World A very muscular brand of Christianity: Jesus Christ now has a makeover.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Jesus-007.jpg

When you hear the name Jesus, is the first image that comes to mind a dewy-eyed pretty boy with flowing locks? If so, think again. After 2,000 years, the Messiah is getting a makeover.

This time he's less "gentle Jesus, meek and mild" and more of a kick-ass action hero – a Chuck Norris in sandals.

No more cissy Kumbaya stuff. In this testosterone-fuelled theology, the Saviour finally has the rippling biceps he would have developed as a carpenter from a working-class home in Nazareth.

The macho Jesus movement has been bolstered by books like No More Mr Christian Nice Guy and The Church Impotent – the Feminisation of Christianity. But it's artist Stephen Sawyer, whose paintings of the Son of God as a tattooed biker and boxer have captured the imagination of Christian men searching for a more manly role model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Blasphemy! BLASPHEMY!

:D
Edit: I just thought this might be taken as offensive, so I wanted to say that it was intended as a joke. Please don't think I was serious. :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Does he kick some non-believer ass when they try to crucify him this time? I was really expecting that last time... was NOT ready for the twist at all.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
All the while, I thought every man would go crazy for it...

Or was it just me and my imagination?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@Jesus4Lyf:
As far as i know the bible says he was a carpenter.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
@Jesus4Lyf:
As far as i know the bible says he was a carpenter.
You know wrong. :)
There is a close reference that says he was the son of a carpenter, which has often been mistranslated to say he was one himself. ;)

... Err, not that it matters, just wanted to clarify that nobody should really care! xD

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
You know wrong. :)
There is a close reference that says he was the son of a carpenter, which has often been mistranslated to say he was one himself. ;)

... Err, not that it matters, just wanted to clarify that nobody should really care! xD

+10

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
There's a reason for the quotes around 'father'. J4L thar is referring to Joseph.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If you did about Islam you would be on some kind of list just saying...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.