feelingparty

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why does wc crash when i use this:
Trigger:
  • ResourseLumber
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Destructible-type of (Target destructible of issued order)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Attack (Target destructible of issued order)

laxperson808

Reaction score
Peasnts cant att trees.. if you look at there combat targets destructibls/debris arnt check.. if u want them 2 harvest try this
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Target unit of issued order) to Harvest (Target destructible of issued order)

feelingparty

Reaction score
No I don't want it to harvest. And no I have debris checked and the peasant originally has it checked. Combat Attack 1 - Units allowed - Ground, Structure, Debris, Item, Ward

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why does wc crash when i use this:
Infinite loop: the trigger runs when a unit is given an order targeting a destructable, and you are giving the unit such an order in the actions, causing the trigger to run itself over and over, freezing WC3.

You could either filter out the "attack" order in your conditions, or you could turn the trigger off before giving the order and on again afterward.

laxperson808

Reaction score
Well see i wonder about an infinate loop.. becuase when i have
Unit enters region (x)
move unit to region (y)

Unit enters region (y)
move unit to region (x)

It creates a loop were unit keeps moving back and forth but that doesnt cuase game 2 crash?

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Well in that example there is a delay. The next command isnt executed until you have finished the first. i.e. Your unit wont be ordered to go back to region x until he has left region y.

But in the first it is just a constant loop. A unit attacks, and this causes it to be ordered to attack, which causes it to be ordered to attack, which causes it to be ordered to attack, which causes it to be ordered to attack (you get the point). So once this happens enough the game crashes.

Also, this trigger seems absolutely pointless...

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Weep is correct. This is an infinite loop.

If you tell us what the trigger is supposed to accomplish, then we can help you make it *not* be an infinite loop.

feelingparty

Reaction score
I figured this one from what Weep said but something was wrong with my internet and i couldn't post. Anyway thanx and sorry for the obvious question.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.