Reaction score
If i had a trigger like:

Untitled Trigger 002
Code:
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked

Conditions

Actions
Set Attack_Percent = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                My_Variable Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing 0.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
            Else - Actions

If - Conditions
                My_Variable Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
            Else - Actions

If - Conditions
                My_Variable Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
            Else - Actions

If - Conditions
                My_Variable Equal to 4
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
            Else - Actions

If - Conditions
                My_Variable Equal to 5
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Attacking unit)
            Else - Actions

I want to know a few things. First is: will it work? Second is: is there any way to take a units attack damage, store it in a variable/add it to a trigger then add 20 damage to it (for a critical hit) Third is:will this affect every unit and if it does what would happen if, say 50 units attacked at once. Last question, how do you edit a units health, because editing the base health doesn't seem to do anything.

If you have a better trigger please post. Thanks in advance, tbjl2006

Z

Zell

Please, please, please! Use CODE tags, QUOTE tags are horrendous for code. To add damage, you don't need to store it (only if you wanted to add a percent of the damage a unit deals). Just use "Unit - Damage Target". And No, the trigger will only work for 3 and 4. "Is attacked" happens after the damage, so ordering it to attack will make it attack again. The action for 1 does nothing, "Unit - Damage Target" is extra damage, the attack already deals some. And 5 only works if the hero has Storm Bolt. Look in the Index for dummy caster tutorials. And yes, it will work for everyone (MUI). Triggers get queued, and they only go one by one. The thing that stops triggers from being MUI is waits (for the most part).

tbjl2006

Reaction score
Anyone have an easier way to do this? I want their to be a chance to get a critical hit, a chance to stun, a chance to miss, and a chance to hit regular.

Z

Zell

The only thing that would be hard is the missing. Everything else is simple.

I

IKilledKEnny

What Zell says but change this:

Code:
            If - Conditions
                My_Variable Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
            Else - Actions

To:

Code:
            If - Conditions
                My_Variable Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Do Nothing
            Else - Actions

tbjl2006

Reaction score
So IKilledKenny that would be miss? And is their anyways to add buffs i cant find a action to do that.

Z

Zell

And is their anyways to add buffs i cant find a action to do that.
Use a dummy caster to cast a blank Inner Fire or Curse (depending on the type of buff you want (I.E. negative or positive)) with the buff you want.

Z

Zell

No, that would simply stop the unit from attacking twice the same target when a 2 is rolled.
You wouldn't even need that entire If... it's just a waste of space. You need to understand something tbjl. "A unit is attacked" trips when a unit attacks something, means it is already hit and the damage is already done. By using "Unit - Damage Target" you are only doing more damage. Since you've already hit you enemy, there is no easy way of doing a miss (the only one that comes to mind will not always work). I suggest just having this as an active skill, that way you can just "do nothing" for when it misses.

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
"A unit is attacked" trips when a unit attacks something, means it is already hit and the damage is already done.

This is not true, "a unit is attacked" triggers when the attacking unit starts his attack animation, it can be exploited by pressing stop really fast. Just wanted to point that out, seems many people are unaware of this.

L

lordpredator

Anyone have an easier way to do this? I want their to be a chance to get a critical hit, a chance to stun, a chance to miss, and a chance to hit regular.

maybe you can have it done without triggers at all.. you give all the units evation of X%, all the units critical hit and stun, with the chance you want (if you make a trigger like the one you did, the chance will be the same for all = 100 / QUANTITY CHANCES, in this example = 20%). The only donwside is the posibility a unit stunts and critical hit in the same attack... but if the chance of them is low... there is less posibilities it ocurrs... and i don´t see it as a problem at all... after all... if you critical hit something... you can stunt it too...

what i don´t remember is how to hide the abilities... but im pretty sure it can be done

LP

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score

omg... make an ABILITY! You know how some units have a passive ability called Critical Strike? Well we just need to alter it to instead give stun then make another one with miss and we're done..... regular attack is..... well regular attack. This does take up a lot of space though. I would just add one ability that actually does nothing, A.K.A. a dummy spell/ability, and then do the actual stuff with triggers.

L

lordpredator

This does take up a lot of space though. I would just add one ability that actually does nothing, A.K.A. a dummy spell/ability, and then do the actual stuff with triggers.

but it can be archived only with passive skills... something like bash + drunken brawler and there you got all 4 types of attack (normal, stun, critical, and evade -miss-), what i don´t know is how to hide that abilities, but i think that they hide automatically when you learn more abilities because they are passive... someone know?

LP

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.