Group - Add Player 11 (Dark Green) to Teams[2]
        Player Group - Add Player 12 (Brown) to Teams[2]
        Set RandomPoint = (Random integer number between 0 and 3)

Well, theres millions of problems, so I'll just leave you with these for now. I've attatched the map incase you want to see beyond the triggers.

PS: Leak pointing out would be great.

Link to Map: http://habtown.net/uploader/upload/1216628233.w3x

DiDdY

Reaction score
Bump//

I believe it has been 24 hours, and this post is so lost, with so many views and no answers, I'll take another try. Oh, sorry, but I did mean that you can actuall use triggers WITH hireable units, but you can't just say 'use hireable units' with no triggers or anything.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Well if TheHelper.Net fails at helping me, I think it's fair too say the world has failed.

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
i think its fair to say you've failed at giving us the required information to help you.

Please post individual threads with different questions/concerns.

DiDdY

Reaction score
So you're saying, I should leave this thread and post Problem One and Two on their own? I think thats just a waste of space, and time. If you do need any more 'information' then please do not hesitate to ask. Your friendly neighbourhood Elf is willing to help.

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
im saying in the future, post individual problems in individual threads.

when your title says "a few problems" and the thread contains 5 "spoilers," people become less willing to help. They just think "meh someone else will deal with it"

for problem 1, you cant set construction time less than 1. but you can do buying units (like mercenaries)

set starting buy time to 0, rf time to 999999999 and set units to (maximum allowed)

then make a trigger that checks if the cooldown is running, and remove that unit from the building (this part optional)

Dmshu

Reaction score
The problem with the unit availability change is it means they can't build or train that unit.

It doesn't mean they can't purchase the unit.

I couldn't think of a fix with how you have everyone purchase from the same tavern, and I think you need to have each player train the units they want from a building they control if you want to restrict the unit availability.

It looked like you only want them to get 1 of the jet Pack Marines every 60 seconds so you could just spawn them in instead of making everyone constantly check back at the tavern every 60 seconds to buy them anyways... that would get rid of the problem.

DiDdY

Reaction score
The problem with the unit availability change is it means they can't build or train that unit.

It doesn't mean they can't purchase the unit.

I couldn't think of a fix with how you have everyone purchase from the same tavern, and I think you need to have each player train the units they want from a building they control if you want to restrict the unit availability.

Yeah, I suppose I could do it with a 60 second unit cooldown.

It looked like you only want them to get 1 of the jet Pack Marines every 60 seconds so you could just spawn them in instead of making everyone constantly check back at the tavern every 60 seconds to buy them anyways... that would get rid of the problem.

But, I want it so they can only be avaliable for training after 100 kills has been reached. Doesn't matter now, I think I can fix it. Well I'll have a try and post back if it doesn't work.

However, with the hireable units thing, I was thinking of doing something like this:

Code:
Events
A unit is bought
Conditions
None
Actions
If / Then / Else
If
Unit-type of bought unit == tank
Number of tanks in playable map area == 2
Then
Kill bought unit
Set owner of bought unit gold to point value of bought unit

Then I'd repeat the If / Then / Else for every other unit. I'll try this once the terrain is done. ;)

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Code:
Events
A unit is bought
Conditions
None
Actions
If / Then / Else
If
Unit-type of bought unit == tank
Number of tanks in playable map area == 2
Then
Kill bought unit
Set owner of bought unit gold to point value of bought unit

Then I'd repeat the If / Then / Else for every other unit. I'll try this once the terrain is done. ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't use this, it ignores if you bought it or someone else, or is this map a SinglePlayer map? If no, is it normal that only 1 Player can have 1 Tank?

Code:
Max Units
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Limit training of Engineer Marine to 1 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Heavy Assault Unit (Alliance) to 2 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Assault Marine to 15 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Flamer Marine (Human) to 10 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Light Artillary Marine (Gnome) to 3 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of AT Marine (Dreani) to 10 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Rifle Marine to 15 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Sniper Marine to 3 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Repair Unit to 1 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Chaingun Marine (Human) to 5 for (Picked player)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Limit training of Engineer Marine (Undead) to 1 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Heavy Assault Unit to 2 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Assault Marine (Troll) to 15 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Flamer Marine to 10 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Light Artillary Marine to 3 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of AT Marine to 10 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Rifle Marine (Orc) to 15 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Sniper Marine (Orc) to 3 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Repair Unit (Goblin Horde) to 1 for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Chaingun Marine to 5 for (Picked player)

By the way isn't this a neverending loop?
Go to object Editor, go to your unit, switch to "Building Time".
Hold down shift and then double click the field. Fill in 0. LOL!

Code:
JetPackHordePick
    Events
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Jet Pack Marine
    Actions
        Wait 60.00 seconds

Anyways why don't you make the Maximum in stock 1 and after 60 seconds there is again 1. [Maximum Stock 1 prevents units from being multiple times avaible at the same time].

Code:
 AllianceHordeOnly
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
            Loop - Actions

Well ever heard of Technologie Tree?
Go to worldeditor then under Szenario and then Technologie Tree bla bla.
And set for every player what they can build/research etc.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, you've helped more than anyone on this forum. :D

By the way, if you put in 0 and click 'Okay' it resets back to 1, thats my point. LOL! Anyway, I'll try the techtree things and I might make a training barracks that spawns or something upon kills reaching 100.

Oh, and this is a multiplayer map. :eek:

Edit: The maximum stock thing, it wouldn't work because I need it to be for each player, not a whole team. Anyway, I'll do a barracks thing or something to the equivalant.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, you've helped more than anyone on this forum. :D

I know ^^'

By the way, if you put in 0 and click 'Okay' it resets back to 1, thats my point. LOL!

Not if you hold shift down and double click it then.

Anyway, I'll try the techtree things and I might make a training barracks that spawns or something upon kills reaching 100.

Yus good Idea.

EDIT: Check that!

IRNUBS.png

DiDdY

Reaction score
Aye, but if you do set it under 0 it still takes a second. Anyway, I think I'm just going to put it as -1000000 and you should be able to creat enough men in time, and even if you can't it stops you quick spamming.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.