A small idea, need help...

M

MysterySoul

Hi!

Yes, it's been a long while and now i am back, interested in all this again.
Still a bit clueless though... But i have a thought for my own creativity...

How can i add the burning damage effect of Immolation to an ability that is not is similiar? For isntance, Mana Burn?

Denegoth

Reaction score
If you mean what i think, spawn a dummy unit and order it to cast immolation at target of mana burn ability..?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
well, i dont get what you actually want. The firebrun effect on manabrun would look pretty stupid. But where you want it to be? on caster? on target? as shoot animation?

H

HeroSpawn

Well if your thinking what I think your thinking, your probably going to have to specify what ability it is in condtions, otherwise it will not work. What I would do is Select the Event as "Unit Begins Casting An Ability" OR anything that would link to that. Then specify the Conditon to the Ability as Equal to True. Then finally as the action take the model of the ability and chain it to ability you are trying to use with the model. It should work, but you will have to the find the conditions yourself :p Because I haven't even done those. :D

M

MysterySoul

Well, i want Mana Burn to cause the target to burn slowly for a moment,
like Immolation does to melee attackers of the caster, not deal damage equal to to the target's mana.

I would also have Searing Arrow (On/Off) to not only dead bonsu fire damage, but also to make enemies burn for a moment, like Mana Burn.

Want target to look like it burns.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Why immolation? Why not "Doom"? It burns a unit over X seconds.. Or "Soul Burn"? And just change the art to whatever? OR when you cast mana burn, have a dummy unit cast "SoulBurn".. and maybe cahnge the art to Immolation or something, whatever you prefer.
Cheerio

M

MysterySoul

Ok, so how i do it?

Mana Burn
- Burns target's X mana
- Target "burn" for a X seconds, taking damage (not mana)
- The visual; burning (art?)

Searing Arrow
- When activated, each arrow burn X mana
- The Visual burning (art?)

How do i do this? I'm still new...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.