TD A-Mazing-Towerdefense

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
A~Mazing~Towerdefense
Recently i looked through my warcraft III map folder and i found an old project of mine. a tower defense. i can hardly remember when i made this map but i know it was the first map i removed memory leaks at (yes when i made this map i havent even know what they are...).
However i liked the map very much and i thought i could upload it here although i never finished it yet. it is fully playable (120 rounds+) but may contain bugs and leaks though. Here some information:

General Map Info:
Players: 6
Gametype: Solo-Towerdefense
Difficulty: easy - very hard
Game Time: endless (about 2 hours till last level right now)
Towers: 9 main towers (each got 3 upgrade levels) / 1 Ultimate tower (you can only build 1 of them) and a structure to maze.
Creeps: Many creeps with different types for more challenge.
Unique features: i hope so
Leaksless: well, i havent looked through all of my triggers but i guess its leakless. however if anyone finds some leaks please dont hesitate to tell me.
GUI/Jass: all of my maps are in GUI i do not know much about Jass.
Team: all members of TheHelper.net of course, big credits to everyone who helped me here.

The Game:
when game is starting you will see a peacefull picture of 2 dwars killing defenseless animals. however you got 30 seconds to select your personal game settings now.
after modes has been set select your race, you got 1 minute till the first wave will spawn, take time to read the information about the race you select.
after you have choosen your race start building, remember to not block creeps nor to waste gold with useless structures.

Game Modes:
Each player can set his own game settings, right now the following settings are available:
-Lifes: Set the lifes you will start with.
-Difficulty: Set the live/armor/movement speed bonus which creeps will get each round.
-Spawn Time: set the time till the next round will start after you have killed all creeps.
-Item Drops: set the chance for creeps to drop items upon dead.
-Abilitys: [On/Off] select whether creeps will have abilitys (Divine Shield/Wind Walk/Evasion/Berserk) given randomly or not.
-Speed Bonus: [On/Off] Select whether all creeps will have additional movement speed or not.
-Bounty: [Loot/Bounty] Select your bounty type, either you get gold for killing a creep or at the end of a round. each mode has its pros/cons.
Score:
You get points for killin a creep, how many points you get for each kill depends on many values. the game settings [Difficulty/Lifes/Items/Abilitys/Speed Bonus] increase/decrease the points you get. the harder your game is the more you will get for killing a creep. higher rounds will also grant additional points.
Remember your score and try to beat yourself next time!

Races:
No i am not racist, but you can select your race at the start of the game. right now there are 4+3 races in this game. The 4 standart races: Human/Nightelf/Orc/Undead and the 3 bonus races Naga/Mercenary which are currently not finished.
Each race has different towers and offers a (more or less) different game play.
Human: humans can only build basic towers at start which cannot attack but can be upgraded into all the other towers of the human race. very usefull for mazing.
Nightelf: Nightelves got very cheap mazing structures. their towers are either structures or trees. trees got to be sown and upgraded into the different tree types. The nightelven townhall has hitpoints regeneration!
Orc: orcs got very powerfull towers which deal high damage, however many of their towers can only target ground units. The orcish builder can fight too!
Undead: undeads can only build towers on blight. to blight the ground they have got to build blight towers. a benefit is that creeps get damaged if they walk over blightened ground. the undead townhall can attack enemys!
[!New!]Joker: [Not balanced yet] The joker race can build random towers which will be morphed into a random tower of either the human/nightelf/orc or undead race. The joker race can also upgrade all upgrades of the Human/Nightelf/Orc and undead race. additionaly the joker race got the gambler tower (random damage + Crit +Bash (Air/Ground) and the Switcher which can be transformed into one of your current random towers.
[!New!]Naga: [Not balanced yet] The naga race has good anti air towers right at start (tidal guardians) and traps which can be used to deal high damage to ground units. Their ultimate "tower" is the tidal lord which can move and follow enemys. The naga race can see invisible units by using eyes of ocean which can be placed by the builder (skill).

Townhall:
Each player got a townhall depending on the choosen race. the townhall has got hitpoints, if the hitpoints drop till 0 the player has lost.
But the townhall itself got some abilitys as well. each townhall can research various very usefull upgrades for the game. some increase attack damage/attack speed/attack range/etc etc of your towers and some grant bonus abilitys which will make the game much easier.
The townhall can also upgrade to a higher level. the higher the level of your townhall, the more advanced towers you can build and the more advanced researches you can get.
[!] If you leak you lose lifes equal to the current hitpoints of a creep! that means if you leak 10 creeps with 2 hitpoints you lose much less lifes as if you leak 1 fully healed creep.

Items:
You can set item drop rates at start. the higher the drop rate is the less points you will get. however items can be very usefull in this game.
you can also build a merchant [Townhall upgrade] which allows you to a) sell items dropped by creeps b) trade resources c) buy one time castable bonus abilitys like damage boosts etc.

Creeps:
There are levels and rounds in this towerdefense. A level is 10 rounds. A round is 10 creeps.
there are 6 different creep types:
-Normal: normal creeps got additional hitpoints.
-Fast: fast creeps got additional movement speed.
-Armored: armored creeps got additional armor.
-Flying: flying creeps cannot be attacked by "only ground" towers.
-Invisible: invisible creeps are...well they are permanent invisible.
-Healing: healing creeps got hitpoint regeneration.
Each round creeps get bonus hitpoints/armor/movement speed depending on your settings.
Each level the individual skills of the creeps, as well as their movement speed and hitpoints are increased.
Each level you get more gold for killing a creep.
Each 2 levels the armor type of creeps does change. higher armor types take less damage from towers with weak attack types.

Towers:
what to say about the towers? well there are many.
maybe not "that" many as in other towerdefenses but i think i have got enough.
there are 4 levels of towers:
-Level 1: level one towers can be build at start. they are good against start creeps but weak against stronger ones.
-Level 2: you need a townhall level 2 to build these towers. they are stronger as level 1 towers.
-Level 3: as you might think you need a townhall level 3 to build those towers and they are even stronger.
-Level 4: the ultimate tower can only be build once by each player. it takes much gold and lumber and needs a townhall level 3 and the specific research for this tower. the ultimate tower is really powerfull!
level 1 - 3 got 3 different towers. each of them can be upgraded 2 times. (3 levels) each upgrade increases its specific abilitys.
not as in other towerdefenses in this game variety is an important factor. you have got to build different tower types to defeat the different types of enemys. even low level towers can be very usefull in late games because of some of their abilitys. think twice how to combine their strengths and weaknesses for best effect.

Resources:
after a round (or after each kill depending on settings) you will get gold. gold is used to build towers and to buy items.
each round you will get 1 lumber. lumber is used to buy upgrades in the townhall.
each round you get 1 - 2 food. each tower does need food to be build.
Your builder can sell the last created building for 100% if you missplaced it.
each tower can be sold for 75% payback.
[The mercenary race is a bit different, i think you will notice yourself.]

for suggestions/bug reports/ideas or critic just leave a comment in this thread and i will certainly answer as fast as possible.
i plead you to not host this map on B-Net while its not finished yet. Its fully single player playable.
Sorry for not posting screenshots but i think they are not that needed for a TD.

I have beaten this game with all 4 standart races right now. maybe some seem easier as others but it depends on how you play with them. each does need an other tactic. check them out!

What is coming:
-new races! (after i finished the old ones of course)
-Bosses / damage testers
-More rounds (maybe?)
-More game settings (game modes?)
-some of your ideas (i hope so!)

greatings Accname.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
~<This Post is reserved for Updates>~

What Am I Looking For?
I ll tell you:
-Item Ideas.
-Race Ideas. (Upgrades/Townhall/Builder/Models. please post as much information as possible)
-Creep Types
-Game Modes
-Game Settings
-Everything you think would fit to this game

of course i ll give +Rep and Credits for good ideas.

Game's Tips and Tricks
-Attack speed boost items (gem of haste/assassin's mitten/etc) increase speed by %, if you give it to a slow tower the effect will be bigger as giving it to a fast tower.
-Damage boost items should be given to towers with critical strikes for a bigger bonus.
-crit and stun items should be given to towers with fast attack speed.
-towers which do not deal damage but buff enemys do always target creeps which havent got the buff already!
-towers which grant negative buffs and damage creeps as well do not target creeps without the buff, order them manually to attack different creeps. (ancient of war for example)
-you can build a tower next to the creeps and sell it after the creeps have passed it for 100% pay back. a great benefit.
-anti air towers are very effective, use them together with the trick above to survive air rounds easier.
-give items like rocket launcher/flame whip/etc to towers which can target only Air/ground to make them at least a little usefull against creeps they cannot attack.
-sell food if you dont use it after your maze is finished!
-think twice which upgrade will be most usefull for you before researching it!
-sometimes its better to upgrade a tower, sometimes its better to build another one.
-splash damage towers are less effective against fast rounds. beware!
-keep trying the game, one day even you will be able to get to the 120 level!

->Hall of Fame<-
-BloodCount: Score of 400-500

Version 0.06
Changelog:
-fixed minor typos/grammar
-fixed some arts
-added Joker race!
-fixed minor bugs
-balance fixes
(dont ask what exactly i have changed i have already forgotten it myself @_@)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I like it.It is the best TD i have played.I'd love to desighn some races or(and) game modes.So..can i join?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hah its the best you have ever played? and this was just lazing around in my folder...

well of course! post some ideas here and i ll add them when i got time. by the way i am already working on a newer race, please comment:
Joker Race:
The Joker race focus is luck. they can build random towers of other races or their own towers with very incalculable damage.
RandomTower 1: Build a random level 1 tower of either human/nightelf/orc or undead race. (Costs 25g)
RandomTower 2: Build a random level 2 tower of either human/nightelf/orc or undead race. (Costs 75g)
RandomTower 3: Build a random level 3 tower of either human/nightelf/orc or undead race. (Costs 175g)
Gambler Tower 1: Does very uncalculable damage. damage 1-50 (Upgrades 5% crit double damage / 5% stun)
Gambler Tower 2: Does very uncalculable damage. damage 1-125 (Upgrades 5% crit double damage / 5% stun)
Gambler Tower 3: Does very uncalculable damage. damage 1-250 (Upgrades 5% crit double damage / 5% stun)
Trickster: Havent thought about it yet...
[No Name Yet] Does deal huge damage, got 50% chance to heal the target instead of damaging it.
Switcher Tansform this tower to any other of your towers. (No joker allowed)
Joker: [Ultimate] Doesnt deal any damage. got a chance of 5% to kill a creep instantly.

Upgrades:
Upgrade Set Human Upgrade all human basic upgrades.
Upgrade Set Nightelf Upgrade all nightelf basic upgrades.
Upgrade Set Orc Upgrade all orc basic upgrades.
Upgrade Set Undead Upgrade all undead basic upgrades.
(Basic upgrades are damage/range/speed increase etc.)
Skill Set Human Upgrade all human skill upgrades.
Skill Set Nightelf Upgrade all nightelf skill upgrades.
Skill Set Orc Upgrade all orc skill upgrades.
Skill Set Undead Upgrade all undead skill upgrades.
(Skill upgrades are all upgrades needed for bonus abilitys as poison of nightelf or crit for arcane towers.)
Upgrade Townhall hitpoint bonus of 500 (not 250 like other races) and level 2/3 towers available.)
Market the market is available.
Joker enables the construction of the joker tower.
Luck increase the damage of all gambler towers.

leave comments about the joker race as well as for everything else on this game please. (also typos and bad grammar.)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
hah its the best you have ever played? and this was just lazing around in my folder...

well of course! post some ideas here and i ll add them when i got time. by the way i am already working on a newer race, please comment:
Joker Race:
The Joker race focus is luck. they can build random towers of other races or their own towers with very incalculable damage.
RandomTower 1: Build a random level 1 tower of either human/nightelf/orc or undead race. (Costs 25g)
RandomTower 2: Build a random level 2 tower of either human/nightelf/orc or undead race. (Costs 75g)
RandomTower 3: Build a random level 3 tower of either human/nightelf/orc or undead race. (Costs 175g)
Gambler Tower 1: Does very uncalculable damage. damage 1-50 (Upgrades 5% crit double damage / 5% stun)
Gambler Tower 2: Does very uncalculable damage. damage 1-125 (Upgrades 5% crit double damage / 5% stun)
Gambler Tower 3: Does very uncalculable damage. damage 1-250 (Upgrades 5% crit double damage / 5% stun)
Trickster: Havent thought about it yet...
[No Name Yet] Does deal huge damage, got 50% chance to heal the target instead of damaging it.
Switcher Tansform this tower to any other of your towers. (No joker allowed)
Joker: [Ultimate] Doesnt deal any damage. got a chance of 5% to kill a creep instantly.

Upgrades:
Upgrade Set Human Upgrade all human basic upgrades.
Upgrade Set Nightelf Upgrade all nightelf basic upgrades.
Upgrade Set Orc Upgrade all orc basic upgrades.
Upgrade Set Undead Upgrade all undead basic upgrades.
(Basic upgrades are damage/range/speed increase etc.)
Skill Set Human Upgrade all human skill upgrades.
Skill Set Nightelf Upgrade all nightelf skill upgrades.
Skill Set Orc Upgrade all orc skill upgrades.
Skill Set Undead Upgrade all undead skill upgrades.
(Skill upgrades are all upgrades needed for bonus abilitys as poison of nightelf or crit for arcane towers.)
Upgrade Townhall hitpoint bonus of 500 (not 250 like other races) and level 2/3 towers available.)
Market the market is available.
Joker enables the construction of the joker tower.
Luck increase the damage of all gambler towers.

leave comments about the joker race as well as for everything else on this game please. (also typos and bad grammar.)

Like the race.Here are my sugjestions for the trickster tower:
1 there is a 12% chance that he will charm the creeo
2 there is a 25% chanve that he will make a copy of the crrep he atacks
3 the atack does one of the following- kills the unit, turns it into a sckeleton.Stuns it for 3 secs, does 150dmg; makes the unit explode on death, nothing at all

EDIT: i have started a new race, i am going to play this map in headoff now, shall post the race later(or tommorow)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
I would be glad to help you in checking the triggers for leaks, bugs and more efficient ways to deal with them. I can also help develop the races.

(Hey, we're a team again!)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the third idea sounds interesting.
how about: 10%(Do nothing) 20%(Extra Damage) 15%(Explode on death) 15%(slow) 10%(AoE Slow) 15%(Aoe Damage) 7.5%(Heal the creep) 5%(speed bonus) 2.5%(gold bonus)

killing/transform is too powerfull, there are only 10 creeps on the field and the ultimate already does so.
stun is already used for the random towers.

another add to the random towers could be that they give random 0-2 gold each time they kill a unit. first of all the jokers towers are expensive and it would make them more usefull.

thanks for you help

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Tested the map with max players.And it was awsome!I got beaen for a change.There is one thing thoug.Why not add medals to the towers.Like if one tower kills 10 units he gets a medal(25% bonys dmg) the second is for 20 kills and gives 50% and so on unitl 125% bunys dmg.

And yeah, your idea sounds better.Also, i think that you shloud make the undead a bit stronger(or atleast hte spirit towers)

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Nice, if you need help I can do everything and I have time. ;):thup:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i have already thought of the idea to count kills of towers for benefits like damage/attack speed boosts but
a) its been used in many other tower defenses already
b) i got the hero towers of mercenarys
c) maybe i ll add an other race later which got this ability

i think i ll need more item ideas, maybe even more creep ideas.
of course i ll credit everyone who is willing to help!

for the undeads. in the first versions they were imbalanced like hell, but maybe now they are too weak. i ll boost the spirit towers a little bit.

Added a "Tipps and Tricks" list to the second post, please post your own tipps and tricks for newcomers after playing this game and i ll add them!

what am i looking for now? what are you supposed to post in this thread? i ll tell you!
-bug reporst (if you see any remember and post them here)
-typos/bad grammar with correction please (english is not my native language)
-item ideas? POST THEM! i need many more.
-ideas for new creep types? unique? challenging? give it a try, i ll give credits and +Rep for help
-new races? please post, i need more but remember, they have got to have different towers with 3 attack types. an ultimate tower with chaos. unique ideas. a townhall with upgrades (at least 10!) and some description.
-ideas to improve current towers/creeps/other stuff? tell me and i ll think about your suggestion for sure.
-you know a mega uber super cool game mode? post here and i ll add it if you are right!
-game settings for a more challenging game? tell me i ll add it for sure.
-ideas on how to make the game more interesting. something unique but funny of course!

thanks in advance

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
yes i have already thought of the idea to count kills of towers for benefits like damage/attack speed boosts but
a) its been used in many other tower defenses already
b) i got the hero towers of mercenarys
c) maybe i ll add an other race later which got this ability

i think i ll need more item ideas, maybe even more creep ideas.
of course i ll credit everyone who is willing to help!

for the undeads. in the first versions they were imbalanced like hell, but maybe now they are too weak. i ll boost the spirit towers a little bit.

Added a "Tipps and Tricks" list to the second post, please post your own tipps and tricks for newcomers after playing this game and i ll add them!

what am i looking for now? what are you supposed to post in this thread? i ll tell you!
-bug reporst (if you see any remember and post them here)
-typos/bad grammar with correction please (english is not my native language)
-item ideas? POST THEM! i need many more.
-ideas for new creep types? unique? challenging? give it a try, i ll give credits and +Rep for help
-new races? please post, i need more but remember, they have got to have different towers with 3 attack types. an ultimate tower with chaos. unique ideas. a townhall with upgrades (at least 10!) and some description.
-ideas to improve current towers/creeps/other stuff? tell me and i ll think about your suggestion for sure.
-you know a mega uber super cool game mode? post here and i ll add it if you are right!
-game settings for a more challenging game? tell me i ll add it for sure.
-ideas on how to make the game more interesting. something unique but funny of course!

thanks in advance

Game Modes- Go to hell! - when you kill a creep there is a 30% that he will revive
Player vs player- there will be no waves.Just one.I'd Rather do the spawning trigger here.Anyway, evry creep you kill will spawn at another player.(you choose the players)
Blood Bath- again no waves, you must be the first dude to get 30 kills moore then the one behind you(like you have 60 he has 30, you win)

Accname, this doesn't mean that you quit from Bash of the Wizzards, right?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i had already thought of some kind of reincarnation for the creeps, maybe i gonna use it.
and i had already thought of adding the player vs player mode to the game but somehow i forgot about it, thanks for reminding me.
hm the blood bath idea is good, thank you.

Offtopic:of course not, i made this map months ago. i am still working on the systems for your map.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I found 2 spelling mistaces. It is Altar, not Altair, altiar is a hog in arabian or somthing.Second the human arcane towers are arcan.Although this mmight be on purpose.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, fixed in the uprade.

Update 0.06 is out! new race, the Joker implemented. please test it and leave comments for balancing.
by the way, has anyone tested the mercenary race yet? need feedback about it too.

Check out the second post!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Tested the map.Undead are stil weak.The merceneries must be a lot weaker.The Joker race is well tought BUT the towers that do 0-100 dmg must be weaker.I went on a mass of these babys and i beated evrything whit an ease.Also, i have a new mode for you- Greed Is Good- the first player to kill all of the creeps will get 10% of the other player's gold.The second will get 5% and the third 3&. Also think over the modes i sugjested- usually i don't play td's beckause althoug i am a huge team player i always like to have the PvP option.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hm hm. ok yeah the gambler towers are maybe a bit too strong, but 0-100 sounds good, i dont want to change it xD

and ye the undead towers might be a bit weak but they got a decent slow tower just at start, though i should increase the power of the ghost towers even more.

however for your new game mode. the problem is i dont want any player to get more gold then others. right now every player is getting the exact same amount of gold as each other does. (exept items which can be sold, gambler towers or bounty game mode) that means no on will be better because he had luck at start and got more gold as anyone else. also it might be unfair if for example the last player got no gold left while others got some, he wont lose any. but a nice idea +Rep.

Edit: for the gambler towers, how about this:
-i change them to cost 3 food instead of 1 so they cannot get massed that easy and i remove the bonus gold when killing an enemy (for fairness)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well....come to think of it it does sound rather unfair.And...how about this- The Gate to hell- after an XXX amount of waves creeps will spawn like crazy!The last player standing wins.(the first waves are to build up your maze and towers.Then Armagedon comes)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
ye, maybe. already thought about a "mass creep" mode where the creeps spawn infinite but with more time between each creep spawn.
like it starts spawning a creep every 0.75 seconds and it will never stop until you are down. (when you reach another round after about 10 seconds the creep type will change of course)

By The Way: Has everyone yet played "very hard" creep mode? is it ok how it is? not too weak, not too strong?
please post some replies like scores etc for me, i just wanna know how far you got.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I can make a replay for you if you want...anyway my best core was about 4--(438 i think but not sure)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Towers should not have food. Well, based on my opinion anyway. But I'll test your map first and see what I think about it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.