A reason to quit WoW

punwisp

Reaction score

Seriously? I get hurt on long falls, when sit on a campfire, WHEN I SWIM IN LAVA.

Yet I am standing on this huge ass sawblade, with the blade pretty much on my groin, of which this saw is likely very sharp...Well LOOK!

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I already quit wow ;P

That saw looks like it needs to be anti-aliased a little bit.

Jayezor

Reaction score

LOL

punwisp said:
Seriously? I get hurt on long falls, when sit on a campfire, WHEN I SWIM IN LAVA.

Yet I am standing on this huge ass sawblade, with the blade pretty much on my groin, of which this saw is likely very sharp...Well LOOK!
I quit wow, its nonsense!

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
WoW was fun, but certain things pissed me off.

1) Occasional 'WTF" things like that sawblade not hurting you.
2) The best aspects of the game are restricted to people who devote their lives to it. (Nihilum, Death&Taxes, etc)

Now I'm not saying Endgame raiding should be beatable by idiots who don't know how to name their own freaking hunter pet, but still. Some of the new stuff in the upcoming expansion looked impressive to me, but I'd still rather wait for WoW to end development (I mean, seriously - Illidian is dead, Arthas is gone, and now Deathwing is about to take a fall. What's left after that? The freaking Titan gods? It's going to end sooner or later, no matter how popular it is) and for Blizz to kick up Warcraft IV

quraji

zap
Reaction score

2) The best aspects of the game are restricted to people who devote their lives to it. (Nihilum, Death&Taxes, etc)

Now I'm not saying Endgame raiding should be beatable by idiots who don't know how to name their own freaking hunter pet, but still. Some of the new stuff in the upcoming expansion looked impressive to me, but I'd still rather wait for WoW to end development (I mean, seriously - Illidian is dead, Arthas is gone, and now Deathwing is about to take a fall. What's left after that? The freaking Titan gods? It's going to end sooner or later, no matter how popular it is) and for Blizz to kick up Warcraft IV

>1) Occasional 'WTF" things like that sawblade not hurting you.

That's what RL is for.

>2) The best aspects of the game are restricted to people who devote their lives to it. (Nihilum, Death&Taxes, etc)

Not true (unless you consider world firsts and that type of thing the best aspects).

>It's going to end sooner or later, no matter how popular it is

There are three things for sure in life: death, taxes, and WoW.

Oninuva

Reaction score

Blizzard will release new MMO :thup:

mylemonblue

Reaction score
<<Not true (unless you consider world firsts and that type of thing the best aspects).>>
That's hard for me to explain. At least logically anyway. For starters, I can't be satisfied unless I've seen everything. Especially something that would reveal more of the lore/world. Not being able to go into the BLack Temple or AQ40 was a big issue to me when I was playing the game, but as I'm typing this I actually feel it's less important. I dunno really. It's like it comes and goes =/
(Anyway, when I was typing that message I had the Arena and Endgame in mind :p )

<<Blizzard will release new MMO>>
And that would be? It would either have to be pre-Warcraft I, or something entirely different (Like a Starcraft MMO... O gawd... o_O)
Honestly I hope they shoot for a WCIV or something.

I miss the netherdrake... I want to snuggle with it and it will be mine... My little draggie...

Oninuva

Reaction score
Warcraft IV is most likely planned for after Diablo III, maybe more info will be released after Starcraft II / Cataclysm launch. But as Lobster said, the next MMO will be completly new.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
I still don't really understand how a Warcraft MMO would be able to be made new, unless it happened pre-WCI. It'd be more likely to be a Starcraft MMO. WHich might be... Kind of cool I think. Maybe. o_O

Anyway.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Funny. I played for 6-8 months right when it came out. and then agein for 2-3 months. It took to long for me to do stuff with freinds. That and Long Rides to anywhere. Other wise loved it.

Oninuva

Reaction score
I still don't really understand how a Warcraft MMO would be able to be made new, unless it happened pre-WCI. It'd be more likely to be a Starcraft MMO. WHich might be... Kind of cool I think. Maybe. o_O

Anyway.

"the next MMO will be completely new"

NuQ

Reaction score
The reason i quit WoW:

I bought the game right when it came out, Spent a lot of time getting to level 60, doing the quest lines to get my epic warlock mount... Joined a decent end game raiding guild and spent countless hours waiting for my gear to drop in molten core and blackwing lair. Then, the first expansion was released... Within an hour of questing in the outlands i had completely replaced all of my gear with green items i had received from questing.

I wasn't about to do it all again, knowing that they would inevitabally release another expansion and my character would just become completely obsolete again.

Oninuva

Reaction score
The reason i quit WoW:

I bought the game right when it came out, Spent a lot of time getting to level 60, doing the quest lines to get my epic warlock mount... Joined a decent end game raiding guild and spent countless hours waiting for my gear to drop in molten core and blackwing lair. Then, the first expansion was released... Within an hour of questing in the outlands i had completely replaced all of my gear with green items i had received from questing.

I wasn't about to do it all again, knowing that they would inevitabally release another expansion and my character would just become completely obsolete again.

Would it make sense to make a game where expansions don't provide better or harder content, but just have new lands with quests? many people won't do the quests if it wasn't for leveling.

NuQ

Reaction score
Of course no one would continue questing if they didn't increase the level cap... that can't be avoided. it's essential to the game.

Which is exactly why i decided not to waste any more of my time and money on it. I don't feel like i've been cheated or anything... just that i know better, now.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If an expansion came out that raised the level cap to some insane level like 200 and provided no additional questing so you had to grind to that level, I`d buy it.

Also, your character should not gain stats as he levels, but gear should add stats. All naked characters should have the same power.

Cyrus

Reaction score
I quit WoW for a few reasons:

Good: The multiplayer aspects of WoW (where you get to play with your friends) can be incredibly entertaining.
Bad: The multiplayer aspects of WoW require a tremendous amount of time from both you and all of your friends. So, if you don't have as much free time as they do (like me), they leave you in the dust and you can no longer play with them because you're gear isn't good enough.

Good: WoW has an incredibly long play "lifetime". You could be playing it for literally years and still find yourself entertained.
Bad: Costs about $15 a month to play.

Good: If you're soloing, you can play when you want and get off when you want.
Bad: If you're grouping, you can only play when everyone else wants and only get off when everyone else is ready to get off (unless you enjoy /gkicks).

Good: You can always count on having the ability to make your character stronger, better, and faster!
Bad: You will always have to make your character stronger, better, and faster.

Good: You can have mind-blowingly fun fights when fully-utilizing crowd control and kiting methods to fighting the mobs! (Yay for classic WoW).
Bad: Nobody does that anymore because it's sooo much slower than AoE (boring) tanking.

To sum it up for me personally, I only play because I can also play with my brother and cousin. They both have no jobs and don't go to school, but I do. So, they left me in the dust and were so bored with the content I was on that they never wanted to come back and help me. So, I quit and picked up on playing Borderlands... at least for a while.

Corleone

Reaction score
I've played WoW for quite some time ( on the server "Vashj" ). Overal, Vanilla WoW was by far the most enjoyable game I've ever played. It used to take ages to get gear, but once you had it you had a rewarding feeling of satisfaction. For instance, it took me about 4 or 5 months to get my Magister's gear ( after which I could upgrade it to Sorcerer's ), but once I had everything I felt bad-ass.

The instances were absolutely awesome. Doing the 45 minute Baron run was one of the coolest things I've ever done in a game. The planning, the practice runs, the stress about whether you'd be able to make it in time... amazing!

Then The Burning Crusade was announced. I decided to take my leave from WoW, since I felt reluctant to work so hard getting all kinds of items knowing that they would become obsolete rather soon. About half a year later a friend caught me on MSN and told me about how cool the expansion was. In Caverns of Time you had the option to meet characters like Thrall, Medivh, and other important figures. Flying mounts seemed awesome at the time. I was also curious about the new dungeons.

I had quite some fun with The Burning Crusade. The new dungeons were enjoyable, and the quests were fun. My old guild had become a small raiding guild ( mainly doing Karazhan ) and I enjoyed exploring the new regions of Azeroth and Outland. It wasn't until level 67 that I replaced all of my gear with new items ( mostly due to nostalgia ).

Unfortunately my guild fell apart because several core members decided that they'd rather join a big raiding guild. Only a few good friends were left in there, and it was only a matter of weeks before I decided to seek my fortune elsewhere ( namely in Aeternum Vale ). However, after clearing Karazhan, Gruul's Lair and venturing into Tempest Keep I began losing interest in the game. The guild simply wasn't as fun to hang out with as the old guild, hence again I took my leave from WoW, after a short period of intense raiding. The flying mounts ruined the whole exploration aspect of the game. They allowed you to go from one side of the continent to the other in no time. I rarely saw any of the beautiful ground terrain once I had my Netherdrake and the world felt tiny. Furthermore, I really missed doing all the level 60 content...

Then, over a year later, Wrath of the Lich king caught my attention. I wasn't really playing anything else at the time, so I figured I might as well give it a go and see what the fuss is all about. Have to say that while there were many great things about this expansion there were things I didn't really like. For instance, the dungeons were fun to do, but they had become far too easy. The guild I was in ( Ad Victoriam ) was full of idiots with only a handful of people who knew what they were doing. During a 10 man Ulduar raid, at General Vezax, I single handedly dealt 2 million damage, whereas most others were slacking... Can't say it's a very enjoyable experience to work with people who don't know what they're doing.

Nevertheless, even this guild was able to clear Ulduar. The game had taken away any form of challenge. Gear was now extremely easily obtainable by anybody through the token system. This system kind of ruined the game for me. I preferred farming things for a long time so that once you had it you had achieved something ( like getting the Magister's set ) in the game. Thus, again, I decided to take my leave.

And here I am now, waiting for Cataclysm to come out. Oh, I wonder how this game will turn out. So far it's been getting less enjoyable with every expansion, so I doubt it will enchant me as Vanilla WoW did...

So, overall, would I recommend this game to anyone? Absolutely. But it's a shame Vanilla WoW isn't around any more...

Seprest

Reaction score

yeah wtf are those big things on it, ewww, aa b4 it hurts my eyes

On another note, OP is right, I loved vanilla WoW, I have like 100 screenshots from when I got my epic ground mount o_O

It was truely a world to get lost in, find lil secrets and whatnot. Maybe it's because I raided a bit more in BC and WOTLK, but the game just seems like... some kind vicious cyle of getting gear to beat out your friends. Every patch they lower the standards for getting gear ect, people skip all content before ToC 10m and have not the slightest idea of wtf most old game references mean. Imo is started in TBC when they made keys for heroic instances available at honored(previously revered, so you had to actually run an instance more than once). Quality control in the "epic feeling" department kind of went down after that. Nice new textures, fun to look at... but tbh I just don't find many things enjoyable. ICC was a horrible dissapointment (havn't done LK, but have done first 2 wings + some), bosses have a "ok it's a tank and spank, what can we add to hide it". Gunship battle, ok, it's not even that great, spam cannons at shit and some guys in the back of the other ship... All raids available in 10/25 version? How can 10 people take on icc, raid standardization is just poor. Doing the challenging things in old wow, like barron runs and getting to the last boss of BRD(lighting giant pyres in a room full of fast respawning mobs anyone?). To get your first epic was amazing, I never once felt like I sucked if I wasn't raiding at least close to the top-tier content. It nearly drives me to play RUNESCAPE o_O, which I had some fun times on as a member... But I can't deny that I will activate my account when Catclsm comes out, I hope that they don't give out all the freeby gear, they don't make each tier of content have 25% better stats than the previous... put low ilvl epics in heroics, plz no more toc gear in 5 man instances with all copy/pasted bosses and horrible attempts at plot progression (that went out the door when they made the cinematic that plays when you kill arthas accesible by clicking a thing in the MIDDLE of dalaran)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.