"A man named John McCain"

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
3 points here that I just have to say.

1) Though some may disagree if the war was justified or not, that does not take away the dutiful and courageous actions by Jon McCain. He deserves respect for that.

2) I am not very involved in Politics. TO tell the truth I don't care a huge deal yet because I cannot do much. My Parents are pretty damn intelligent though, and they support McCain. They don't dislike Obama, they just think McCain is the better choice. So McCain can't be all bad.

3) None of us here (Although I am making an assumption, so correct me if I'm wrong) have ever been senators, governors, or political leaders of a state or city, not to mention President. A lot of you guys here do probably know a lot about politics, the world, etc. but you don't know everything, so have an open mind.

Reread, sounds too formal, but whatev
Already commented on your poem man, but it was great and sounded just like you. I'll +rep you if I don't need to spread it around.
Oh, and I do agree that the government is not doing enough about some issues, especially the environment and Global Warming.

X

Xiandoz

Brilliant poem!
I must admit, usually when I find and read a poem posted on a gaming-related message board, I'm often left very disappointed. But I really enjoyed your poem.

I give you 5 gold stars and a little smiley face stamp on the back of your hand.

that does not take away the dutiful and courageous actions by Jon McCain. He deserves respect for that.

It is very easy to be courageous about something, when you are personally far removed from it.

Halahan

Reaction score
What do you mean exactly? He was in the midst of battle and taken prisoner for many years, where when asked if he would like to be released, he said no, because there were prisoners who had been there longer.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
n[u said:
ll]First off: He did NOT kill thousands of innocents.. It was a time of war, and he killed the communist enemy. You shouldn't distort the facts..

Jake, in this world, everyone is an enemy. Any way you look at it. Your best friend is an enemy. Your community is an enemy. Your co-workers are enemies. (Yes, that's how I look at everyone. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't have friends, just that they are also your enemies.)

As for the poem, I read the first couple stanzas.... I loved it.

And for the politics, can we at least settle on one point? Politics don't work because that's just the way it is. Emotion will always get in the way of Politics working. The governments function, but they don't work. If you get what I mean.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>Jake, in this world, everyone is an enemy. Any way you look at it. Your best friend is an enemy. Your community is an enemy. Your co-workers are enemies. (Yes, that's how I look at everyone. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't have friends, just that they are also your enemies.)

What a negative view of life. I don't have no enemies at all.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What do you mean exactly? He was in the midst of battle and taken prisoner for many years, where when asked if he would like to be released, he said no, because there were prisoners who had been there longer.

Actually he confessed and was let out early. Then, he locked the FBI papers about his release from curious family members of MIAs and KIAs. Read his autobiography and/or google the subject.

But, politics aside. Great poem.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
>Jake, in this world, everyone is an enemy. Any way you look at it. Your best friend is an enemy. Your community is an enemy. Your co-workers are enemies. (Yes, that's how I look at everyone. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't have friends, just that they are also your enemies.)

What a negative view of life. I don't have no enemies at all.
That is impossible to have no enemies.

Halahan

Reaction score
Jake, in this world, everyone is an enemy. Any way you look at it. Your best friend is an enemy. Your community is an enemy. Your co-workers are enemies. (Yes, that's how I look at everyone. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't have friends, just that they are also your enemies.)

You must have a very depressing life.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
What I liked about the poem is that you weren't for anyone, only against McCain.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Enemy:

1: one that is antagonistic to another ; especially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent
2: something harmful or deadly <alcohol was his greatest enemy>
3 a: a military adversary b: a hostile unit or force

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Yeah, OK buddy. There's always someone out there that wishes you harm or wants to beat you in some way, and you can't not count a definition.

Zakyath

Reaction score
okay, I don't have any people as enemies, happy? :p

what I meant was that I don't consider anyone my enemy. I don't know a single person that wish to harm me.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You may not consider anyone as your enemy, but there still are. You don't know for sure that you don't know a single person that wishes to harm you. Maybe your best friend is planning to break your bones right now?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.