A game like this exists?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I'm in need of a RPG (not MMORPG) game that is free and can be played online or at least in LAN.
Sounds kind of impossible, don't have too high expectations for this, but just thought maybe someone knows of one.
Thanks in Advance

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
so you want an RPG (not online) that can play online as well? The only game that comes to mind for me isn't online, but is a great game. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion took me a long time to beat the game. Perfect time consuming RPG if you are interesting even though it isn't online.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
He means it's online (you need teh internetz to play, or you can play it by LAN) but it's not a MMORPG (With like 2358323 people playing, like WoW, or Gunz, or Maplestory, etc.)

Rad

Reaction score
Hellgate London.

Or diablo/D2 :)

But neither of those are free

You can probrably get diablo and LOD for $20 now, though... I know theres alot of really old RPGs (dungeons and dragons etc) but not many. I really wish more games were like that.

I suggest you guys just download an emulator or something. Might not be allowed to talk about it here though

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Well there's Runescape..
It's free except if you become a member(a lot for features, if you're serious about he game you have to be on) for 5$ a month....

You probably know it anyway.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Well there's Runescape..
It's free except if you become a member(a lot for features, if you're serious about he game you have to be on) for 5$ a month....

You probably know it anyway.

Runescape... *shivers*

WoW grinding * 100 + LotRO grinding * 50 = Runescape grinding / 4.000

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
There's a browser-based RPG called the Kingdom of Loathing. It doesn't take itself too seriously and is entirely text-based. So maybe not what you're looking for exactly, but it does fill the criteria of "Online RPG".

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I don't really like browser games, they feel quite inferior to anything "external".
Besides, Runescape is a MMO.

Hellgate London seems quite promising though, I'll consider buying that if I don't find any free equivalent. Thanks Dax. :)

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I don't really like browser games, they feel quite inferior to anything "external".

Hellgate London seems quite promising though, I'll consider buying that if I don't find any free equivalent. Thanks Dax. :)

Cmon, Runescape isn't an MMO! Only 2000 people AT MOST in one server? Not crowded at all :rolleyes:

Go with Hellgate London OR the prelude game that the makers of Hellgate London used to help test their battle system, Mythos. Mythos (free btw) has a Diablo-style feel to it, but I like it better personally cause of the updated graphics and different ideas for abilities. Check it out here.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score

I will put in a good word for hellgate. Besides, I think there is a demo up for download on their site.

M

Moontraveler

The closest thing I can think of is called Mythos. (Basically Diablo 2.5 for free.)

M

Moontraveler

I'm in need of a RPG (not MMORPG) game that is free and can be played online or at least in LAN.
Sounds kind of impossible, don't have too high expectations for this, but just thought maybe someone knows of one.
Thanks in Advance

Well at least darkchaoself I suggested something closer to what he wanted. People were suggesting Hellgate: London and as far as I see it's not free...

Demi666

Reaction score
RAPPELZ , FLYFF , umm

WoW , Oblivion , runescape (sucks) and.. thats about it

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Try Lunia, It may open a different pespective for u lol

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Conquer online isn't a bad game for free, either...

A few of my friends are still into that as well, although it's more of an MMO.

http://www.conqueronline.com/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.